Return to Index  

More info

January 30 2006 at 4:42 PM
Kiwichick  (Login kiwichick145)

Response to thanks and question about accupuncture

Hi crazy Anna

CoQ10 is supposed to energise the mitochondria in cells and thereby improve egg quality (or at least slow the decline). But actually, the CoQ10 research is much stronger for its effects on male fertility. My naturopath has both me and my husband on it.

DHEA has been found to improve ovarian response to stims in SOME women, and seems to increase the incidence of spontaneous pregnancies. It's relatively new so the research isn't that solid yet. Here's the link on it: http://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/premature_ovaries.html

L-arginine is fine unless you get cold sores or herpes because it can bring them on. But if you are clear of those nasties, then l-arginine away!

A competent acu will not mess your cycle up; he/she will strengthen what your cycle already does well. They should ask you every time what cycle day you are on, and the points used should be different before and after O. And make sure you tell them if you have a cold or something because using the usual acu points may make your cold worse.

Good luck,
Kiwichick

Me 40.10, DH 44
Highest FSH 19.6 (8/2003); latest FSHs 9.6 (4/05), 9.7 (6/05), 12.4 (10/05), 8.5 (1/06)
DD 18 months (IUI/Clomid high FSH baby)
ttc#2 since March 2005, two failed IUIs (Clomid)
Doing acupuncture, Chinese herbs and supplements, DHEA (since 12/05), occasional wheatgrass
IVF#1 (MDL) cancelled (July 2005)
Chemical pg on a break cycle (Aug 2005)
IVF#2 BFN (Nov 2005)
Chemical pg on a break cycle (Jan 2006)
IVF#3 pushed back to about March/April?

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement