[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Sfakan.Kulampara
(Login sfakan)
Hellenic Hoplites (Greece)

Re: Greek Armed Forces Reserves at Cambrian Patrol 2011 "Bronze Metal winners"

No score for this post
November 13 2011, 3:20 PM 

Look at the guy with the goat beard...LOL

98th Medical Battalion taking positions for combat!

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

(Login polyvios)

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 1:36 AM 

These men are off the Greek army for quite some time now.

They are not very young, they have no professional relation with the army, not even support from it.

They have their normal jobs and families but they are training by themselves and by their own means and decided to participate in this exercise which by the way has high special forces standards.

For instance the best of the special forces from the Netherlands participated but quitted the exercise. The same happened with most of the participants (the exercise takes place where SAS's selection is taking place).

Other missions had full support from their countries (Canadiands for instance were there since August just to get accustomed to the area of the exercise), other countries send special forces units with battle experience from Afghanistan, Iraq etc and other countries participated with more than one team.

These Greeks got there just a day before the exercise representing our country for the first time in this exercise and kicked some *** really hard.

When the British found out that they were not professional Greek special units they bet they would quit from day 1.

But finally at the ceremony at the end they bowed to the them and said 'WE NEED MAN LIKE YOU' (for how many times do we have to hear the same comments in international exercises???).

Imagine what the Greek regular army can do to a completely incapable army which is getting owned by poor rebels...

WAFFer
(Login lobo-malvado)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 2:00 AM 

WTF

[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login lobo-malvado)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 2:01 AM 

WTF

[linked image]

(Login thanamestolga)
Moderators

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 2:09 AM 

These men are off the Greek army for quite some time now.

They are not very young, they have no professional relation with the army, not even support from it.

They have their normal jobs and families but they are training by themselves and by their own means and decided to participate in this exercise which by the way has high special forces standards.

For instance the best of the special forces from the Netherlands participated but quitted the exercise. The same happened with most of the participants (the exercise takes place where SAS's selection is taking place).

Other missions had full support from their countries (Canadiands for instance were there since August just to get accustomed to the area of the exercise), other countries send special forces units with battle experience from Afghanistan, Iraq etc and other countries participated with more than one team.

These Greeks got there just a day before the exercise representing our country for the first time in this exercise and kicked some *** really hard.

When the British found out that they were not professional Greek special units they bet they would quit from day 1.

But finally at the ceremony at the end they bowed to the them and said 'WE NEED MAN LIKE YOU' (for how many times do we have to hear the same comments in international exercises???).

Imagine what the Greek regular army can do to a completely incapable army which is getting owned by poor rebels...

--------------------------

[linked image] Nice speech, you need motivational music with that? Real military Operations against "poor rebels" who are supplied by Governments, and mainly do hit and run tactics on conscript 20 year olds VERSUS some old dudes with beards in an exercise with other old dudes.

--------------------
[linked image]

(Login polyvios)

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 2:51 AM 

These are the facts. Plain and simple.

Greeks got (another) recognition by an army who participated in most modern wars and this mission won over professional combat experienced special forces units from all over the world. And they were not even regular army!

More detailed info about those who know Greek can be found here:http://lefed.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=174:cambrian-patrol-2011-patrol-g32b&catid=15:cambrian-patrol-2011&Itemid=23

I forgot to mention that the motto that the Greeks were shouting was " " meaning "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"
ie "either you will win the battle, or you will die and then be carried back home on your shield".
It was said by Spartan mothers to their sons before they went out to battle to remind them of their bravery and duty to Sparta and Greece. A hoplite could not escape the field of battle unless he tossed away the heavy and cumbersome shield. Therefore losing one's shield meant desertion. (Plutarch, Moralia, 241)

The British commander was curious what they were yelling and was positevely surprised to have this explained by the chief of this Greek mission so much that he was later yelling it himself! Greek military tradition is alive and kicking in Greece and an inspiration to the world.

(Login thanamestolga)
Moderators

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 3:15 AM 

Combat does not come with cheesy quotes, sayings or anything like that. It comes with training, and experience which the modern Greek military does not have. I'm sure your Spartans were awesome, 300 style yelling as they stabbed and threw spears at Persians with their red capes and six packs in the open, but we are in the god dammed 21st Century and you should get used to that.

Today's fights involve shooting at actual targets (not paper) which Turks do more, dropping live munitions on actual targets, which Turks do more and an all around leadership who know what the hell they are doing. Now, can you tell me how long its been since Greece was taking out enemies, having their Air Force drop bombs on them? Now compare that to Turkey, which just went through a hostage situation, went into Iraqi territory in hunt of terrorists and had its Air Force do bombing runs against these same targets deep in Iraqi territory. Turkey has more experience, and more kills than the Greek military has achieved in how many decades? I'm not mentioning the amount of soldiers/members of police from other countries that continue to receive training from Turkey, compared to how many the Greek military trains (or doesn't). You guys talk about how Turkey can't handle some "poor rebels" bla bla, at least our capital hasn't been in a state of crisis in the last year because of some fat dudes with a molotov and a riot golden retriever. And I'm not doubting any Greek soldier/cop, I'm sure they could do their jobs very well but don't go talking about things you don't know anything about.

Take that for facts.

--------------------
[linked image]

(Login polyvios)

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 3:29 AM 

You sound confused with the capabilities of the Greek army which is normal because it does not get the media often. This is good by the way because if you decide to attack us you will have a nice surprise. You should know that the Greek state does not advertise the capabilities of its army nor it states that Greeks are born warriors or other BS like that, because we are not nationalists and we do not want to terrorize anyone, or wave a (prewar) physchological warfare or look for a fight. We want peace and stability the kind you can found in Western Europe. This is the common sense you will encounter in the Greek society and its political leadership. This however does not mean that we are not ready to fight against any revisionist agressive neighbor that unfortunately and unescapily we have to face. But I did not reference Kurds nor the Turkish army in my posts. So I guess you admit that the Turkish army is incapapble and is fighting against against poor rebels and you feel the need to contradict that?

(Login thanamestolga)
Moderators

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 3:41 AM 

What did I admit? I'm sorry? You think you can outsmart me because you're some special Greek? "Imagine what the Greek regular army can do to a completely incapable army which is getting owned by poor rebels..." is a clear reference to the conflict with PKK at the moment, and those are the exact words coming out of most Greeks on here so don't try to find an excuse for that statement too you wise little weirdo. You were bragging about the Greeks awesome show of force at a RESERVES EXERCISE of all exercises and now you're talking about being peace loving Westerners? Be more clear on your damn posts because you're going on a subject about military forces to some bullshiiiite about being a peaceful Western society. Now is there any other way you feel like sugar coating how Greece would get its *** handed to itself by Turkey or would you like to keep going? And you're talking about how the Greek military doesn't show its capabilities? LMFAO. There are a dozen more HAF lock on videos than Turkish ones on the internet, there are 100 pictures from a SINGLE exercise with Israel when Turkey had been doing exercises with Israel for decades yet only a few pictures have surfaced and you're going to tell ME that Greek doesn't show itself enough in the media? LOL. I don't want Greek territory, its not worth my energy. As long as I have my home city of Istanbul I am happy with in this country.

--------------------
[linked image]

Nikephoros
(Login Nikephoros)
Eagle Squadron (US)

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 4:36 AM 

What a hypocrite these sh1tty Arabs like thana-turd are. That Greek reservists could win bronze in such a competition against 14 other active duty teams says enough. The world famous Gorkhas of India won gold:http://ibnlive.in.com/generalnewsfeed/news/indian-army-team-bags-gold-at-world-patrolling-competition/893662.html

Your whole nation only knows sh1tty macho quotes from their sorry media and school indoctrination, and they pass off such as ignorance as the only knowledge they ahve of history. If your military had actual VTR tapes of lock-ons they would have been leaked by your crap Arab nation to gloat over, but they don't really exist. We don't care about your stupid denials of your nation's expansionism which is patent from your leaders who have even publicly claimed the island of Gavdos off the coast of Crete. After-all, who expects honesty from lying Mahometan Turks?

Sig:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vladtepesblogdotcom (to a muslim critic on a Youtube comment):
Yeah people who lift their arse to a child raping mass murdering thug who pretends he brought the moon down to earth and split it, they are not idiots. They are the disciples of the 'one true faith'. I'm not going to tell you to quit it. The worst thing I can say to anyone is, 'Go and be a Muslim'. So do carry on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An infidel commenter on Youtube lashes out at Islamic invaders posing as innocent migrants:
Herr Sarrazin uses an inappropriate term 2 describe those Muslim persons who come 2 Europe. He refers 2 them as "immigrants" when Muslims R actually "invaders". There's no such thing as a Muslim "immigrant" - no matter where they go. Muslims R ALWAYS invaders & they R either openly or covertly destroying th nation into which they invade. We must help Muslims either leave Islam or leave 4 Saudi. Permanent hajj - "right of return" - 2 th desert. All over th world, Islam must die.

KAFIR & PROUD!

Fsx
(Login JackDanielsDry)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 5:07 AM 

Fvck Greeks are one ugly race!

WTF!!!!

The Forger
(Login Onerous)

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 1:33 PM 

I didn't know being in the army was a beauty contest.

And, if you are a male - then the above comment raises my concern knowing that you look at how good looking the male soldiers are rather than how fukkin hard they'd kick your **** when it comes down to a life or death situation.
Now, who's the gay boy then?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Greece was the first of civilized nations that presented an example of what man should be."

Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States.

(Login cretegeorge)
Group General

No score for this post
November 15 2011, 5:43 AM 

More pictures...

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Nikiforos
(Login CptNikiforos)

No score for this post
November 17 2011, 1:56 PM 

If these men are the Reservists some of them has finished their military service more than 10 years ago, imagine what the regular army soldiers are.
And note that only few of them had served in Commando units!

Bravo sta Palikaria mas! Timi kai Doksa Stin Efedria!

HELLENIC ARMED FORCES
[linked image]
THE NIGHTMARE OF THE ENEMY!

E7
(Login E7)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
November 20 2011, 10:30 PM 

Just an FYI.. Bronze doesn't mean 3rd place.. First place has more than one medal, same for silver and bronze... And I wouldn't go as far as mentioning "special forces" in this.. it really isn't...

----------------------------------------------
[linked image]

Current Topic - Greek Armed Forces Reserves at Cambrian Patrol 2011 "Bronze Metal winners"  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]