Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

Respond to this messageReturn to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index
Original Message
  • Re: Welcome Feel Free to tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Church & Boarding Academy
    • Gina Thacker
      Posted Jan 10, 2004 9:05 AM

My name is Gina and I was a student a MPBA from November 2000 - December 2001. I was at my highschool in Knoxville TN and my parents came to take me to what i thought was a new highschool. Well i was right in a since it was a new school alright just not quite what i expected. I had no idea that i was going to a boarding school until i was about two hours away. At first i was relieved to be there but when i actually arrived i was scared to death.
      When i walked through the door of the school there were a few girls there to greet me. They were wearing dresses and conducted their selves very well. My parents were pleased with the place and i have to admit i was too. It was very well kept and clean. After my parents dropped me off i went downstairs and sat in one of the dorms while my parents went to look around and fill out more paperwork. Most of the time the before the parents left they would come back and see their children one more time, but i didn't get to see mine because they didn't know that they could. After they left i was told that i had to take a shower and i was ok with that. Then they made me strip in front of them and i was humiliated but i did it. I had to put some sort of delicing lotion in my hair and all over my body. After that i went to a church service and i really didn't want to listen to a pastor so i closed my eyes and got ridiculed for it. After that i knew i was in trouble. It took me a while to get use to the fact that i was going to be there for a while but i eventually learned to deal with it. While i was there i never saw my other classmates get paddled or swatted but i did see other things that i didn't agree with. When you misbehaved you got you sweets taken away or your belongings. Some girls had to wear ugly dresses and only had hose, one dress, shampoo,a brush, toothbrush with toothpaste, soap, and towels/wash cloth and this was it.
      Some girls i do believe were mistreated. I do remember this one girl who was eleven or twelve received cold showers after misbehaving. This meant that the girl was to sit under cold water while a staff member sat on top of the shower and watched her. I don't belive the girl was nude while this was happening but still that was harsh. Another incident is when a girl refused to go to church for whatever reason was picked up by other fellow classmates and carried to the service and tide to a chair with a belt rapped around her waist and her head tide back so she would watch the preacher. This had to be humiliating for her but what could she do and what could anyone of the other students do? I highly disagreed with that because many of the girls didn't believe the same way as they did but still they were forced to learn their teachings. They never starved us though we always had really good food and we ate three times a day and we recieved plenty of exercise. I do belive parents need to seriously think about what they are doing before they send their child there. There is much more to say about what happened there but i will say that i will never forget the thirteen months that i spent there it is a scar that will never go away and to this day since i left i have not set foot in a church and my father is a pastor!

Sincerely and concerned,

Gina
      P.S. If you have any questions or would like additional information my email is Thacgi03@aol.com
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.