<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Newly pg at age 37 after 6 IVF's to have my son/chance of m/c

December 22 2008 at 9:55 PM
Hopeforamiracle  (Login Hopeformiracle)

I just want to take a moment to introduce myself. I was on the regular IF boards back in 2005. I have endometriosis/diminished ovarian reserve/poor response to meds. I had 5 failed IVF's at my local clinic before I headed to Cornell for a sixth cycle at age 34. I had a poor response (3 mature eggs), but I have a healthy 2.5 year old son from that cycle. I had a very hard time accepting he would probably be an only child, but I had finally come to that acceptance that summer as I was done with treatment and just could not convince dh to adopt. Our finances were also a big factor since we spent $$$$$ having ds.

I had pretty much given up on getting pg, but used my Clear Plan monitor just to check and see if I was ovulating. I have had fairly regular/shortish cycles around 26 (sometimes shorter, sometimes much longer) days for years. This cycle, I did not ovulate until day 19/20. I thought I was headed toward menopause. Around day 34, I took a pregnancy test just in case b/c I was taking antibiotics. Well, much to my surprise, I found out I am pregnant. The betas have risen normally, but it is still early. My OB's office thinks I am 6 weeks, but I think I am only 5 due to late ovulation. I am going for an early u/s tomorrow to see if there is a sac (I had one ectopic pg in 2004 from IVF).

I have never, not in 8 years, ever gotten pg w/o IVF. I am quite sure my fsh is high, but it has not been measured for 4 years, so I don't really know what it is. I am sure it is over 20. Instead of being happy, I am terrified, terrifed I will have a m/c or something will be terribly wrong with the pregnancy. There are such different opinions about high fsh and egg quality. I will be 38 at delivery if this pregnancy works out. Anyone else in a similar situation? What have you been told about the risk of m/c due to high fsh? How high is it???? I appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Best,
Heather

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Joanna
(no login)

Hi...

January 7 2009, 10:25 AM 

Just wondered how it was going with the pregnancy? I hope everything is ok.

This board is really slow so I don't post on it often, although i do feel bad posting over at the normal high FSH board. I try to mention that I have a child but I do think that you don't get much response if you say it as not as many people read the post or don't want to reply because I already have been blessed with a child. I understand that it is hard for people though.

I am on CD1 of a natural IVF cycle and I have to say that I'm a wreck. I'm petrified actually. I read up on statistics again last night and of course it is discouraging to say the least. All I can do is hope and pray and give it a shot.

Joanna

Respond to this message   
Pineapple
(no login)

Hi, can you please tell me why you....

June 15 2009, 8:39 AM 

were taking anitbiotics? and what antibiotics you took, i have read on many websites about women taking antibiotics and then concieving naturally so i was wondering if yo dont mind sharing, thank you.

Pineapple

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement