Defence Forum
Asia & Pacific Defence Forum
Help, Suggestions & Complaints

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

OLYMPICS AND NATIONALISM/greek embarassment

August 11 2012 at 1:27 PM
No score for this post

Felix  (Login centurion16)

A few days ago, I posted 10 reasons for which I like Turks, among them that their diaspora nationalistic is. For me nationalism is the best thing in the world. From my student times in Franfurt I have known a lot of Turks of the second generation and they were Turks to the bone, many of them were "bozkurt". Nowadays turkish youth in germany and in europe is not assimilated but keeps the roots and traditions of nation and faith.
on the other hand, I was expecting the great "patriots" of ours with the big mouths to say smthing about the case of olympic medal winner in canoe-kajak Sideris Tassiadis.Nope not a thing! nit convenient! in plain greek "to kanane gargara!!"
this cute 22 year old boy was born by greek parents, that grew up in evros prefecture(at the border to Turkey)in Augburg, Bavaria. His family came back to greece in the 90's for 5 years, so he went to school from age 5-10. Then his parents disilusioned about the financial situation in Greece went back to germany, to Augsburg. Germany's economy and especially bavaria's is booming ever since.
so this kid wins a golden medal at european championships and now a medal in the olympics. And the grrek reporters mere by looking his name say" ooh! another grrek medal!
and they interview him but to their surprise he says" Greece gave a sh!t about me all these years. I am a german now, the Germans have helped me and after the olympics I become a police officer hier in Bavaria"
Intervied by Giannis Ntaskas in Alpha radio 989 on Aug 3rd (in the stations archive u can find the interview like I did) he stated answering a question that he would fight with germany "i have to if they tell me" even if it were against greece!!! he told it with an Irony from what I understood and with bitterness, but I had the impression he meant that too.
no greek media covered this story( cause it's way too embarassing) and even some blogs only referred to it but" burried"it under other news.
I couldn't imagine there would be a single Turk doing the same in germany or anywhere else. I know that many of them volunteer for military service in Turkey even if they don't have to(double citizenship)

This message has been edited by centurion16 on Aug 11, 2012 1:32 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Viper
(Login Apeirotan)
Hellenic Hoplites (Greece)

Re: OLYMPICS AND NATIONALISM

No score for this post
August 11 2012, 1:31 PM 

"no greek media covered this story( cause it's way too embarassing) and even some blogs only referred to it but" burried"it under other news."

I don't watch much tv so I don't know but you are wrong about the blogs. It was a head story in the biggest greek sports sites.

http://www.gazzetta.gr/olympiakoi-agones-2012/article/314327-o-tasiadis-kai-oi-apokliroi-tis-elladas
-----------------------------------------------
Kneel Before The Turk Eater
[linked image]

This message has been edited by Apeirotan on Aug 11, 2012 1:33 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

WAFFer
(Login _Anthropos_)

Re: OLYMPICS AND NATIONALISM/greek embarassment

No score for this post
August 11 2012, 1:34 PM 

This message has been edited by _Anthropos_ on Aug 11, 2012 1:38 PM

Viper
(Login Apeirotan)

No score for this post
August 11 2012, 1:35 PM 

You should also read this one if you want to understand what is hidden behind Tasiadis sayings:

http://www.gazzetta.gr/olympiakoi-agones-2012/article/313822-i-ethniki-syneidisi-den-eksagorazetai

-----------------------------------------------
Kneel Before The Turk Eater
[linked image]

Nikephoros
(Login Nikephoros)
Eagle Squadron (US)

No score for this post
August 11 2012, 1:37 PM 

Greek media covered it, Centurk. I read about it, but it is not worth posting.

The Turkish diaspora you admire they have a word for them: traitors, fifth columnists. According to these same ultra-nationalist diaspora Turks and their views of minorities in Turkey, the Europeans would be very justified if they commence military operations against them tomorrow. I agree with that solution.

Sig:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[linked image]
Why is vaseline in my sig? Because Turks don't want to read what I post. Hopefully the lube makes it easier for those criminal scum who are such great cry-babies to swallow.

WAFFer
(Login 0dySSeaS)

No score for this post
August 11 2012, 1:42 PM 

centurion stop beeing a drama queen. you are pathetic and laikistis, not a patriot.

[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login hiddenwolf)

No score for this post
August 11 2012, 1:44 PM 

Felix, you are the only Greek I like on this forum.

-----------------------------
[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login 0dySSeaS)

No score for this post
August 11 2012, 1:47 PM 

he is not greek

[linked image]

Felix
(Login centurion16)

No score for this post
August 11 2012, 1:50 PM 

greek media didn't cover his last statement, which I concider most embarassing. That in case of a war between the two countries he would fight on the german's side. I don't think i've heard something like this in the past 25 years and in the light of our relationship with germany I find it at least peculiar that such a statement went almost unnoticed...

WAFFer
(Login _Anthropos_)

No score for this post
August 11 2012, 1:59 PM 

Felix, obviously the guy is a bitter moron. Why would the Greek media spend more time on him after they found out that?

[linked image]

Power through Knowledge

"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free."
Nikos Kazantzakis

WAFFer
(Login 0dySSeaS)

No score for this post
August 11 2012, 1:59 PM 

it wasnt unoticed. the greek media covered it including the last statement , i personaly heard that on a radio discussion on skai.

you too are not beeing unoticed... like someone who desperately seeks some attention, by beeing a karagiozis

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]