<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

May 7 2011 at 12:12 AM
auz41  (Login auz41)

Hi, I'm a 41 yr old who has had a first natural pregnancy at 35 yrs, been trying naturally for 3-4 yrs, last year had one unsuccessful ivf treatment.

last years reading fsh 6-8 in April 2010. was placed on dhea after ivf treatment taking 1/2 troche x 2 daily. after 3wks my glands swelled up so dropped to 1/4 x 2 daily up to jan 2011. I was having breast tenderness so had all the checkups and everything good. but decided to go off dhea and continue with accupuncture.

started in the last two weeks natural herbal medicine, in the last month had missed a cycle, thinking that I may have been pregnant as had all the symptoms and the fact we got together in mid cycle. Was experiencing mild to hot flushes tho.

Last week had a blood test at the ivf clinic and my fsh was 87!

so back on dhea and taking microgynon 50ed to minimise the effect. Reading literature starting to feel a sense of panic as to signs of blockage, ovarian failure or cancer. My next visit with the doctor is in about 3 wks to see what is happening.

Is there any hope for another child to add to our family? worried... thank you.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Juliemam
(Login juliemam)

sorry to hear that

June 11 2011, 2:05 PM 

but I'd want to know when during your cycle your blood test was done and if estrogen was taken too (I'd think an FSH clinic would do it "properly" but I need to ask)

For your FSH blood work that showed 6-7, what was your estrogen? If the estrogen is high-ish, it artificially lowers the FSH.

If you haven't found it yet, there is a much more active secondary board. It's a private one, you simply ask to be included and you are in. The moderator has done that to avoid the nasty anon posts that can sometimes show up on these (very) public forums.

Go see this BB, it's the pregnant despite infertility (mainly high FSH) but notice the links at the top of the page and find the secondary link there. That other BB is not only more active but free of ads, which can be annoying happy.gif
There is also a BB that has 40+ women ttc.

IF can be a lonely road so it's nice to chat with others.

good luck
Juliemam

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement