CARVEorSTARVE

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
mw
(no login)

Jack you seem to be just pining for arguement...

April 26 2010, 2:10 PM 

Don't know what you have against me, I wasn't trying to hurt your sales any, just answering a question that some one had about flipping the bar, didn't think I'd get flipped the bird for giving helpful advice.

Respond to this message   
MWR
(Login toughcypress)

Re: Jack you seem to be just pining for arguement...

April 26 2010, 7:10 PM 

I watch the video as well
and notice all the smoke .

when I've had a bar do that I agree something was wrong .
Like a pith tip or needs grinding or oiler is having problems .

I see you say no problems just abusing the bar ,
The problem I've had with a bar getting that hot isn't with the bar
I can dress it up but the 1/4 pitch chains I use will stiffen up and
become worthless .

what problems if any do you have ruining chains "

Respond to this message   

Butch Elrod
(Login WoodHacker)

Stiff Chain

April 27 2010, 6:52 AM 

>>I can dress it up but the 1/4 pitch chains I use will stiffen up and
become worthless

Interesting. I have a stiff 1/4 pitch chain which probably got that way when I smoked a Stihl dime tip. I wasn't sure how I damaged it but it came in handy as a practice chain when I started grinding the back corner off my 1/4 pitch chains...

Respond to this message   

buzzsawz
(Login buzzsawz)

smoke em!!!!

April 29 2010, 6:55 PM 

if i plunge cut straight in with tip i can make my little bar smoke so i know jacks not playing games and thats with oiler wide open chain loose enough where the drag is not to much on tip . i just try to not plunge cut with top of the tip of the carving bar but if i was doing that alot that sioux bar of jacks looks like the one you need !!!!!

Respond to this message   

mw
(Login idleworship)

what happened buzzy?

May 1 2010, 4:10 PM 

dfid you get totally booted from the other forums? havent been around much, but I come back, and on soime forums you're a super star, but not in a good way. Hope al is well for you, and hope you're learning
the forums trolling
crving community is a tempermental easily hurtch, and you just need to iether stay clear, or learn how to please their thin skinn. time ta go fishin' or get outta the boat I guess....

Respond to this message   

buzzsawz
(Login buzzsawz)

Re: what happened buzzy?

May 1 2010, 4:28 PM 

mw its better to be hated and alive then loved and dead anyway glad to see your still kickin post some work. oldmountainandbearcountry.com im interested in your small carvings i need ideas

Respond to this message   
Brian Harnett
(Login Brianharnett)

The bar is great

May 12 2010, 6:05 PM 

I have been using my new bar for a month or so I like it, I carve 4-5 hours a day 5-6 days a week so it has some time on it.

The chain seems to run smoother over the bar and has less wear on the bottom of the links. The only issue I had was working in the sun, the bar is reflective, I will put some flat black on it, I think it was well worth the extra coast.

A 16 or 18" quarter tip would be a nice addition to the lineup.

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/brianharnett/Wood%20Carvings/
http://harnettdesigns.com/

Respond to this message   
R.B.
(no login)

That was pretty sneaky!!!

May 18 2010, 5:21 PM 

I supose I better get workin, just too pay for that new Souix Warrior, custom engraved carving bar extreme, that Jerry is going to bring to Gunnison, depth gauge and all!!!!! Are you going to be in Brush, Colorado at the Ag Show this year Jack ?

Respond to this message   
EastmanCustom
(no login)

Re: Sioux Warrior Carving Bar

June 2 2012, 7:16 AM 

I don't see anything particularly impressive in the video, with what you did with that bar.

I also had it muted, maybe thats my problem, but if I can't see what's so special without hearing you talk, then there is probably a problem.

The chain was not "masterfully" sharp based off the size of the stuff being kicked from the saw, but 'twas sharp enough, I just have never seen that much smoke coming out of a plunge cut, and you didn't seem to get terribly impressive results, though the scooping at the end was cool...just not 150 dollars cool.

Respond to this message   

Anonymous hero
(Login JackNAmy)
CCSG Board

Re: Sioux Warrior Carving Bar

June 2 2012, 10:29 AM 

The chain wasn't fully sharpened on purpose. I didn't want people to think that the only reason it could last through such abuse was that it had a super sharp chain and when cutting into seasoned old growth end grain it is impossible to pull out long stringers of wood. The seasoned carvers who have a Sioux bar will attest to the fact that it can repeatedly do things that would destroy a normal bar in minutes as well as lasting for years and years. I got tired of buying 2-3 carving bars every year and having one die in the middle of a show or a onsite job. Jack

Respond to this message   
mw
(no login)

truth be told???

September 18 2012, 2:41 PM 

So which was it, earlier in our posts you attest that the chain was "masterfully sharpened" and now you sate it was not fully sharppened??? Meaning what? only one side was sharp, or every other tooth??? Which would actually make a chain bump, and grabb, making it cut really aggressively, and rough, which wouldn't give much time for smoking in the waste gate... It's been a while since this post, and I haven't heard a lot of rave things about the Soux. Like any other, some like it, some don't care iether way... WHat we need is a stelite hardened spine, with further impass, and a hollowed out bar with some sort of epoxy, or PVC center, which would actually flex a bit, never wear down, and never over heat. Been working on a doiuble channeled bar which will allow the bar andchain oil to recycle, more times through the track of the bar, so it flings out less waste, and keeps things cooler internally. Also building a diesel, trubo powered unit, for those interested.... What will be the next craze for CS carving, carbon fiber bars, and veadium tooth chains???? Well maybe, I'll be saving to be the first test guinea pig for that glutt of techy geeky stuff, that may never go any where, but would be fun to try!!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous hero
(Login camurblck2012)

Re: truth be told???

November 5 2012, 8:26 AM 

Well,exactly really looking good shape.Who is the owner of this bar and where is the bar, Let me know, Thank you.

[urlhttp://www.tinyurl.com/96wg6lj|]general knowledge[/url]

Respond to this message   
Anonymous hero
(no login)

Where to find the sioux bar...

November 18 2012, 4:48 PM 

www.siouxbars.com

Respond to this message   
Brittany
(Login richardhamilton)

Still available?

July 8 2014, 8:58 AM 

Hello,
Are these carving bars still for sale? The link is no longer good. My husband has one and loves it, but he needs a new one asap.
Thanks,
Brittany
Richard Hamilton
www.GetChainsawArt.com

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SculptureCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement