Especially since it could all turn to custard tomorrow! BUT, we are borrowing money off the folks for IVF, so eventually my mum will call and either ask how the cycle's going or ask why the desposit got refunded. So, I guess we'll have to tell her then. And my sister, and maybe my brother and his wife (they are also ttc; she's 40).
In other words, we are keeping as quiet as we can to as many people as we can, for now.
I have a really tricky one too. I am supposed to fly to South Africa in early March to give a couple of workshops; I agreed to this almost 18 months ago, so it's a serious commitment! If we somehow scrape through tomorrow's beta I think I am going to have to cancel. And I feel like I really need to just come clean with the truth so the organiser understands how serious this is; any other excuse would seem lame. I really don't want to travel at 10 weeks after it's taken me 2 years to even get this far. And if the pregnancy fails prior to that, I won't feel like travelling anyway because I'll be miserable. If we flunk tomorrow's beta I figure it'll all be over in a couple of weeks and I might enjoy the trip for a break. But if we are still in the running I think I'll have to call it off. I feel bad, but what can you do?
Here's hoping we both have this dilemma to wrestle with!
Me 41.10, DH 45
Highest FSH 19.6 (8/2003); latest FSHs 9.6 (4/05), 9.7 (6/05), 12.4 (10/05), 8.5 (1/06), 18.8 (2/06), 16.4 (4/06), 9.0 (7/06), 12.1 (10/06)
DD 2 yrs (IUI/Clomid high FSH baby)
ttc#2 since March 2005, two failed IUIs (Clomid)
Doing acupuncture (since 6/05, Chinese herbs and supplements, DHEA (since 12/05), occasional wheatgrass; added baby aspirin and 5mg folic acid from 4/06. DH doing acu, herbs, Vitamin C (under duress).
IVF#1 (MDL) cancelled (July 2005)
Chemical pg on a break cycle (Aug 2005)
IVF#2 - 2 embies, BFN (Nov 2005)
Chemical pg on a break cycle (Jan 2006)
Chemical pg on a break cycle (March 2006)
IVF#3 - 4 embies, 3 t/f, chemical pg (May 2006)
IVF#4 - 3 embies, BFN (Aug 2006)
IVF#5 - cancelled, one follie (Nov 2006)
Natural BFP (chem pg?) in Feb 2006 while waiting to start first low stim IVF/IUI