Return to Index  

Hi, Emily (pg ment)

May 24 2007 at 6:41 PM
PJ  (Login PJK092205)

Response to Great Info!

Just to clarify - when i said above 'natural cycle' i mean natural cycle ivf - i.e., low or minimal meds, then do a retrieval, freeze & transfer once bf is over. Just wanted to make sure that was clear. I got pg from my 2nd low-stim ivf (which was virtually a natural cycle) in spite of only producing 1 follie.

In your situation, you might be able to try a few cycles with just meds and bd. Estinyl could be used (potentially) to regulate your cycle - i.e., to lengthen the follicular phase to increase the odds of quality eggs. And some supplementation in the luteal phase would likely be necessary also - if your cycle is that short then probably your luteal phase needs to be lengthened as well.

Those are just some thoughts - this would keep the cost down and give you a few months to try semi-naturally before going back to ivf. As you said, if you're a poor responder (as i am), then why waste the money and effort on all the stims.

It's good that your RE is still willing to work with you in spite of being a poor responder. You might consider a phone consult w/ dr. check to see what he would recommend for you. You could either then continue to work w/ your RE and maybe use some of his recommendations.

Just some thoughts for you to consider -

P.J.

Name: PJ
FSH: max day 3 35, day 10 of CCCT 45
TTC #1 4 years, 3 failed IUI's, 2 failed CCCT's, about 2 mos of acu & supplements, 1 naturally conceived, healthy DS when FSH was 19.9 and I was 38yo
TTC #2 10 months, lots of acu, herbs, supplements
IVF #1 - 1 follie - went to ER but egg was bad (clomid + 150 menopur)
IVF #2 - 14 days of bcp's, day 3 fsh of 17, clomid only on day 3 and day 5. 1 follie at retrieval, Successful transfer of 1 4-cell, grade A embryo. BFP! EDD 10/24/07

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement