<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Nuxhall controversy

August 5 2004 at 9:15 PM
No score for this post

Storm  (Login stormincincy)
CarlLindnerSucks.com Approved Member
from IP address 152.163.252.198

I'm kinda torn on this issue myself, an organization should have a right to hire or fire anyone they want, if the Reds were a contender instead of a pretender year after year I think there would only be a small outcry over forcing him out, but the situation is under a microscope due to an abundance of percieved blunders and lies from the front office, from not looking at Aaron Boone when you need 2b, 3b, and SS, to leaving Miley hanging on his contract and undermining his managing abilities by leaving him shorthanded, to not trying to sign Paul Wilson when we all know that if they wait he will probably sign elsewhere next year, to waiting too long to call up Brandon Claussen and sitting the hottest hitter on the bench (Willie Mo)! And lets not forget not making a viable move to make this team better when a month ago this team was 2 games in 1st place!

With all that, this Nuxhall deal is just a microcosm of how this organization does business!

Carl Lindner! Please sell the team!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
shameful
(Login shameful)

Re: The Nuxhall controversy

No score for this post
August 5 2004, 9:48 PM 

I'm done with the reds until there is a new owner.

cmbh
(Login chris-MBHATER)

No score for this post
August 8 2004, 10:35 AM 

From what I gleaned from everything, it seemed to me that they were forcing Nuxhall out because of his age. Yeah, Joe isn't as young as he used to be, but he still calls the game fine and still isn't afraid to tell it like it is, and that's the most important thing.

Joe is a Cincinnati icon. To force him out of the booth against his will when he can still do the gig, is pretty damn low if you ask me. Yes, the Reds have the right to hire whoever they want, but from a PR standpoint, it's about as dumb as you can get, considering all the problems they should be more concerned about fixing.

I don't see how Joe can be considered "a problem." Fix the real problems Bernie, then you can worry about your apparent hate for Joe Nuxhall. When are you going to "retire" Bernie?

LET JOE STAY! When he keels over in the booth during a game, doing what he loved doing best, then you can replace him Bernie.

I'm sure the Red's will start winning as soon as they can get that bad-luck charm, Joe Nuxhall, out of the booth...

Current Topic - The Nuxhall controversy
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement