Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

Respond to this messageReturn to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index
Original Message
  • schools like these are not the answer
    • Kathryn Klement
      Posted Apr 17, 2004 1:59 PM

I was raised in a somewhat strict Lutheran household. My parents were overprotective and involved in every facet of my life. They knew where I was at all times and who I was with. If I had a change of plans, I had a cell phone to call them and inform them of the new plans. I recently began researching schools like Mt. Park; and I was so outraged at the blatant disregard for the kids' human rights that I am now committed to helping end the tyranny of places like Mt. Park and Thanks to Calvary. Schools like these are not the answer, parents! The only thing your child will learn is how to fear. The majority of graduates had trouble adjusting to life outside the compound; many of them dropped out of or did not even attempt to attend college. Many more of them suffer from post-traumatic stress syndrome: nightmares, night terrors, irrational fears. Some of these graduates, however, feel that the strict discipline was needed to turn their lives around. They applaud the methods used to "bring Jesus into their lives." They claim they were "saved." To me, this is even sadder than the kids who are screaming and fighting to be released. These supporters have been desensitized, reprogrammed, and reconditioned into thinking that this abuse is beneficial, even necessary; imagine how they will treat their own children... I offer a better solution to "problem children": better parenting. Please don't tell me that you've tried everything you could, or that your child will not listen to you no matter what you say. These are all excuses for your own failure. You cannot simply dump your child off at some child molester's house and say "Here, you deal with this." You cannot solve your problems by avoiding them or making someone else deal with them. Your children love you, whether you know it or not. And they want you to be involved in their lives, no matter what they tell you; they want you to care about them. Sometimes you need to give them strict discipline; some children need this more than others. And it's ok to discipline your child; it is. If you have sent your child to one of these horrible institutions, get them out. Save them before it's too late. Through Him, there is always salvation, but help your children before they're not your children anymore.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.