Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

Respond to this messageReturn to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index
Original Message
  • So much to say and yet I feel speechless
    • Hilde Lynn
      Posted Jun 5, 2009 1:23 AM

My name is Hilde Lynn. I was at Mountain Park from January 1997 until August 1999. Its been ten years since I left. That is so hard to believe. I can remember certain parts of that experience like it was yesterday.
      I hesitate to say much on this conversation page because people seem to be so divided and defensive based on how they perceived their experience of the school.
      I am not here to fight with anyone. I am not here to victimize myself either. I am here to acknowledge and be acknowledged amongst people who shared such a rare life experience. We are the only ones that speak the same language. "You can stand. You can sit." "Quote your memory" "We thank thee Lord, for this our fooooooood"
      The mark that Mountain Park left on my life is irreversible. Sometimes I feel anger and sometimes I feel deep pride. How can we not feel the stronger for it, even if we were brought to our lowest points? I mean, isn't that the whole point of living, in one way or another?
      Thanks will never be heard escaping my lips when Mt Park is up for discussion but I have learned so much about myself, my humanity, and the humanity of others.
      People hurt me horribly at that place, but I know that I cannot feel too sorry for myself because when I finally conformed, I too, hurt others. I sat back and watched others suffer the humiliating and pain that I had. I did nothing because I did not want to end up right back where they were. It was wrong but there was no way around playing their games. There are people I wish to apologize to. There are things I wish I could take back. Thanks to Myspace and Facebook I have found many people and began to make amends with parts of my past that I once tried so desperately to forget.
      For those of you out there that feel like you were mistreated at Mtn Park, I truly understand your anger and pain. If I were sitting next to your right now, I would hug you really hard and tell you just how much I understand. I just beg you not to let them have control of you anymore. Then they win and you remain a victim to something so evil.
      My life is interesting. I have lived around the world. Met all kinds of people. Climbed a few mountains (figurative and literal) Made tons of mistakes. Lost myself and tripped on myself. I think thats just the point! I am doing well. If you knew me then and want to know me again, just drop me a line. If you went there and ever want to talk to someone about your experience, you are welcome too. I will not judge you.
      hildelynn1@hotmail.com
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.