Help, Suggestions & Complaints

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Kurdification of turkey...continues...

June 12 2012 at 2:07 PM
No score for this post

Sfakan.Kulampara  (Login sfakan)
Hellenic Hoplites (Greece)

Kurdish to be taught in public schools: Turkey PM

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoan said on Tuesday that Kurdish would be taught in public schools, "a historic step" for Turkey.

"Our pupils ... will now be able to learn Kurdish as optional courses if there is a sufficient number (of students)," Erdoan told his ruling party members in the parliament.

"This is a historic step," he added.

Turkey is home to a sizeable Kurdish population, mostly in its southeast.

Since it came to power in 2002, Erdoan's government has swept a number of reforms to ease restrictions before Kurdish language and Kurdish broadcasts under pressure from the European Union.

The Kurds can now broadcast in Kurdish, teach their mother tongue in private courses and use it in political life.

But it is the first time Turkish public schools will be offering Kurdish language course at a time Erdoan's Justice and Development Party (AKP) government is criticised for dragging feet on its so-called Kurdish initiative.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/kurdish-to-be-taught-in-public-schools-turkey-pm.aspx?pageID=238&nID=22959&NewsCatID=338

98th Medical Battalion taking positions for combat!

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Sfakan.Kulampara
(Login sfakan)

Re: Kurdification of turkey...continues...

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 2:10 PM 

[linked image]

A true charismatic leader!

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Sfakan.Kulampara
(Login sfakan)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 2:12 PM 

The problem is that the Kurds are not contained in the south east of the country anymore. They have expanded to all major cities. Pretty soon we'll see turks learning kurdish in order to survive in this fast changing environment.

The Kurds will suffocate you and eat you alive!

[linked image]

BaDeM
(Login Fetih1453)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 2:20 PM 

^^ that picture is priceless.

"Greece is the most artificial of all artificial nations that resulted from the dissolution of the Ottoman empire."

Greek historian Yerasimos Kaklamanis (Analysis of Neohellenic Bourgeois Ideology, p. 13)

Wolf
(Login theBLUEwolf)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 2:25 PM 

Its a choosing option which is perfectly acceptable ... it is not "Kurdification" in your words ...but more like democratisation . I am completely ok with it . However if there are people with feelings that this might lead to changing every class to be taught in Kurdish or Kurdish only schools ...then they will be dreaming ...

Just like the other languages being taught ...French , English , German .

However why would a kurd take Kurdish class in the first place . They all ready know Kurdish and it is more productive for him or her to learn another language .

-----------------------------------------------

[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login Spitfire_Z)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 2:38 PM 

Actually, Kurdish language education is nothing more than a toy which was uded by akp or bdp.

Years ago,Kurdish language was banned offiaclly.Than Kurdish courses opened.Later,all those courses was closed,cos people didnt attend.

People may ask for Kurdish language,this is their choice.But for findinga proper job in east,They should speak Turkish and English is a must.

Anyway I respect people's choices.

Fools call it 'kurdification' we call it 'democracy'

WAFFer
(Login electronix5.0)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 2:45 PM 

Turkey sure has come a long way from the days it denied the existance of Kurds and refered to them as mointain Turks.

Now the option of learning Kurdish openly and freely in schools. Next it will be like Canada were they had english as an official language and then in the 70's made french also an official language. Nowadays to score a government job in Canada you need to converse in both languages. In a few years Karagiozi Erdogan will probably make Kurdish official and Equal to Turkish. That is everthing will be posted and labelled in Kurdish and Turkish, Just like in Canada everthing is posted and labelled in English and French.

Now we just need him to instroduce a caliphate in parrallel to the republic. Bravo malaka erdogan.

Musti82
(Login Musti82)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 5:29 PM 

Turkey is not Canada,frenc and english in Canada have no different accents but turks,arabs and kurds have too many.
In 1920s many turks were speaking as local languages which have some accents differences. But our education have tought only Istanbul Turkish accents in order to prevent any missunderstand and make people have common Turkish language.
For situation of kurds is far different,unlike Canada kurds are speaking 3 different languages,and 4 different accents. For example Zaza people always prefered as kurds,however they prefer themselves as Zazas,not Kurds.
They speak different accents and language as well,it is impossible to understand each other when zaza speaks zazaki and a kurd speak kurmanchi or sorani.They understand themselves as Turkish because it is common language for 20 different ethnic groups in Turkey! Kurd from Bingöl does not even understand another kurd from Zaho or Arbil. A kurd from SanliUrfa does not understand a kurd from Hakkari.I know it well because I have many kurdish friends during my conscript military service,they speak turkish themselves because many of them do not understand each other,when one speaks kurdish accent from Agri and another speaks other kurdish accent(or even language)from Diyarbakir. happy.gif It is funny to say all Turks of Central Asia,such as Uzbeks,Kirgizis,Azeris,Kazaks,Turkmens and Tatars,Uygurs speak as one turkish,a common language as well! happy.gif Even and Azeri who is an Oguz Turk same as Anatolian Turks and Turkmens,does not understand each other very well!
But for French and English situation is different.All French and English people understand each other and there is no different accebts between each other.Every mankind who knows french or english understand BBC.
But German language has also many accents and differences according to regions.I know it too because I educated in Istanbul Erkek Lisesi,which has german maths,science and language lessons.A math teacher from Sachens say one of our friend Murat,as Murat but another from Alsas-Loren,says Murac. happy.gif
One more thing kurdish can not be equal or second official language in Turkey,because of differences I explain below. If you want to press something in kurdish you have to press it in 4 different times! That is impossible.Hahahahaha!!!

WAFFer
(Login takataka11)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 5:40 PM 

How many european ethnics are able to speak or learn languages easily?
look at scotland.They can not even speak their language/They have been assimilated.They try to be independent without a language.Oliver Cromwell banned their language.They all now speak english.You can maybe find 50000 person maximum in Scottish islands who are able to speak Scottish.
Look at ireland.They are independent for a long time.They use english more than irish.Most of them can not even speak irish.
Look at france.Less than 10% of bretagne people in france can speak their language.Look at bask people in france.They dont know their language.Only 50%can speak corsican in corsica.French is the official language and the only language in education system.
I strongly believe in common language.Look at the situation in belgium.They are divided.Because they dont have a common language.They refuse to talk the other one's language/
We will see what Tayyip is doing whether it will work or not.I am not in favour or against.I dont know.
If he is going to give optional classes he has to give to all the other ethnics.What about laz,georgian,zazas,arabic,assyrian,chechnians,pomaks,bosnians etc.
Especially,I would like to see zazas classes.I dont think pkk/bdp will like this idea ,because they want just kurdish.They want to eliminate others.so if tayyip is going to give language classes,give them all.

WAFFer
(Login electronix5.0)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 5:43 PM 

Give them an inch and they will ask for a mile.

WAFFer
(Login TurkishDomination)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 6:12 PM 

democratization? this is bending over and let someone penetrate your azz

next please make armenian language official language of Turkey

I'm not like everybody else

BarbaMitso
(Login BarbaMitso)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 7:31 PM 

"Turkey is not Canada,frenc and english in Canada have no different accents"

You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking.

Tolga
(Login thanamestolga)
Moderators

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 7:42 PM 

What happened to the Islam taking over? You guys are rats trying to stir trouble nothing more :P

-------------------------------------
Who's Chuck Norris?
[linked image]

Sfakan.Kulampara
(Login sfakan)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 9:27 PM 

"Fools call it 'kurdification' we call it 'democracy' "

It is a national strategic defeat of turks. From banning kurdish in the 80s, denying the existance of Kurds and calling them "mountain turks"...........NOW, you started to tolerate Kurdish language lessons in PUBLIC SCHOOLS!

turks finaly saw the light: Kurds do exist, they are a seperate ethnic identity from turks and they have a language and culutre which they want to preserve.

BIG OWNAGE FOR turks!

[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login Spitfire_Z)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 9:58 PM 

Once again you have shown how far you are from Turkey's recent facts and just talking with an empty big mouth my dear friend.

Listen,80's Turkey had nothing with specially Kurds..it had problems with everyone. system hated leftists, Arabs,people who read much and every person who is not acting like rest of society.There was a kinda witch hunting..No need to hide,all we lived through those days...

I had met a retired Arab teacher from Hatay in a book fair.He said;in his wedding,1974, cops came and made him sign a paper;'I accept that we wont sing Arabic song,if we do, I accept policemen end my wedding!'

At same book fair, I met another teacher,he said his teacher dropped ice into his t-shirt when he spoken a Kurdish word in class.He said he was only 13 and season was damn icy winter!

All those are facts and reality.. But now that is time to correct things.

There is no ownage as you suggest today.Turkey faces his mistakes and takes steps to correct.

In 80s Kurdish songs were banned today noone gives a f@ck..More you ban something;people chase for it more... I guess officals seen that.

End of all;now we are in 2012(I am not sure if you aware of year,cos in your country clocks no run on clock-wise,they run reverse that your Greece goes back stone age economically.But Turkey aheads to forward,left you far behind)
Things are much different than we seen 30 years ago...

That is democracy in progress..No matter what you call it.

This message has been edited by Spitfire_Z on Jun 12, 2012 10:01 PM

WAFFer
(Login electronix5.0)

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 1:38 PM 

Turks get it through your thick stuborn skulls. Now the Kurds have the breathing room they need. As they have been more or less defacto recognized sooner or later the so called "Real Turkish Politicians" will have to cater to them more and more. In a few years the kurdish demographic will result in Trukish elections being influenced on the following scale, "If you want to rule Turkey with a solid majority" you will need more and more of the Kurdish vote.

Don't think the idea of Turkey making Kurdish and official language equal to Turkish is a far off idea.

xtanbul
(Login istanbul_since_1453)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 1:46 PM 

So why doesn't nirvana or tango comment?

-----

[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login emperor-attila)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 3:16 PM 

gayreek..

its a great mystery how you could be a doctor with this imbecility .

1.5 millon immigrants invaded your country. even paksitanis are more then gayreeks in cetain sections of athen..

BTW. we are evil barbarian. we erased armos and we may add kurdos to the list.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]