Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

not to be misunderstood

January 11 2004 at 12:40 AM
Gina Thacker 

I do not want anyone to take what i have said and misunderstand it. Many of the girls who went to Mountain Park were girls who were in a lot of trouble and neede some help this included me in it. I have to admit that it did help. Most everyone that came in had discipline problems and MPBA gave strict rules in discipline which i believe were needed. There is so much controversy on whether they are abusive, it is a very touchy subject for many. All i can tell you is of my experience and that I needed something in my life because my parents had no idea what to do with me so they made what they thought was the best decision they could at the time. I resented my parents at the time but now i see that they did the best they could.
Now of course i didn't want to be there. I couldn't do what i wanted or come and go as i please but no girl at the age of fourteen or fifteen should be left with those kind of decisions and i see that now. I do believe that there are staff members and faculty that really do care and want to help but please remember that the girls that they had to deal with were drug addicts, runaways, and sexualy active at a very young age. Now i am not saying that i agreed with all of their discipline actions but we as rebeling teen needed something that our parents hadn't tried and God knows that my parents tried everything. Some will say that MPBA is jail but it wasn't it kept some out of jail and gave us opportunities to improve.
No MPBA would not have been my first choice but in the end it helped me mature and see who i truly was before i went there. I know i said that MPBA is a scar which i will alway remember and it is only because it was a point in my life were i needed help that nothing else i had tried helped but MPBA opened my eyes with the truth of who i really was and why i was there. Yes it was hard, very hard because i wasn't use to discipline but in the long run i am glad that i experienced what i did.
As for other girls being beaten i never saw it. Whether it happened or not i don't know but it is hard to believe that. But as i said before there is so much controversy and this is a very touchy subject because there are so many different opinions.

For more information you may e-mail me at Thacgi03@aol.com

Sincerely and concerned,

Gina Thacker

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Amin Abdullah

Discipline Okay, I'll try to explain.?

March 25 2004, 2:07 AM 

Greetings! I haven't herd of this place but I do know what you're talking about as I experienced what you described but I can't rate my experience. I won't discourage you from thinking what you like and feeling what you want as what you think and feel is of course right for you but not for me as we're all different and have different ways of looking at things. However, I recommend you go to my 3 websites to give you an insite into how I look at this experience. If you're interested then Email me at kamalmahasan@msn.com and I'll give the urls.

From what I've read on this forum, this bording place seems like a place untrue to the light and is infact anti Christianas it uses force/retribution to install so-called discipline into everyone there. Now, I don't believe in discipline/punishment, I believe in Karma which in my opinion is a much better way of dealing with those untrue to the light. Punishment will only make the suffering vengeful and the punishers will themselves be punished as they believe in punishment. Punishers will be punished under the 1 law what ever you do will be done unto you and as you soe, so shall you reap. That is what Karma is but it's not the Karma that's punishing people, it's the reapers who also believe in punishment that punish but Karma is the force that acts like a boomerang. Karma is the medison used to cure a spirit of its sickness as the sickness is the dark energy that was drawn in because the spirit was ignorant and untrue to the light.

I hope this has been of help to you but as I say, I'm not trying to change you, I'm just giving you a way of seeing this in a different light. Blessings to you and my universal love to you!!!

Respond to this message   
hmmmmmm

Gina: Who had you write that follow-up?

July 31 2004, 6:52 AM 

Yo Gina.

You said that you were scarred by Mountain Park and hadn't stepped foot inside of a church since leaving there - even though your dad is a minister.

What gives with your attitude in trying to convince readers that Mountain Park helped you? Who coaxed you into doing such a thing? (I do believe it is fairly evident that you were trying to cover your hiney by back peddaling on what you had already bitched about.)

Thank you for letting the world know that you were so scarred at Mountain Park that you would not step foot inside of a church even though your dad is a pastor. That should tell every person who reads this the kind of lasting impact that Mountain Park has on kids.

Really pathetic that a place who claimed to lead kids to God was really turning them away from Him, isn't it?

I'm glad they shut their doors. I just wonder where they will rear their hypocritical heads next.

They can run, but they can't hide.

Later Gina.

Respond to this message   
doesn't matter

very funny

December 7 2005, 3:38 AM 

You had gotten there a little while before i was leaving and you weere too quiet and didn't really have all the friends in the world there till later, but you still hung with a quiet group so of course you didn't see any beating, though I don't know how you could've missed it it was everywhere and I totally think you're lying through your teeth anyway. Yeah we all needed something, not that and all you people who believe that place was good and support it...well lets just say it's not me you would answer too, it's God.

Respond to this message   
Christine canchola

I remember you

September 17 2014, 1:03 AM 

I was there with you to you were so nice to me.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.