Hi, ladies -
So, it's a given that i'll let all of YOU great ladies know the moment i know my test results - for better or worse (counting the hours 'till 2/13). I'm in a bit of a quandry as to what to do with a couple of friends, though. I confided in a couple of my friends from my playgroup that i was going through ivf. They're pretty close friends and i knew that they would be supportive and do lots of praying for me! One of the friends, coincidentally, has PCOS and had her 1st DD (around my DS's age) via stims & timed intercourse (1st try, i think). She is now pg with her 2nd - it took 2 tries of stims & timed intercourse. So she can relate to what i'm going through. Her first try, she told me when she got her bfn. Her 2nd try, she didn't say anything so i knew that it was a bfp. When she finally told me she was a bit disappointed that i knew already that it was a bfp.
So here's my quandry - if i get a bfn i'll want to let my friends know because they've been so nice and supportive (and i'll need their moral support and possibly their babysitting for my next ivf) but if i get a bfp i might want to hold off (the same as my friend did) for fear of a m/c. Am i being silly and should i tell them whatever happens? Or should i go under wraps and not tell them anything for a few weeks?
Thanks for reading this rather convoluted post - i appreciate your thoughts -
Age: 40, DH Age: 40
FSH: max 35, recent 14.9, 8(!)
TTC #1 5 years, 3 failed IUI's, 2 failed CCCT's (day 10 FSH 45), about 2 mos of acu & supplements, 1 naturally conceived, healthy DS when FSH was 19.9 and I was 38yo
TTC #2 10 months, lots of acu, herbs, supplements & BD - lots of BFN's so far
IVF #1 - 1 follie - went to ER but egg was bad (clomid + 150 menopur)
IVF #2 - in process - 14 days of bcp's, clomid only on day 3 and day 5. Successful transfer of 1 4-cell, grade A embryo. Awaiting beta on 2/13