Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

i was at mt park in 2003

May 23 2004 at 5:10 PM
Megan 

mt park was the worst expierence i've ever had....they brain wash u and try take your individuality away

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
carissa

hi

June 21 2004, 4:33 PM 

i was at palm lane the same time u were at mp i totally agree im me some time at my aim\
goddess0fvalrico

Respond to this message   
Bridget Eby

What's really the truth?

September 22 2004, 4:09 PM 

I was at Mtn. Park for 2 yrs and 1 month. All this stuff about them hitting us and brainwashing us isn't true. I was here when a lot of these people that are now saying bad stuff about it were here. They stood up and always gave testimonies on how they appreciated Mtn. Park. Everyones so quick to judge Mtn. Park but why dont people just stop and take a look at themselves. I've even talked to a bunch of people that have been saying how bad it was,even they admit it wasn't like they said. Everyone's reading stupid made up stuff and is adding to it. They sacrificed their time for us and helped us. Because of them being their I got saved and now my life is diff.I hope all of you that are saying such stuff just grow up and get over it. Mtn Park didn't treat you bad you just didn't like it that you couldn't do drugs,or drink,or mess around with boys os wear slutty clothes. One day yall will regret what you've said.

Respond to this message   
Karen Manotas

Re: What's really the truth?

October 2 2004, 5:42 PM 

Hey!! well i never wouldve imagined that Mountain Park would close.. I just called Miss Julie to say hi and see how things were doing and she told me..but Mountain Park NEVER beat me or neone else that i know of. I went there for 1 year in 2003-2004. Today, thank God, i am a new person in Christ . I am graduating this year and i go to a Baptist school by my house. I am getting a scholarship for 75% of my college tuition and all of this is because of my experience at Mt.Pk. Christ totally changed my life and i am so happy for that. I miss the girls alot and i dont know if ill ever talk to you guys again but know that im prayin for you! my email is KArensita2005@aol.com

Respond to this message   
Melissa

I was at MP for 2 years

November 10 2004, 7:25 PM 

I went to MP for 2 long years and although I was never really physically beaten, I know others were. I also know that they manipulate young ppls minds and humilate you and COMPLETELY CONTROL your thoughts in any and every way they can. The people that run schools like MP, PL, Bathesda, bethel boys academy and others are a sick group of people that get their kicks out of controlling young peoples thoughts and convincing them they are eveil. I belived in GOD and had a stronger walk with him before I went to MP, however they have seriously turned me away from trusting any SO CALLED CHURCH family... they have made their mark, and I will NOT be misslead by some so called "christains" in their SO CALLED crusade to help teens when the majority of them they destroy! NO NO NO I will not stand by and let them or any other school like this do such things to teens.. wethere they are troubled or not!

Respond to this message   
Mary Burwell

I was on orientation with Bridget

December 15 2004, 11:58 PM 

I was on orientation with Bridget. Bridget, you were always in the kitchen- remember joking about living in the kitchen and just moving our beds in there to sleep? You were probably Mrs. Gerhardt's favorite person there at the time which is why you got to be the main kitchen worker all the time. Don't you see that Mrs. Gerhardt judged us without even knowing us- she never wanted to know alot of us. Actually Mrs. Gerhardt wasn't too bad when you were there. I mean they saw good in alot of people - not me- but alot of my orientation guides at least. When I came back a second time to Mp the only time we ever saw Mrs. Gerhardt was at Pow Wows. I was already obsessed with the king James Bible when I first came into MP and I talked about Jesus quite alot. MP forcing their opinions on us was bad. I don't even think it was good that I stayed off drugs because when I left I had missed out on all the sex and drugs and was thought different and weird for it so since I was older the trouble I got into was 10 times worse. There were no churches that wanted to embrace me- MP didn't want me there- I tried my best to live for God but no one wants me to live for God- no one will let me or allow it. I don't even think God wants me to live for him. I talk about Him but it's about Him not me so He hasn't changed my life- i'm the same as I always was- Either that or I can't be saved and the whole Bible is a lie- but I don't believe that.

Respond to this message   
Mary Burwell

Sorry-oops-

December 19 2004, 4:52 AM 

Sorry,
I was thinking about Bridget Gange. I thought that was a little crazy for her to be writing that. Anyway, sorry Bridget Eby. Yeah, you came in right before I left. Come to think of you I remember you but I never knew you. I get really mixed up sometimes. Sorry.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

January 4 2005, 5:38 AM 

Praise the Lord!

Respond to this message   
Mary Burwell

What's really the truth?

January 4 2005, 10:14 PM 

What's really the truth is Jesus Christ and the King James Bible- not the way MP said you couldn't please the Lord unless you dressed a certain way, not the way they said that you need to talk about Jesus every time you talk to someone in "the world", not the way they forced their beliefs on us, not the way they told us God had brought us there to stay on at MP on staff, not the way they judged us. Maybe alot of kids found Jesus Christ in the Bible but it isn't because anyone thought they were great people. They were always bragging about how "righteous" and "good" they were and saying nearly everyone else was living in sin and out of God's will. It was ridiculous. MP was a liberal waste of everyone's collective time and they preached themselves- as in they forced their judgements on us but they always told us they were right and we were wrong- they could't admit they had ever been wrong unless it realted to how we were wrong and was about us. I don't even know who MP was. It was like a place full of evil spirits that attacked you when you went in the door and there were a bunch of scared unhappy kids around you acting sort of like robots. We learned the truth about the Bible but we didn't learn how to live it and we didn't learn how to live at all. They spiritually destroyed alot of kids. They tried to teach us that the Bible is our spirit. MP didn't make any sense. They told us we couldn't trust anyone- not even ourselves- I don't think the workers knew what they were doing- I'm glad I stayed out of trouble those years but Mp messed me up more than the trouble I was in was messing me up. MP made me give up and not believe in anything in life- I'm glad I learned about God- but I lost my faith in God. The time I spent at MP was the biggest mess of my life- I got so confused there. Life makes no sense to me because of MP. I went in when I was 15 and I will be 15 mentally for the rest of my life. It's like when I went to MP I died- and I have been in hell ever since.

Respond to this message   
Rachael Adams

what's goin on?

January 14 2005, 2:19 AM 

Hey! Bridget its Rachael Adams,remember me?

Respond to this message   
Bridget Eby

hey

January 14 2005, 3:54 PM 

hey rachael ya I remember you call sometime 1-316-943-4880. how ya doing?

Respond to this message   
Rachael Adams

RE:Hey

January 17 2005, 2:02 AM 

Hey! Bridget,glad you remember me.I'm doing great and you? I would give you a buzz but I dont have long distance on my phone (bummer).I'll write you an email just to say hey and just to let you know whats goin on these days.Anywho ttyl.

Respond to this message   
Aimee

Wichita?

June 29 2007, 1:25 PM 

Do you live in Wichita? I was noticing from your number that you are in kansas.

Respond to this message   
Gina Thacker

Hello

March 2 2005, 8:41 PM 

obviously you must have just left mountain park when you wrote this. Give it a little while honey you'll come back to reality one day. I did and so did everybody else. And i agree with Brittany Potter they could have taught us so many different things about how to succeed in life, how to save money etc. Instead all they did was preach Jesus Christ down our throats and condemn us. So WAKE UP !

Respond to this message   
Daniel Brinegar

I love MP and PL over 4 yrs later!

January 18 2007, 8:03 PM 

Gina, I was at MP from 6/01-9/01 and PL from 9/01-8/02 and I still love them both! I got saved at Palm Lane and my life has been the best life in the world since then as you'll see if you read my response to "been a long time" by "loren". I'm not mad at you for dissing her possitive oppinion about those beautiful places, but you need to understand that you are wrong about your time theory. And, no, I'm not saying this 4yrs5mnths later because they "brainwashed me really good" as I'm sure you've been assuming as you've been reading this. The fact of the matter is, I met Jesus, and MP/PL introduced me to Him! I love you all and I'm praying for you.
Living for Jesus,
Daniel Brinegar
Phil 1:20, 21

Respond to this message   
anna(taylor)lucas

umm...okay

March 11 2006, 11:33 PM 

hey bridget umm first of all I never regret what i say so your wrong there second , they sacricficed thermselves to help us , iTHINK NOT do you know how expensive it was to go there , in the real world they would be considered very wealthy and the wills jesus there beyond wealty so no sacrifices were made on there be half it was a job where they all got to be bitches and assholes and make alot of money they got free rent all expences paid and got to act however they wanted plus they didnt even really have decent educations to teach us shit thats why i had to repeat a bunch of stuff because the education i recieved there was worse than public school! Maybe youll be the one regreting what u say later!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Loretta Spickelmire

August 27 2007, 6:48 PM 

You are something! How dare you insult someone for having a different experience than you did? I was in a different Roloff home, and if you believe you were not brainwashed, then it must have took. Do you call yourself a Christian, because the venom you spew is not very Christian in tone. I gave testimony also at the Peoples Baptist Church in Texas, but only to avoid being beaten when we got back from church. They had to have us testify because it was the only way to keep their little dog and pony show going. I feel sorry for you that you feel you must vent your anger at people who are already hurt and damaged.

Sincerely,
Loretta

Respond to this message   
brittany brown

wuz up

January 26 2005, 11:25 PM 

hey girl what megan if this is megan hiskett give me a holla 1 504 305-2689

Respond to this message   
jessica

are you the one from ...

February 22 2005, 1:38 AM 

do your grandparents live in catilina if they do and your the megan i went home for i am really sorry i know it was hell and you can write to me anytime you want and ask questions or whatever i hope you are ok and would love to have a respond

Respond to this message   
just looking

looking for someone

February 22 2005, 6:22 PM 

Sorry to interupt this page,but I was wondering if any one knew where Erin Culbreath?? is. I think she was there in 96-98. I knew her from Hyles Anderson. Erin ,we used to hang out and go over music at college. Give me a call. 612-432-6736 lis

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.