Return to Index  

Ingrid, I wish I knew the right words to say to you...

February 20 2007 at 7:34 AM
Faith  (no login)

Response to Why do I even bother? Does anyone else feel like this?....

This is just so hard. I feel the way you do too and it is just a loop that plays in my head over and over and over. Right now I am trying to figure out how to leap past this and get on with my life, but I can't figure out how. And DH and I are definitely not in the same place about this. He flat out says that he cannot understand why I would want to be pregnant again and what is the big deal with having a baby anyway?!! He would like another child so our DD has a sibling, but thinks adoption is clearly the way to go. As far as he is concerned we are done trying -- even naturally. We can't even talk about it without it turning into a screaming match about all the what ifs. And meanwhile my sweet DD's life passes by with Mommy and Daddy so completely consumed with something else.

I guess I'm not making you feel better just venting myself. But you can see you are not alone. I have been thinking of finding a counselor to help me work through these feelings. But that in itself is hard because I just don't want to have one more commitment that is connected to IF.

I guess my best advice to you right now is to enjoy the wonderful vacation with your family. You really do have a family in every sense of the word, even if it is not exactly as you had planned.

HUGS

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement