<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

predictions

March 7 2005 at 1:45 PM
No score for this post
shameful  (Login shameful)
CarlLindnerSucks.com Approved Member
from IP address 209.240.205.62

Since no one else has, I'll start the 1st round of predictions on this site. I'm saying 88-74 and missing the wild card by about 2 games. Falc, Storm, what say you ?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: predictions

No score for this post
March 9 2005, 5:07 PM 

thats about right on for me also. The Reds will be in the hunt until early july. Linder wont spend any money and end up 2nd in the division. GABC will be at almost full capacity all year. Dunn will strike out almost 200 times again. Griffey will only start 80 games due to injury and Ryan Freel will catch a line drive with his teeth on a dare.

murf
(Login murf12)

No score for this post
March 9 2005, 5:36 PM 

I can't even get pumped untill after the all star break.
I will say that having the new guys here will at the least make me watch a few games here and there.
Milton/Ortiz/Randa/Weber and a few others.

I like the Stratton kid.
Hell keep him just for pinch hitting if he keeps jacking homers.

O'Hara concluded by saying "Deion Sanders is the Paris Hilton of the NFL."

TIITR
(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
March 9 2005, 10:47 PM 

Start out strong again and then run out of gas a few weeks before all star weekend. There they unload Casey, Wily Mo, and Milton for unproven minor league talent. None of which will be pitchers .

tiitr

Dave
(Login DaveinWV)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
March 10 2005, 9:13 AM 

I'm going to say Wild card, simply because I don't think the rest of the league is that untouchable.

Milton will probably have to pitch his way out of town, they signed him for around 4 years didn't they? You guys might be right about Casey, he makes too much money for the numbers he puts up and you can't keep all of those guys out of the outfield.

The thing that concerns me though is Kearns's and Griffey's health.

tiitr
(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
March 11 2005, 12:29 AM 

The central is going to suck. Besides the cards who I think will win the division ... and probably by 30 games.... this is the year for the Reds to pull it off. The Cubs lost Sosa and Moises. Kerry Wood just got hurt again today. Theyhave no closer. Dempster got shelled today. No bats..Nomar is old.

Pirates - Suck

Brewers - Suck

Astros - they will be much improved over last years team. Petite will be back....Rocket of course, the killer bees are old. They will be second in the central.

No chance at the WC w/ the Mets, Giants, Dodgers, Braves, Marlins.

tiitr

Dave
(Login DaveinWV)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
March 11 2005, 9:13 AM 

I think this is thier year as well. All signs point to fairly even competition. As long as injuries don't kill them I think it will a pretty fun year. I even bought the MLB package so I can watch most of the games.

I'm finally far enough from Cincy to not get blacked out all of the time.

(Login ErictheRed44)

No score for this post
March 11 2005, 10:43 AM 

Glasd to see this site is still here. I agree, I think the Reds have a real shot this year. If the Cubs were still good I'd think their chances would be worse, but it's not near as bad as it was last year.

Eric the Red

This message has been edited by DaveinWV from IP address 64.45.240.3 on Mar 21, 2005 7:41 AM

shapu
(Login shapu)

No score for this post
March 18 2005, 5:06 PM 

Anyone of you managed to catch any ST games?

carparker
(Login carparker)

No score for this post
March 23 2005, 4:11 PM 

I really want to say the Reds have a shot with the pitching they've massed this year and I have faith in Miley's managing abilities. But the pessimist in me still sees the same pattern with the Reds, jump out to an early division lead, hold it until mid-june. Then the Cards and Astros heat up and blow past us. Instead of trying to trade for someone to compete with them, we drop the charade, dump some good players for crappy outfield prospects or cash and call it a season. Worse yet, the Brewers by the miracle of the baseball gods pass us as well and we're sitting at fourth in a noticeably weaker division. Oh yeah, and Griffey's leg falls off May 17th.

But I'm going to try to stick with my optimistic side this year. 91-71, division title. We face the Mets in the playoffs, lose in 5 games.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
April 2 2005, 9:28 PM 

80-82

My prediction is that we still suck!

-------------------------------------------

Definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

Current Topic - predictions
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement