Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

Respond to this messageReturn to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index
Original Message
  • Just my opion.
    • Erin Keller (Curts)
      Posted Mar 2, 2005 2:12 PM

I would like to say that I feel mixed about the academy. I went to the school for one year left and was then sent back for a little under two years. A total of a little under three years. My time at this school is definitley unforgetable. I do not feel that all my problems after the school are a total result of the school but I feel i could have suceeded if sent to a school that had a better education program. Before going to the school I was a mess and my parents had run out of options. They had a judge telling them to get her help or he would send me away. As a parent you want what is best for your child and I believe that Mt. Park definitley closed the parents off from thier children and painted the picture for them. i was given the opportunity to read the handbook given to parents and I think the school should have been a little more honest. I had heard that a lawsuit against the school had included my name which may I say though I do not feel I was treated fairly a good amount of time that lawsuit was nothing but lies. The school was harsh and probably should not have treated students the way they did but I can assure you that the students sent there were not angels and if they fell back into trouble then they just went back to what they knew prior to going to the school. I can tell you that I do hate religion but I can tell you this as well. It was a struggle after leaving the school. I hurt my family in the worst of ways, got married to a deadbeat, dropped out of highschool. A couple of other things happened but I will not broadcast my sob story just give you an idea. I just went back to what I knew best. But I have come a long way from being a rebilous child with no hope and blaming everyone around me. I did get a divorce, got right with my family, and am now employed as a federal debt collector. i have come a long ways since leaving the school and just want to let everyone know that though I have had my struggles I have decided for myself that this school was not to blame for my problems, I was. I am in no way grateful to the school or the staff but grateful to have a wake-up call in the worst way. They did not show me strength, they should me I had it already by suffering through the school. They did not show me hope, they should me I had it when I would lay awake hoping for a change of myself and my surroundings. They did not show a high raod for life, they should me that i had to decide for my self if I was going to be helpless and a waste of air or was I going to better myself and make my own way. I do not blame Mt. Park but lets just say I was glad to hear they closed due to the fact I am tired of coming on to sites like this and hearing horor stories of people who can not accept responsiblity for thier own actions. But this is just my opion.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.