Return to Index  

I am older but pretty much same thing...no baby yet...(mc ment)

July 28 2008 at 12:17 AM
Orchid  (no login)

Response to UGGGGHHH!!! DS mentioned

Do NOT despair. You have an EXCELLENT CHANCE of getting pregnant. 11 is really an OK level. It's borderline normal. I would bet a million dollars that a very healthy diet and a little Chinese medicine would get you pregnant fairly soon.

I am older. I first got that same level when I was around 40. I may have been 39, I don't know.

I have read a gazillion pregnant women older than I was and with much higher fsh levels get pregnant since.

I have been pregnant twice. I have lost both. But at the same time, I have seem other people get pg. and have it go through. It's a bit of a crapshoot. So I don't tell you about my losses to worry you...some other people have on the over 40 board with really high FSH and many immune issues.

I have hashimoto's and grave's antibodies. However, my thyroid levels are fine after being moderately hyper for a period. I was told by both my RE and my endo to go on levox at a very low dosage anyway. Now my thyroid levels are loooooowwww...but this is OK, according to my RE.

Anyway...you may want to see an endo and ask about this study. It is supposed to drastically help with mc for those with anti thyroid antibodies.

So far, I have not been successful. But my RE thinks I could be. I'm doing an IUI this month.

I had trouble getting pg. until I started doing acupuncture, though. So you might want to consider that if you aren't doing it now.

I am three years older and my fsh is going up to 14 recently. That is my highest level. So the picture is not quite as rosy for me but I still think I have an OK shot.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement