Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

Welcome Feel Free to tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Church & Boarding Academy

May 18 2003 at 10:35 PM

101reasons 

It's o.k. they can't hurt you anymore...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Re: Welcome Feel Free to tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Church & Boarding Academy

January 10 2004, 9:05 AM 

My name is Gina and I was a student a MPBA from November 2000 - December 2001. I was at my highschool in Knoxville TN and my parents came to take me to what i thought was a new highschool. Well i was right in a since it was a new school alright just not quite what i expected. I had no idea that i was going to a boarding school until i was about two hours away. At first i was relieved to be there but when i actually arrived i was scared to death.
When i walked through the door of the school there were a few girls there to greet me. They were wearing dresses and conducted their selves very well. My parents were pleased with the place and i have to admit i was too. It was very well kept and clean. After my parents dropped me off i went downstairs and sat in one of the dorms while my parents went to look around and fill out more paperwork. Most of the time the before the parents left they would come back and see their children one more time, but i didn't get to see mine because they didn't know that they could. After they left i was told that i had to take a shower and i was ok with that. Then they made me strip in front of them and i was humiliated but i did it. I had to put some sort of delicing lotion in my hair and all over my body. After that i went to a church service and i really didn't want to listen to a pastor so i closed my eyes and got ridiculed for it. After that i knew i was in trouble. It took me a while to get use to the fact that i was going to be there for a while but i eventually learned to deal with it. While i was there i never saw my other classmates get paddled or swatted but i did see other things that i didn't agree with. When you misbehaved you got you sweets taken away or your belongings. Some girls had to wear ugly dresses and only had hose, one dress, shampoo,a brush, toothbrush with toothpaste, soap, and towels/wash cloth and this was it.
Some girls i do believe were mistreated. I do remember this one girl who was eleven or twelve received cold showers after misbehaving. This meant that the girl was to sit under cold water while a staff member sat on top of the shower and watched her. I don't belive the girl was nude while this was happening but still that was harsh. Another incident is when a girl refused to go to church for whatever reason was picked up by other fellow classmates and carried to the service and tide to a chair with a belt rapped around her waist and her head tide back so she would watch the preacher. This had to be humiliating for her but what could she do and what could anyone of the other students do? I highly disagreed with that because many of the girls didn't believe the same way as they did but still they were forced to learn their teachings. They never starved us though we always had really good food and we ate three times a day and we recieved plenty of exercise. I do belive parents need to seriously think about what they are doing before they send their child there. There is much more to say about what happened there but i will say that i will never forget the thirteen months that i spent there it is a scar that will never go away and to this day since i left i have not set foot in a church and my father is a pastor!

Sincerely and concerned,

Gina
P.S. If you have any questions or would like additional information my email is Thacgi03@aol.com

Respond to this message   

I went to the school too now im facing charges what do i do?

February 9 2004, 7:10 PM 

hey i went to the school too i hate it i ran away from there and i stole two conoes and im facing charges i would appreciate it if you would write me a statement i know you dont know me and i dont know me but im ready to put an end to mpba\

Respond to this message   
Ray Palmer

whats up tj

July 28 2004, 1:43 AM 

hey Tj do u remmeber me i sall you get beat up alot hey im sorry if i was mean to you at mountain park im glad you ran away from mountain park you have alot balls doing that it effected me to cause when you ran away the state came in and i got to leave mountain park well eny ways if u want to email me my sreen name is hbk8686@aol.com i would like to no what happend when you guys ran away i meen how did john trask get involved

Respond to this message   

mpbcba

December 23 2012, 7:49 PM 

hey man 10 yrs later i c u wrote me i hope this finds u i might try to look ya up. if this does find you write. i got out because i had to put an end to the shit. and we did! bitches so hows life u doin good. my email is lobosgreatretrieve@hotmail.com

Respond to this message   

I got some News for you

April 28 2004, 6:58 PM 

My name is Justin Eisele and i attended the school from 00-01. I was there just shy of a year. I am not going to take the time to go over my entire experience there but i think that you might want to hear some of the things that went on while i was there. One thing is for sure and thats the fact that the School and some of the things that went on there were horrible. Just for starters there was one kid there who had problems with messing his pants. I dont feel that it was his fault because he was new and it took some time to adjust to the food. Now when i say that he messed his pants i am not talking about full on, He just had some pretty bad streaks. YOU are probably wondering where i am going with this but you are going to find this Kinda disturbing. They made him strip down, They filled a bucket full of cleaning chemicals and they put him in a freezing cold shower and scrubed him with a plastic scrub brush on a stick until his entire back and chest were beat red. Now you probably saying thats not to bad well its not over. That night and for three or four nights after that they forced him to use SUPPOSITORY Laxitives. He was made to wake up every hour on the hour and made to use the restroom for at least fifteen minutes. That is just one thing that happened while i was there if you want more let me now and i can keep them coming.

Respond to this message   

Re: I got some News for you

October 16 2009, 5:02 PM 

I remember that kid craping himself and the rest of it. He had to carry logs up the hills a d all kinds of stuff. The things they got away with man. I was there for eight months and a day and spent half of it on restrictions. Fun times.

Respond to this message   
Another Cowardly Bastard

Re: Welcome Feel Free to tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Church & Boarding Academy

August 14 2010, 4:42 PM 

I am on facebook pleaqse add me Tami Mackey

Respond to this message   
Mike Ossovski

Praise God For a Place Like This

February 19 2004, 10:35 PM 

I'm not going to waste time and write a long note, but will say one thing. I was lost and on my way to hell when God brought me to MP. There I accepted Jesus Christ and what He has done to pay for my sin. People at MP helped me grow in Christ and loved me. Now I am serving the King Of Kings and The Lord Of Lords. Praise God! I thank God for MP.
P.S. I pray for all the boys that were there while I was there, and My God answers prayer.
Mike Ossovski Phil. 2:5

(I.P. Address 63.203.249.174
shows to be registered Pastor Jack Trieber)
Good day Mike!
P.S. I accepted Jesus Christ but I am not blind to what is actually happening at Mountain Park.

Evil is not always in plain view to the eyes. But if you view things with your heart you will see the truth that thou has placed before you.

This message has been edited by 101reasons on May 22, 2004 12:10 PM

Respond to this message   
Mike Ossovski

Re: Praise God For a Place Like This

June 1 2004, 10:45 PM 

Don't change the message content, if you want to hear the truth!

Respond to this message   
101 reasons

Message content was not changed

June 2 2004, 11:47 AM 

Your message content was not changed!
The message you posted is still the same words you typed.

I simply added the registered IP address. But thanks for your attempt to cloud the truth Mike? ...

I could have very easily deleted your message. Is that what you would prefer?

I certainly would not, I would like for the world to see your response.

Praise God that a place like this closed.

Respond to this message   
Another Cowardly Bastard

Re: Message content was not changed

November 5 2009, 10:46 PM 

Hi 101 reasons, i was curious if u were the 'owner' or whatnot of this forum? and if so, could you help me?

Respond to this message   

This school saved my daughter!

September 12 2004, 4:55 AM 

I have only praise for this school. Although, I can't say I agree a 100% on everything they did but overall, my husband and me are eternally grateful for what they did to our daughter in two years, what we couldn't do for many years. Our daughter also agrees and she has a written testimony for Papa Wills. It was such a relief to know that there was such a school out there to save my daughter! I feel sorry for the other parents now, where can they send their diliquent kids to get a change of heart? We were very lucky indeed! Then... My daughter was high on drugs, hanging with the wrong crowd, failing grades, bad manners, rebellious, bad relationship with a manipulative boyfriend, throwing tantrums, threatened time and time again to run away. Not to mention disrespectful and always asking for money as though we owned the banks! Now...It's now 4 months since she left that school. Today, she is a wonderful person who has a vision for the future, in college, no more doing drugs, respectful, holds a job, feels bad in asking for any money, has pride to pay for her way but is grateful for parents' help. Also has manners, in no hurry to have a boyfriend. Above all, this is a shocker : she believes in God and Lord Jesus Christ. She even converted us to go to her church. Tell me honestly, where in the US is there such a school system that can impact such a dramatic change of heart in it's students? Certainly not our public school where drugs are freely available, sexual activity is rampant but not mentioned, ... the list is too long to mention here. Also, glad to add that there was another student in the same school from our town and she's also doing great and is also giving good testimony.
Grateful parent, Ann....

Respond to this message   
clanging symbols

management

September 15 2004, 2:17 AM 

Ann, I'm sorry, but you are ignorant to a few things. First, God's sovereignty. He predestined to save your daughter before, well, before before was even an idea if you know what I mean. His omniscience means he is well aware of all options open to our choice, and his grace to work His goodness even through our mistakes. In this case, your possible mistake in parenting (requiring someone else to do a job God granted you the responsibility to do), praise God, not Mtn. Park. He can save people in concentration camps--does this mean we are glad for them.
Secondly, you are ignorant to the methods, not just things that happened here and there. I'm talking about everyday life routines and abuses that exploited youth with scare/beat the hell out of them tactics.
So, please, for the sake of the scores of us who bear in our bodies and hearts (will futrelle, Jason and Micah Holland, Nate Elmer, Matt Larson, Joe yipsulante, Ted, Habermel, Dan D, Ayodele Boson Dawson, Dave Townsend, Tony Colon, Mike Stein, John Dirmingin, Andy, Sam Alexander, Southard, Kevin Young, James Cesco, Mark Gullet, Jim Gerst, Wayland B.,John Kanady, Mike Karuso,Mark Moodie, Clint Evers,Cory Preston, Tim, Taylor Haynes, Matt Achan, Zach Rhyne, Jeremy Sauceda, Brett Wills, Gary Reeves, Gary Anderson, Heath Spencer, Heath Hamm, kid with the F...the world tattoo, Brian Bertrand, Mike Pardos, Logan, and the rest of the brotherhood--I take with me the memories we have in fighting, crying, laughing, and singing--we endured a test, and we are stronger for it. You guys are what helps me move on. If we don't forgive them, it will kill us, and they win! Don't sacrifice our youth, our futures, families, on the altar of the past--I love you guys).
And Ann, please don't make incorrect correlations when you are ignorant of both variables. Thank you, the management.

Respond to this message   

The Boyz

January 8 2005, 2:40 PM 

Seeing the list of all the MP Boyz took me way back, All of these guys were so special and in a way seemed like my brothers, Even though we never talked but we all were connected. All of you are in my heart& I think of everybody so often.
Carey Dillard Bender

Respond to this message   

getting in touch

April 9 2005, 12:57 AM 

I'D have to say that the wosrt scarrs I have have been self inflicted. We learned a lot of Scripture at MP and God uses it a lot to keep me right. I don't always listen thow. And when I don't I always regret it. And when I do Listen I'm always glad I did.
We made some really good friends at MP and you just listed a bunch of my friends from back in the day. That caused a rush of feelings and memories. It's great to see so many names all of a sudden of people I knew well. If you have any info. on how to reach them please e mail me. And if you know all these guys there is a good chance you and I may know eachother. So write
me back management.
Randy Cook

Respond to this message   

do you remimber me

April 1 2010, 6:09 PM 

my name is jason maddox?

Respond to this message   
tj

m park

December 23 2012, 8:06 PM 

long time bro email me! i tried to find you about a thousend times bro u talk to ne body else. life is good man had a rough start but doin good now

Respond to this message   
tj

m park

December 23 2012, 8:06 PM 

long time bro email me! i tried to find you about a thousend times bro u talk to ne body else. life is good man had a rough start but doin good now

Respond to this message   
courtni

jason maddox

November 26 2013, 5:39 PM 

what year did u go to mp?

Respond to this message   

your full of shit

February 22 2005, 1:36 AM 

Hi I don't know who you are but you are full of shit bc your daughter was not saved by mp she was saved by herself bc she would not have let anything happen to herself in the first place I used to say that mp saved my life and I loved it there i wish my parents never took me out, but hosnestly I am lucky to be alive the meds that they were giving has caused me to have epilepsy and i have sezuires on a reg basis so for you to say that is really bold if you were a good mom your daughter would not have been there in the first place get your shit straight.... jessica

Respond to this message   
EM

Re: This school saved my daughter!

July 9 2009, 5:18 PM 

How old is your daughter. She is probably scared of being sent back. I was terrified of the possibility. May the Wills/Gerhardts/O'Brients rot in Hell

Respond to this message   

I dont believe it.

June 17 2013, 8:43 PM 

Im going to guess that your daughter never told you how Sam really treated the girls at Mountain Park. To him we were nothing but a piece of meat for him to stare at. Talking to us like weshould fall at his knees anytime he wanted. I only wish I could say they saved me. They left me hurt and angry. I'm a human and I wasnt treated like one. I couldnt even talk to my parents for 5 minutes a week. I was told I wasnt allowed to talk for about 6 six months. They called it the silence treatment. I was 12 years old!!! They took all but two outfits from me and banned me from sitting in chair for months. Not to mention the injury I received while I was there that they refused me treatment for. I ended going to an orthepedic surgeon and physical therapy later only for the damage to have been done. Not to mention I have muscles problems related to muscular distrophy that they laughed about all the time. So please stop glorifying the people that tortured us for months on end.

Respond to this message   

Re: This school saved my daughter!

April 17 2014, 8:48 PM 

Youre grateful for what it did for your daughter? It's easy for you to say since you weren't the one fucking there! What they did was abuse. I was there for a year and a half from 1994-1995 and I was lucky enough to go on a home visit right before my 18th birthday and never went back. Im glad that you think it was such a great place. Did you read all of these horror stories that people lived thru? Do you not care that your daughter was there while all of this was going on? Youre pathetic! at least my parents feel bad about sending me to that hell hole and would never have done it if they knew what was really going on.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

January 1 2005, 12:19 AM 

Respond to this message   

February 20 2005, 8:16 PM 

yo mike what up dude. i agree that god is great but at mountain park that isnt what it was a ll about they were all full of crap. the day me and ricardo got into that fight upstairs and he cussed out hoffie and schock and then the next day bacame a team leader that was crap bo grhardt knew that he wasnt saved but he did it anyways. ricardo was showing some awesome christian attitude let me tell ya.(Stupid Bastard) well to anyone who cares i hated mountain park but i must say that the worst day there was not as bad as my worst day since i have been home. well see u guys later e-mail me if u would like. thgw386@aol.com

Respond to this message   
brittany brown

March 11 2005, 10:23 PM 

well mike i would like to comment.

enough about what you're doing 4 god. u are so rapped up in what "you're doing that u fail to realize that just like it wasn't easy for u to except God. your parents had to bring u into a boarding school right. you're not in mountain park any more u can't force anybody to believe in christ. u are now in the real world they don't have to listen to u. they can actually curse u out, spit on u, whip your ass, i mean do u see my point now.there is so much negativity in this world that it's really kinda hard to stay away. have u thought about that mike. every one around us are not christians so most people don't have that influence on them. whentalk to them how you're talking "preaching" on this website. if u came at me and i knew nothing about christ i would probably curse your bitch ass out. but hey that's me. open your eyes mike its alot of people maybe even the vast majority.i'll leave u with that .

dear mike please respond.

Respond to this message   

August 29 2008, 5:36 PM 

Hey Brittany I remember u I was in MP in 2001-2002 i think we used to clean outside togheter how r u doing what u r up now r u still living in new orlands

Respond to this message   

im surprized you gize talkin bout mtn.park.

July 18 2007, 1:11 AM 

hey i remember going to mtn.park.i was there i think 1992 to 1995.a long time ago.i remember brother wills and brother sam and all.e mail me back.id like to hear your experiance.my e mail address is cescokid14@yahoo.com

Respond to this message   
jim gerst

when does the kicking start

December 17 2009, 10:12 AM 

I bealive you were around for "the song".

Respond to this message   

What up Jim!!!

February 24 2010, 2:35 PM 

Hey What up Jim,

I don`t know if you remember me, David Fischbach, i was there at MP from July 9, 1994 - December 21 1995. ok if you dont remember which one i was, maybe this will help. When brother Sam (may he burn in hell) invented the ``school crew`` he made me the first crew leader of the newly formed crew and I stayed school crew leader for the duration of my stay there. i sure remember you! We hung out a lot and you made me laugh more than anyone else. What song are you talking about, the ``we love you mama...`` song that they forced us to sing? OK If you cant remember who I am still how about this... I was the kid who got caught huffing gas by my crew leader, that kid from georgia, his last name was Bird I think, and got put back on orientation. Well, can you believe that anthony rutherford ended up murdering that kid from Florida? That was only 3 months after i left. Hey I remmember you were a cool guy and I would really like to get in contact with you. You can email me at (my laptop fs up sometimes and I can`t get it to display the "at" symbol, so I will put an asterix in my email address to represent the "at" symbol. OK its dfischbach*live.ca

Hope to hear from you

David Fischbach

Respond to this message   

Re: What up Jim!!!

May 21 2013, 1:59 PM 

Jim, David, Jason! I miss you guys! Hit me up on facebook, or my blog, or my email...

MP...march of 95 to May of 96

Respond to this message   

WHATS UP JIM

April 21 2010, 9:44 PM 

Hey man how are you ,David Fischbach i remember him too , how you guys re doing well email me if you want to chat. dustysailor56@yahoo.com

Respond to this message   

March 1 2014, 11:35 PM 

i went to school there when the wills moved the school there from miss. in 87 88 89 is the years i attened the school

Respond to this message   

March 1 2014, 11:36 PM 

i went to school there when the wills moved the school there from miss. in 87 88 89 is the years i attened the school

Respond to this message   
Melanie Pedrick

March 14 2004, 4:44 PM 

I am concerned about your comments about Mountain Park Academy. I was researching several boarding schools for my 15 year old daughter and had considered MP. Please call me at your earliest if possible.

(415) 722-2222. I can always call you back to avoid you from paying the phone charges.

Thanking you in advance, Melanie

Respond to this message   
anonymous

I can't beleive you . . . .

March 22 2004, 6:00 AM 

Melanie . . . I hope you read this because I'm absolutely devastated right now, you've already sent Courtney away and you lied and lied and bullshitted the police and other families. You're an awful person and so is Rob. You people are judgemental sick snobs and I know all three of your kids have lived difficult lives with you. I hope you know you're not going to hear the end of this and you're in for some crazy shit.

Respond to this message   
nobody

don't send anyone there

March 22 2004, 6:38 AM 

you should not send anyone there. it will be hell and torment. people are beaten and tortured there. the wills are crazy and demented. MP is a sick place and should be shut down. all of the feedback about this place is negative. don't ever send anyone there especially a 15 year old girl

Respond to this message   

schools like these are not the answer

April 17 2004, 1:59 PM 

I was raised in a somewhat strict Lutheran household. My parents were overprotective and involved in every facet of my life. They knew where I was at all times and who I was with. If I had a change of plans, I had a cell phone to call them and inform them of the new plans. I recently began researching schools like Mt. Park; and I was so outraged at the blatant disregard for the kids' human rights that I am now committed to helping end the tyranny of places like Mt. Park and Thanks to Calvary. Schools like these are not the answer, parents! The only thing your child will learn is how to fear. The majority of graduates had trouble adjusting to life outside the compound; many of them dropped out of or did not even attempt to attend college. Many more of them suffer from post-traumatic stress syndrome: nightmares, night terrors, irrational fears. Some of these graduates, however, feel that the strict discipline was needed to turn their lives around. They applaud the methods used to "bring Jesus into their lives." They claim they were "saved." To me, this is even sadder than the kids who are screaming and fighting to be released. These supporters have been desensitized, reprogrammed, and reconditioned into thinking that this abuse is beneficial, even necessary; imagine how they will treat their own children... I offer a better solution to "problem children": better parenting. Please don't tell me that you've tried everything you could, or that your child will not listen to you no matter what you say. These are all excuses for your own failure. You cannot simply dump your child off at some child molester's house and say "Here, you deal with this." You cannot solve your problems by avoiding them or making someone else deal with them. Your children love you, whether you know it or not. And they want you to be involved in their lives, no matter what they tell you; they want you to care about them. Sometimes you need to give them strict discipline; some children need this more than others. And it's ok to discipline your child; it is. If you have sent your child to one of these horrible institutions, get them out. Save them before it's too late. Through Him, there is always salvation, but help your children before they're not your children anymore.

Respond to this message   
sarah gibbs

why does it matter now?????

March 2 2005, 2:42 AM 

Mp closed almost a year ago so why would it matter if you are considering MP???? They are CLOSED!!

Respond to this message   

this is sick

March 17 2004, 9:44 PM 

MP sounds like a sick and disturbing place. I've read many stories about it and it sounds like a living hell. If your thinking about sending your child here please please please re-think this decition. There must be a better way to get your child back on the right path in life besides sending them to an isolated place where they take away all their freedom. When I read the first story about MP it made me so upset and frustrated. I know that if I was there i would just go crazy. MP just sounds sick, if theres anyway we can help girls there let me know. thanks.

Respond to this message   
Rob

sick?

April 12 2004, 8:26 PM 

Who are you, saying that I am sick? Shame shame shame...too afraid to show your identity

Respond to this message   

March 18 2004, 8:36 PM 

My parents sent me to Mt. Park 12 years ago. I stayed for 3 years. I think those 3 years were worse and more tramatizing then any of the other horrible things I endured. I still have nightmares and will never forgive Mr. & Mrs. Wills for there hateful, and terrible acts.

Respond to this message   

what kind of acts?

March 19 2004, 3:21 AM 

what were Mr. and Mrs. Will's acts like? what was the worst thing they did?

Respond to this message   

sick shit

March 22 2004, 6:34 AM 

the Wills do really sick shit. they beat kids brainwash them and torment them. they think they are helping them and are serving God's will, but they are twisted. they own multiple homes and vehicles. many people report their expieriances and none of them are good. they are tortured and no one should ever have to go there. this whole program is SICK!

Respond to this message   
Mr. White

Re: what kind of acts?

September 15 2004, 2:44 AM 

sick. Don't hate me for this, but I was walking with Bro. Sam when he was literally dehumanizing one of the boys who was involved in the murder in front of aabout 12 girls. Thinking about the look on that young boys face, defenseless there, brings me to tears, as Bro. Sam continued on mocking him. Talk about breeding the hate to kill--like full metal jacket. You tell me who really did the murdering.
Oh, what about taking that same boy out to the field to run laps. Bro. Sam stations us in two's around the field to "help" him whenever he got tired. And we all beat him pretty good that day.
What about separation treatments--look at some research on what isolation does. To me, I think that was some of the most long term detrimental punishment to our livelihood.
What about me you ask. I got my nose broke the second day I was there and when I wrote home to tell my mom I needed to see a doctor becasue of breathing difficulties, my letter was sent back to me and they wouldn't send it until I modified it with no inclusion of the incident. After being a victim, you begin to do what they do and start fighting--that's Mtn. Park--breeding hate. That's kind of wrong I think. What about you Bob?

Respond to this message   

Mr. White

January 12 2005, 5:23 AM 

I was there when the boy was killed. What is your name?

Respond to this message   
Rob

killed

September 12 2007, 12:56 PM 

I was there when Will was killed. I saw his body.

Respond to this message   

THIS PLACE IS THE WORST!!!

April 9 2004, 8:23 PM 

Hi Teri...I remember you. I was there in 95' and I remember your twin sister as well. Things were horrible there. The way they take everything away from you, including your self. Let me tell you parents that if you're ever thinking about sending your child there in would be the worst mistake you ever made. Not only do they take all your material positions away but they take your self worth away as well. You're not allowed to feel any emotions as in happiness or sadness, and God help you if you cry...you'll get in big trouble or be called a baby and have to carry around a baby stool around all day. They humiliate you in every way possible. If oyu eat too much they call you a fat pig, and the bathrooms stalls have no doors on them so you have to do your business why someone sits right in front watching and preaching the Bible to yu at the same time. Their are so many more bad matter how hard I try to. I'm just telling you please don't send your children there. Find another way, any other way, for I wouldn't wish Mountain Park on my worst enemy.
Teri Hart...email me at happybug1025@hotmail so we can chat some more. Hope to hear from you soon.

Respond to this message   
Deanna

Ignorance is not the answer!

December 17 2004, 7:01 PM 

If ya'll thought Mountain Park was soooooo bad, try going to jail. The food is nasty, no variety of clothing, no smell goods (for the girls), sleeping in a cell and not on clean sheets, and no idenity just a number. Try that. Swats? Try getting almost beat to death by another inmate. Ignorance is not the answer.

Respond to this message   

what

January 1 2005, 4:38 PM 

Deanna,
I have a hard time believing you almost got beat to death in jail, maybe prison, when I went to jail everyone helped each other out. The girls I met in there were nice people. Alot of them would watch the preaching on TV alot. People in jail were alot nicer and friendlier than anyone at MP because at MP we were oppressed spiritually and mentally- at least in jail people could be themselves instead of being forced to fit inside some spiritual mold or profile of what "good" was. The only good thing MP did was having us read the Bible and focusing so much on it.

Respond to this message   
Ashley

Re: Ignorance is not the answer!

January 17 2005, 12:04 AM 

Ive been to jail- and its alot better than Mt. Park

Respond to this message   
Amanda Zimmer

Deanna.....I wish you could see YOUR ignorance!

February 1 2005, 2:40 AM 

Deanna-

I almost find it completely hard to believe that some of you....who support those $$MONEY$$ hungry, CHILD ABUSING, BABY STEALING FREAKS, went to the SAME MOUNTAIN PARK that the REST of US went to............Honestly, I feel sorry for you.

You know....these people claimed to be backrupt right before a judge was about to award a settlement to the mother of Will Futrelle, the boy murdered at MP...who went to my high school in Boca....and within, six or so months of claiming they had NO MONEY.......they came down to Florida and spent something like $$$1.4 MILLION DOLLARS on THREE HOMES.....overpaying for all three by a total of $$400,000!!!!!!!! All of this is legal record....you can look it up for yourself!

I will pray for you. I will pray God opens your eyes, and softens your heart to the TRUTH!

Is not completely OBVIOUS why these people claimed to be RELIGIOUS?!?!?!?!? They made something like a few or more $$$$MILLION$$$$ dollars a year........TAX FUCK*NG FREE!!!!!

OH MY............OH MY, INDEED!!!! I pray that all of you who feel these people were anything less than CHILD ABUSERS..... OPEN YOUR HEARTS....and your MINDS................

Truth hurts
Amanda

Respond to this message   
nikki

fuk u

May 6 2009, 11:36 PM 

id rather go y
2 jail u moher fuker

Respond to this message   

Still brainwashed or something?

February 24 2010, 2:58 PM 

I have tried jail. I`ve served a year long stretch once. What the hell does jail have to do with Mountain Park? Pointing out that bad things go on at one place does not excuse the other in any way. While there I was swatted plenty, one time bro Sam ripped his belt right offf his waist and beat me with it he was so mad. I was a KID, scared, being brainwashed, isolated, and most sick of all us kids were basically used by the staff to give beatings and disciplinary "activities" to the kids the staff wanted dealt with. If anything you are ignorant. Stop kidding yourself. The way I remember jail was working out hanging with homies, I never had to eat the crappy jail food, cuz with money I was ordering commissary and eating damn good. Sure I had to step and knuckle up when required, but I had more choices, no brainwashing, nobody telling me I was evil. Jail is way harder than the outside world, sure, but so was mountain park. I definately carry a much deeper scar from my time at MP than from jail. And I sure as hell had alot more laughs in Jail.
And I could be myself.

Respond to this message   

THE SONG

April 1 2010, 5:21 PM 

HELLO I WAS THERE IN 94-95 WE HAD THE SONG TO DEAL WITH THE PROBLEMS ...DO YOU REMEMBER?

Respond to this message   

The Song

June 8 2010, 12:51 AM 

Hey, I was there when Will got killed and remember Tony and Joe very well I think the other kid was named John, he was picked on a lot, but I don't remember a "song". What are you talking about? What happened to close the place down? I absolutely hated it there. Anyway I am Jeb Lessley the pimple faced kid from Alabama.

Respond to this message   

The only thing that stayed the same at MP was everything always changed

April 12 2005, 1:19 AM 

Mp was always changing the rules of what the did so they could do whatever they wanted to us. They called it discernment. I say it was bullying. I cried every day for the first two months I was there but was never given a baby stool. I was corrected about nearly everything about my body but spiritually they would always tell me I was not a good enough Christian to be an orientation guide or they didn't think I was saved. Mp just did whatever they felt like doing to the kids. They thought God was leading them to be cruel to kids for the kids' sakes to make the kids strong. They were trying to give us information to deal with life but they were very mislead. It's my 22nd birthday. Gotta go.

Respond to this message   

First time looking back

June 4 2009, 5:50 PM 

I was wondering if you remember me?
I went there from 94-95 was wondering if anyone had any info on
a yearbook. I never had anyones info and would like to talk
to someone that went there around that time.

Respond to this message   
Johnny Anderson

Big Deal!

April 14 2005, 9:48 AM 

If u was sent to this Christian Reform School there was a reason! Get over it, and grow up! Well, parents could deal with their kids, or teens "if the Government would empower them!" They can't even spank their kids without the fear of leaving a mark!!! By the way! Here is a news flash.. A real spanking "hurts!" :)

Respond to this message   

Re: Big Deal!

April 14 2005, 3:09 PM 

Don't you get it Johnny? We are over it- we just don't want that quality of life (or death) inflicted on anyone else.

Respond to this message   

Healing the wounds

August 27 2007, 6:34 PM 

Hi all,
My name is Loretta and I wasn't at MPBA. I was at the Rebekah home in Corpus Christi, TX back in 1985-1986, well actually about midway through they moved us to Belton, MO in the middle of the night because the state intended to come in and take us out of the abuse. I am just logging in here to invite you to join a group for survivors of the roloff homes. These homes have been abusing people since the 60's. If you are looking for a place to come and find understanding, the group is on yahoo groups and is called Roloff Survivors Healing Network. If you would like a personal invite you can write me an email, and I will send you the invitation. This is not a group for Roloff supporters, because denial is not condusive to healing. You are welcome to come for healing, free of judgement. We will believe and support you.

Sincerely,
Loretta (Lorri)

Respond to this message   

please help

May 6 2009, 11:45 PM 

please email me is been 20 yrs im still having nitemares ivenever had councelling i need help please help me

Respond to this message   

Help can be found

June 5 2009, 1:34 AM 

Hi Nikki,
I had nightmares for nine years more or less. I still have some but they have lessened through the years. I was diagnosed with post traumatic syndrome last year by a doctor after recounting my situation, what happened to me after wards, and much of the self destructive behavior that I exhibited after it all. I have learned to deal with much of it. If you ever want to talk just send me an email or respond to this message. There are many great people out there that have been through exactly what you have been through and will understand. Sometimes, for me, its just knowing that someone else cares and listens without judgment to your feelings.
If you do not feel comfortable talking to me about it, I really recommend you talk to someone that went to the school with you or someone that went before. It really helps to talk to former students.
Goodluck and take care
You arent there and they CAN NEVER HURT YOU AGAIN

Respond to this message   
Sherri

Calling your bluff. Is it just for attention?

October 3 2007, 11:31 PM 

I was a student at mountain park from 1994 to 1997. I was there when Anthony killed Will. That was horrible but by no means the fault of the school; kids get killed in schools everywhere unfortunately. Will's mother actually thanked Mountain Park for the change she saw in her son prior to his death. I know Mountain park changed my life for the better and many other peoples too. You may not always agree with their methods, but I never saw a child abused. We were told we were loved, not only by the staff but by an Almighty God. The Bible says Christians will be persecuted for their faith and that is what is happening here to Brother and Mrs. Wills. Many of the kids that were there when I was there were court ordered or would have otherwise been on the street. Mountain Park gave us another chance to redeem our lives. We were the kids no one wanted to touch, too far gone to be helped. I had been even kicked out of the PA state foster care system after being kicked out of countless foster homes and not cooperating with group home type places. My Mother was told she had 2 weeks to find an approved place for me to go or I would be behind bars. I wasn't in school, involved in thefts, etc. At Mountain park I not only caught up to my grade level but I surpassed it and graduated early when I returned home. I love Mama and Papa Wills and Brother Sam and Miss Debbie, Miss Amy, Miss Michele and Miss Kim. Btw, We called them Mama and Papa becasue we were treated like family, not because as someone has once said "we were forced to". I wish this school still existed, some of my best friendships were formed here and I still keep in touch with "my girls". They are also thankful for the role Mt. Park played in their lives. Please be honest about where you were, what you were like when you ended up at Mountain Park and the fact the some peoples hearts are too hard for a helping hand to melt, some people insist on biting the hand that feed them. If this is you, that's fine, but you dont need to lie about good people.

Respond to this message   

Denial

January 26 2008, 2:16 AM 

Whoever wrote the last post is in denial. What MP did you go to because it wasn't were the rest of us were. We were not treated like family! We were not loved! Face the reality of what was.

Respond to this message   

thieves

January 30 2008, 3:38 AM 

They stole our lives and our money. Hell most of us were kids. Believe me they got cussedout many times by me. They are living for themselves no one else and the mighty dollar. Im glad they finally got shut down and left.

Respond to this message   

my story

February 9 2010, 7:43 AM 

Its me Sadie i hope everybody remembers me!I went to Mountain Park from 1993-1996.I was there when there was only 90 girls and when Will died i stood outside the court house giving my testimony and asking not to close the school.My father showed up later that day and took me home after 3 years.I was a 13 girl who had no where to go and needed HELP.I became a christian there,i learned how to be a lady,and i learned to love God,and i learned to love my family again.It planted a seed in me that has made me who i am today.I have made my mistakes in life,but God is still with me.I loved Mrs.Wills she always talked to me when i had troubles.They lived for God and they tried to do their best to help others.I believe that no one is perfect and i have no place to judge anyone.I feel bad for the things i have read about the girls who feel so differently than i do.I have good memories up until Will died that was hard for me.After i came home my dad shot himself in the head six months after i came home and i lost all my friends from mountain park my struggels did not stop.But im 30 now going to school to be an estatician i also have 2 son's and i'm a strong women and i just started going to church again after 10 years if you have any questions or want to say hi email me at sadiealderson@yahoo.com

Respond to this message   

my story

February 9 2010, 7:46 AM 

Its me Sadie i hope everybody remembers me!I went to Mountain Park from 1993-1996.I was there when there was only 90 girls and when Will died i stood outside the court house giving my testimony and asking not to close the school.My father showed up later that day and took me home after 3 years.I was a 13 girl who had no where to go and needed HELP.I became a christian there,i learned how to be a lady,and i learned to love God,and i learned to love my family again.It planted a seed in me that has made me who i am today.I have made my mistakes in life,but God is still with me.I loved Mrs.Wills she always talked to me when i had troubles.They lived for God and they tried to do their best to help others.I believe that no one is perfect and i have no place to judge anyone.I feel bad for the things i have read about the girls who feel so differently than i do.I have good memories up until Will died that was hard for me.After i came home my dad shot himself in the head six months after i came home and i lost all my friends from mountain park my struggels did not stop.But im 30 now going to school to be an estatician i also have 2 son's and i'm a strong women and i just started going to church again after 10 years if you have any questions or want to say hi email me at sadiealderson@yahoo.com

Respond to this message   

Something that scares me

June 5 2009, 2:06 AM 

I have spent so much time reflecting over the Gerhardts and Wills. This by no means is a justification for their behavior, but I believe that THEY BELIEVE that they did no wrong. I do not think they could have continued this kind of abuse for as long as they did.
This is where my distaste for Christianity comes into play. They twisted and used Christianity for something so irreversibly painful and destructive. I question, what came first, the chicken or the egg? Which was the more evil perpetrator? The religion or the it's interpretors?
Who can be blamed for this? Fundamental Christianity is poison on this earth. Its closed minded. Its old fashioned. It demands ignorant blind faith. It is a regression in the progress of humanity.
The Wills and the Gerhardts did make an outrageous amount of money off of their ministry, so maybe it was the greed and not the religion...but if it wasn't the religion, then I would say they were all damn good actors. I speculate that it was the combination of hilly-billy inbreeding and a faulty religion that resulted in such a horrible institution.
I just slandered JESUS, the Gerhardts, and the Wills in under 200 words and I feel pretty good, so I am going to stop there for now.
Thoughts?

Respond to this message   

over 6 years in and 10 years later

February 11 2010, 3:23 PM 

Ok so many of you guys might know me, know about me, or not know me at all. I haven't jumped on this band wagon for a while just because....

I was sent there when I was about 10 years old and about to turn 11. My parents really didn't have time to raise me the right way because they worked a lot to give me and my brother things that we didn't have. I kind of became out of control for them at age 10. I didn't do anything like rob stores or anything that some people got sent there for. I just didn't listen to my parents like most normal kids. I was there for just over 6 years and was one of the more "trusted" girls. I have to say I had fun while I was there. There some things that I questioned about stuffed that happened, but I was a kid and that was all that I knew.

I have to say that my experience there for better or for worse has molded me into the person I am today. I loved living with the girls. I guess growing up with girls that were older than me definitely made me mature a little faster than most other people. When I was 18 and left MP, I looked at myself and those peers around me and found that I saw life in a different light. I was behind on the music, movies, and trends. I didn't cuss and was difinitely not in the in crowd. I didn't know much about sex. I thought sleeping in the same bed with a guy was wrong. But there was one thing that MP equipped me with. That was responsibility and maturity. I am not saying that the staff there did it. It was probably I got to live with some of the best friends that I still talk to once in a while.

There are things that I definitely appreciate MP for and there are things I am angry at MP for. If it wasn't for MP, I wouldn't have the upbringing that I did have. My parents were always too busy to really care. I mean I know they cared but they were too busy working all the time. I am not sure where I would be right now and how I would have turned out if there wasn't someone there that took the time to raise me and make sure that I learned. I appreciate even the religious side of it. MP made me challenge ways of belief. I don't believe right now the way that MP had wanted us to believe, but I believe in a God and I was able to find for myself what I believe in and not just what I was told to believe. I learned to search and not just say I believe because someone else told me this is right and this is wrong. However, I am angry about the shelter life they gave me. I wish I was able to know more about the world and not just told that the world was bad. My parents and I's relationship has fallen apart too. One because I barely ever got to talk to them except once a week and most of the time they failed to call me even that much. I only got to see them once a year even though I was given the opportunity to see them twice. I am angry at MP at this point because I see them as a direct contribution to my parents and I's relationship falling apart. My parents and I haven't talked to each other in almost 10 years and I haven't seen them in almost 10 years. After all, they gave me up at 10 years of age and decided to let someone else raise me. I joined the military almost right after MP because I had always wanted to join the military. MP gave me the dicispline that I needed though to obey those in authority and get me through the training including airborne school.

I want to also take the time to apologize. I was a junior staff without the title. I was trusted. I was asked to do a lot of things that now as I look back I know were pretty questionable. The first year I was there I was spanked with a board a few times. As I grew up, I held people down for cold showers and made to drag someone around a field. I thought those where discipline measure that were by the "bible". I feel bad and think about it quite often. There are to this day I feel bad about participating in those events because I thought those things were right. I grew up there and just like people don't really question their paretns; I never questioned my actions.

10 years later... I have graduated with a Bachelor's Degree from a great University and am shooting for my masters as a Physician Assistant. I am out of the military now and am gay. However, I do have a few of the same beliefs that MP taught me like there is a God. However, I describe myself as a well balance part of society. I am not a religous person, but I believe that I do have someone to answer to for my actions. I am gay and love being gay. I work a pretty good job in a car dealership.

10 years later... it has taken me this long to actually physically get on one of these sites to tell a short story about what was my experience at MP and PL. To this day, my girlfriend, best friend/roommate, and those working with me don't know about MP. The only ties I still have is those great girls that I went to MP with that still email me through facebook and myspace.

A lot of you guys see MP in one way or the other. You either really hate MP or you really like MP. I think one way or the other MP had a way to shape our lives. I am not sure if I should hate MP all the way or like MP all the way. However, I have learned that everything that happens shape who we are today. Whether we like who we are or we don't like who we are, we all have a goal and we all are as the old saying goes "trying to get to the center of town." No matter how we get there;it just matters that we do. There are things that I am pissed off about growing up there, but I have learned to take it and move on. I can't change anything in the past. Again, I am just trying to get to the center of town.

Respond to this message   

perspective

June 13 2010, 2:33 AM 

I have to admit that the posts I have read today are for the most part disturbing. I wish I knew more about the context and prspective of the people posting. What I do know is that my sister would likely be dead if not for this intervention and MP. The only time that she and I could have a conversation and be in the same room for more than 15 minutes was during her years there. While she reported that it was tough at MP never did i hear about abuse. I personally opposed to organized religion and my relationship with god is very personal and on my terms.That being said as a mother if my son headed down the path of my younger sibling places like MP would be something I would consider. I would be willing to try the most extreme and drastic measures to save my child from himself. Again that being said there are boundaries that people cannot cross with children. Humiliation is not an effective form of discipline neither is violence. please be clear that I advocate DISCIPLINE which means to teach not PUNISHMENT. I ache for those of you who were wounded and feel that MP poured salt on those wounds but I feel my sibling was not there long enough. Had she stayed til she was 18 maybe her kids would have a better shot at a life than she and I did, maybe she would have the coping skills needed to break the cycle. You live what you know until you learn different.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Welcome Feel Free to tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Church & Boarding Academy
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.