Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

Respond to this messageReturn to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index
Original Message
  • perspective
    • Natalie
      Posted Jun 13, 2010 2:33 AM

I have to admit that the posts I have read today are for the most part disturbing. I wish I knew more about the context and prspective of the people posting. What I do know is that my sister would likely be dead if not for this intervention and MP. The only time that she and I could have a conversation and be in the same room for more than 15 minutes was during her years there. While she reported that it was tough at MP never did i hear about abuse. I personally opposed to organized religion and my relationship with god is very personal and on my terms.That being said as a mother if my son headed down the path of my younger sibling places like MP would be something I would consider. I would be willing to try the most extreme and drastic measures to save my child from himself. Again that being said there are boundaries that people cannot cross with children. Humiliation is not an effective form of discipline neither is violence. please be clear that I advocate DISCIPLINE which means to teach not PUNISHMENT. I ache for those of you who were wounded and feel that MP poured salt on those wounds but I feel my sibling was not there long enough. Had she stayed til she was 18 maybe her kids would have a better shot at a life than she and I did, maybe she would have the coping skills needed to break the cycle. You live what you know until you learn different.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.