Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

Respond to this messageReturn to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index
Original Message
  • not to be misunderstood
    • Gina Thacker
      Posted Jan 11, 2004 12:40 AM

I do not want anyone to take what i have said and misunderstand it. Many of the girls who went to Mountain Park were girls who were in a lot of trouble and neede some help this included me in it. I have to admit that it did help. Most everyone that came in had discipline problems and MPBA gave strict rules in discipline which i believe were needed. There is so much controversy on whether they are abusive, it is a very touchy subject for many. All i can tell you is of my experience and that I needed something in my life because my parents had no idea what to do with me so they made what they thought was the best decision they could at the time. I resented my parents at the time but now i see that they did the best they could.
      Now of course i didn't want to be there. I couldn't do what i wanted or come and go as i please but no girl at the age of fourteen or fifteen should be left with those kind of decisions and i see that now. I do believe that there are staff members and faculty that really do care and want to help but please remember that the girls that they had to deal with were drug addicts, runaways, and sexualy active at a very young age. Now i am not saying that i agreed with all of their discipline actions but we as rebeling teen needed something that our parents hadn't tried and God knows that my parents tried everything. Some will say that MPBA is jail but it wasn't it kept some out of jail and gave us opportunities to improve.
      No MPBA would not have been my first choice but in the end it helped me mature and see who i truly was before i went there. I know i said that MPBA is a scar which i will alway remember and it is only because it was a point in my life were i needed help that nothing else i had tried helped but MPBA opened my eyes with the truth of who i really was and why i was there. Yes it was hard, very hard because i wasn't use to discipline but in the long run i am glad that i experienced what i did.
      As for other girls being beaten i never saw it. Whether it happened or not i don't know but it is hard to believe that. But as i said before there is so much controversy and this is a very touchy subject because there are so many different opinions.

For more information you may e-mail me at Thacgi03@aol.com

Sincerely and concerned,

Gina Thacker
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.