failed clomid challenge test, etcAugust 22 2007 at 1:54 PM
|Anonymous (Login Heather_ttc2)|
I'm new to this board and this is my first post ever to any message board. I'm feeling scared and confused at the time and feel comforted seeing that I'm not completely alone with this problem.
I'm going to be turning 35 next month. I've been ttc #2 for 2 1/2 years. I conceived my 3 yr old son naturally after trying for 9 months and had a healthy pregnancy. I've had 1 unsuccessful drug free IUI and 2 unsuccessful IUI with Gonal F. 1st one resulted in 3 follicles and the 2nd (same protocol) resulted in 8 follicles (they removed 5 of them prior to the IUI out of my fear of multiples). I had 1 day 3 FSH that was 11.9 and about 5 readings of 7 or below. Before the summer I took a clomid challenge test to see if I would be eligible for financing if we did IVF. My day 3 fsh was 7 but my day 10 was 15. It was supposed to go down, not up. This means we will have to cover all of the costs for IVF if we move forward with it. My insurance covers 6 IUIs but NO IVFs - ugh. My doctor said he would still work with me and still do an IVF but suggested that I take the summer to try naturally which we have done. I have also started accupuncture to help with stress and fertility and unfortunately have started taking a low dose antidepressant to give me a little boost (will stop if we decide to do IVF). My questions:
1. Does anyone have any experience with IVF after a failed Clomid Challenge?
2. Does anyone have any experience with an IVF using a day 5 transfer of only 1 embryo?
3. If you wish for a singleton pregnancy, would you transfer 2 embryos anyways?
4. Does anyone else take an antidepressant?
5. Does anyone have any experience with accupunture? positive/negative
|September 11 2007, 2:59 PM |
I'm sorry for all you are going through. Let me try and answer some of your questions....
1. I failed the clomid challenge test and did IVF after it resulting in one daughter. I did a natural IVF...meaning I grew one follice or two and they gave me Menopur or Bravelle in small doses to keep it growing. The time it worked I had two follies...both fert...both transfered...one stuck.
2. I had a three day tranfer with two embies. I've heard that 3 day tranfers are better because they are in a more "natural" environment.
3. I did wish for a singleton, but had two implanted to increase the odds.
4. I did take antidepressants...and was allowed to until I found out I was pg. I needed them due to the horrific time of thinking I would never be a mom to my own egg. (But I think DE is a wonderful choice and would have done that if my own didn't work).
5. I did acupuncture for many months...but the time that IVF worked, I hadn't done it in two months. My acupuncturist told me that if you are stuck the "wrong way" that it can result in a m/c. Yikes! I quite immediately. It just wasn't worth it to me.
I hope this helps. I'm sorry that your insurance doesn't pay...mine didn't pay for a thing....so I get it. But, it was worth it to us to spend the money on it.
Maybe you should try a high fsh friendly RE. Dr. Check at the Cooper Center is wonderful. Here's there site...www.ccivf.com
Best of luck and let me know if I can help.
|Current Topic - failed clomid challenge test, etc|