<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Possible chemical pg ... will they let me cycle anyway??

January 23 2006 at 1:08 AM
Kiwichick  (Login kiwichick145)

OK, so my LP is usually 12-13 days without P4, and I'm now 14dpo. I had some cramps yesterday and today, so assumed AF was on the way. I wanted to switch to my CD1-3 Chinese herbs (yes, I'm one of those naughty people who takes herbs while cycling), so thought I'd better POAS (waste of time and money though it is) to make doubly sure. I got the faintest shadow of a line.

This is just what I need. I'm 14dpo and this thing looks like a teeny tiny shadow (and on a HPT that supposedly has a sensitivity of 20mIU, too). It's not even pink. Which tells me that either it's a hoax or I am having a friggin' chemical pg - ugh!! I have not had a single other symptom, not even my trademark signs that have heralded one successful and one chemical pg in the past with eerie similarity. So no, this is not good news (except I suppose that maybe it means we can, in theory, do it on our own).

Will they stop me from cycling??? That's my biggest fear. Or, if it's just like a late AF, will they let me continue? Any experiences with this?????

I am going to POAS tomorrow morning using FMU, then call in for a beta if I am still hallucinating. I need either a blank HPT (well, one line and the rest virginal white), a rapidly plummeting (or very low) beta, or a high and skyrocketing one, nothing in between. I am so freaked out they will make me wait another month because we are travelling next month so I'd have to wait two!! I'll be turning 41 by then! Booohoooooooooooo!!!!

Kiwichick

Me 40.10, DH 44
Highest FSH 19.6 (2003); latest FSHs 9.6 (4/05), 9.7 (6/05), 12.4 (10/05), 8.5 (1/06)
DD 18 months (IUI/Clomid high FSH baby)
ttc#2 since March 2005, two failed IUIs (Clomid)
Doing acupuncture, Chinese herbs and supplements, DHEA, occasional wheatgrass
IVF#1 (MDL) cancelled (July 2005)
Chemical pg on a break cycle (Aug 2005)
IVF#2 BFN (Nov 2005)
IVF#3 stims starting next CD2 (Jan/Feb)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Karlas
(no login)

Re: Possible chemical pg ... will they let me cycle anyway??

January 23 2006, 7:18 AM 

I am hoping and crossing everything that you get the brightest hot pink line you have ever seen. I think last time I had the + hpt dream it was you so maybe it will be again. Let us know how it goes.

Respond to this message   
Kiwichick
(Login kiwichick145)

No, definitely not a BFP - but thanks anyway! :)

January 23 2006, 10:58 AM 

The line is either not there or even less there today, and my temp dropped to 97.9 this morning, which is good because maybe that means AF isn't far away and we can get this show on the road. I'm just hoping this current cycle holds the golden egg, not some decoy like the one that has just made an appearance!

Kiwichick

Respond to this message   
Faith
(no login)

Kiwi, I wish this was the real thing.....

January 23 2006, 1:29 PM 

I hope it doesn't hold you back if it isn't

Respond to this message   

konni
(Premier Login goldiescholar)

they might do a beta

January 23 2006, 2:32 PM 

You would have to be below a certain level even if it's probably chemical pg. that's what I experienced in 01 with my chem pg.

Respond to this message   
Kiwichick
(Login kiwichick145)

Yeah, they did send me for a beta, and AF just arrived too

January 23 2006, 4:12 PM 

So now I'm just hoping and hoping the beta was low enough. Ugh!

Thanks,
Kiwichick

Respond to this message   
Lillian
(no login)

Hoping for a negative beta

January 23 2006, 7:32 PM 

Wow - never thought I'd write that!!

I so wish it were the real thing, but with AF here I'm guessing that you are back to zero and will be able to start your cycle. Sending you good vibes that you will be injecting yourself very soon!!

I'm expecting AF in a couple of days but I have been so swamped at work I haven't even called in to get my bcp which I'm supposed to start taking. Nor have I done all my blood work or scheduled the hsg. In fact, I don't even know if my new insurances recognizes me yet (they didn't a week ago) so I'm freaking out that we won't be able to get the coverage approval before we are to start injectables. Plus just found out DH is going to be gone end of February for about 3 days - bad timing!

Too much stress - let's both get some good relaxation time in!
xoxo
Lillian

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Possible chemical pg ... will they let me cycle anyway??
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement