<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Untitled

December 17 2003 at 7:13 PM
No score for this post
WCB  (Login WCB)
CarlLindnerSucks.com Approved Member
from IP address 152.163.253.4

test

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
WCB
(Login WCB)

Re: Untitled

No score for this post
December 17 2003, 7:18 PM 

Can you read me now!?!?

I was just listening to the Reds Hot Stove League. Talk about depressing!

" And with the first choice in the 2005-2008 baseball draft the Reds select......." What a long fucking season this is gonna be.

Forever in Losing

shameful
(Login shameful)

and

No score for this post
December 20 2003, 10:39 AM 

with the first pick the Cincinnati Reds select..... Pete Harnisch.

Dave
(Login DaveinWV)
Forum Owner

Re: and

No score for this post
December 20 2003, 10:45 AM 

It's just going to get worse and worse. If Bernie thinks he can run this team into the ground the way Mike Brown did with the Bengals he's got another thing coming.

The reds are the oldest team in baseball, they have fans across the country and the atttendance is excellent (especially considering the size of the city) when the team is in the hunt. I read on MBS.com that people in general are more hyped about the Bengals being good than the Reds.....not true. Maybe those that post at MBS get more hyped, but the general population of Cincy cares more about the Reds.

All that needs to happen now is some of the older, less aware fans need to become more familiar with team salary, cheap ownership and so forth.

If you think Mikey boy had it bad, wait until everyone finally realizes who the villian is in this situation, they'll have Bernie's balls on a plate.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

Dave

No score for this post
January 5 2004, 8:01 AM 

Have to disagree with you, I listen to sports talk radio religiously, and I can tell you that this is a football town, it used to be a baseball town but people will talk football out of season and talk show hosts have to push baseball talk during the season, I can't understand why, but that's the way it is

Jizzmopper/False
(Login rudedawg1)

Hmmmm...

No score for this post
January 7 2004, 1:05 PM 

...got to go with Dave here, Storm.

Yes, Cincy is a football town...but I would bet that most of the populace, if given a choice between the Reds and the Bungles--they would choose the Reds.

The Reds have more tradition...and that's what Cincy is all about...traditions.

For example...who is more popular...Barry Larkin or Boomer Esiason??? I'd have to say Larkin...

Ken Griffey, JR. or Ken Anderson??? Griffey by a long shot.

"As for me being up Chris' ass, maybe I am."
-Gretta

MROTS
(Login stormincincy)

Falc

No score for this post
January 7 2004, 9:07 PM 

I see it like I call it!

I know you and Dave are out of town, I don't know how long you guys have been out of town, but Baseball is second to Football around here now!

Dave
(Login DaveinWV)
Forum Owner

Re: Falc

No score for this post
January 8 2004, 12:24 PM 

I listen to sports talk as well, but I still think baseball is more important to Cincy than football. There's more hype right now due to what's been happening to the franchise (Bengals), but as a whole baseball is the heart of the city.

I personally take more interest in the Bengals but I've always been a huge NFL fan anyway. Like I said before, If Bernie screws this team he'll be throttled on a national level, MLB doesn't take too kindly to ruining it's oldest and one of the most tradition filled franchises in baseball.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

I don't think anyone outside Cincinnati will care

No score for this post
January 9 2004, 6:18 PM 

Linder has a very different situation than mike brown, Lindner has a built in excuse that everyone outside of Cincinnati will buy in to "we can't compete with the Steinbrenners of the world"

So Dave, I'm not trying to bust your balls, but what sports talk radio do you listen to? if it's furman, then your info could be skewed a little.

I'm willing to bet if they took a popularity poll in this area, the Bengals would win hands down

Current Topic - Untitled
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement