Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

If you were a student at MPBA ... please listen for just on minute..

June 2 2004 at 5:44 PM
Brooke Velez 

Well I attended MPBA in 1999 and left after a year in a half in 2000. (i was 14 when i entered and 15 when i left)
Before,i was sent there because i, (the old man within), was a runaway and a druggie. I would run away from home many and many of times that my mother and father would stay up all night wondering if the God above would have His hand upon me. (Let me add to you one thing my parents are not Christians.) BUt of course like most parents every time that i would come home they were just so happy to see me that they would just forgive me and give me another chance, especially because i would promise to them that i would change, but the problem was that i didn't know how exactly how i could change. So after a year of my parents threating to send me away it finally became real.
So there i was-it was my turn to enter in to MPBA. Of course at first i was begging them to not leave me there and that i would change (this was when they had to say goodbye to me) but remember i couldn't change because i didn't know how... so that's when i began my journey about learning about the Lord.
While i was there not only did i learned how to receive God as my Saviour; i learned how to become a modest young girl, instead of a 14yold girl that who would flunt her body to the world by wearing hardly any clotheswhich made young or older boys look at me so that they might influence me to have sex, i also learned how to do my own laundry, because i had it so good at home that my mother would do it for me, i also learned how to respect others by being polite by saying... (to be continued)..

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Amy Waddington

I was a student from 2/1/97-5/99, staff from 5/99-5/00

June 24 2004, 3:53 AM 

Hi, I am not sure if you will get this message. I don't know if you remember me. I recognize your name, but there was quite a few Brooke's there. I am 24 mow, almost married to a great Christian man. I believe that I am living my life to be the best Christian I can be. My boyfriend/fiance' and I are starting a Bible study at the Salvation Army. The only thing that has stopped it from happenening yet is that there is sooooo much you have to go through just to be a volunteer and especially at the Salvation Army, but Lord willing everythign will work out. Have you hear from any one else at/from MPBBA? Please write me back, if you cannot get this address to work, use maiden.bnw@verizon.net and I am sure that one will work. Well, if you get this please respond. I went to Charisse Fispera's wedding and Frank Tetro was there and Amanda Zimmer, and of course me and my sister Sarah Waddington. Do you remember us?
Amy Waddington

Respond to this message   
monica

i remember you

September 15 2004, 12:04 AM 

Hello Amy
I remember you.I attended Mt.Park in 95-97.Are you not married to Bro.Wyman anymore? You also have a son.How is he?If this finds you say hi.Im not gonna get into my feelings on the school,but i can say as of now on my own i have a great job at the medical examiners as a forensic tech and i have my own place on the beach in Hollywood,Fla.I will be attending Medical School in Jan.I have it together and im doing good.Its funny i just got out of a bad relationship with a guy named Erik B.He also attented Mt.park a few years before i did and is still going to theropy and taking meds from the bad experiances he had there.Glad to hear your doing good.take care.

Respond to this message   
Another Cowardly Bastard

Hey Monica!!!

February 4 2009, 10:07 PM 

Monica and Amy - I remember u both. Its good to know u guys are doing great, and its crazy to see ppl on here that was there when i was!! In case u forgot, im a petite mexican girl from Las Vegas. Anyways, I just wanted to say hi to anybodu that remembers me...

Respond to this message   
JOSIE

HELLO EVERYONE

February 4 2009, 11:06 PM 

I aatended mtn park for 14 months, and i must say that for the most part, it was a positive experiance. My life may not be all great, but i dont blame the school or my parents, only myself and the decisions i made. Im glad that there are ppl that are doing great and i am working on bettering myself, which is all i can do...

Respond to this message   
theresa

diploma

November 17 2008, 12:42 AM 

Amy,I'm helping Charisse look for info on getting a copy of her dipoma from MPBBA.I saw you were at her wedding.If you can help let me know. theresa

Respond to this message   
Amy

Re: diploma

October 20 2010, 8:09 PM 

I just found this page again after 6 years. I need help getting my diploma from MPBBA also. If you can help please call me or email me. My number is 941-462-0400

Respond to this message   
Misty Faulkenberry

Re: If you were a student at MPBA ... please listen for just on minute..

July 23 2004, 12:26 PM 

Hello all. For those of you who attended Mountain Park I would just llike to say congrats to those of you who have made it this far. Unfortunately I do not attemd Landmark anymore, but that was my choice to go on with my nursing career. I now work at the title company; following in my mothers footsteps; and am hopefully to be married soon. My boyffriend is half Thai and American and is very respectful. In the fall I am to start my career as a RN in the Pediactrics dept. My boyfriend on the other hand has one more year of architectual school and he will be graduating. I always thought that you could'nt be in God's Will unless you were in a Bible college or in a Christian school, but hthat's not true. God is blessing me just where i am and I know He is still watching over me.

Respond to this message   
Casey

HI

July 28 2008, 10:54 PM 

MISTY! Its Casey Stuart!!! Ive been looking everywhere for you...Are you referring to Parrish? email me back...mom2tandb@yahoo.com

Respond to this message   
Bridget Eby

September 22 2004, 4:17 PM 

I was at Mtn.Park for 2 yrs. Their I trusted Christ. They taught me how to live like a descent person. They gave us a good education. Because of them I'm now gonna grad from high school. I havent been high or stoned or anything like that now for almost 3 yrs. Because of them I now have a respect for authority.I thank God for Mtn.Park,Bro.and Mrs. Gerhardt,Bo and Julie Gerhardt and Miss.Hill. Also everyone else who worked their.

Respond to this message   
Laurel Pietryga

December 23 2004, 4:08 PM 

I was there in Feb. of 1993, left after graduation of 1995, my graduation. 2 1/2 years...I cant really say if the experience there was all good or bad...it was a little of both I guess. I was sent there because of my "love" of the male attention, no drugs, no crimes. For the most part my time there was good, but this response in in reguard to the school acedemics...I don't believe that it was a good eduation, we worked in PACES...and we all flew through them so quickly, that a lot of it didn't stick...I went in with a 1.8 grade average, and left with a 3.7...yes, i applied myself to my studies, but if you all remember, those of you who were there, most of the PACES were centered around Christianity...not saying that it was bad, but there wasn't much for learning about the "real" world. I didn't realize this till my husband and I started discussing history...he is a huge history buff, and that was when I realized that i didn't know much more than Billy Sunday. As any student that went to this school or one like it, there are always going to be things that you liked, and disliked about it...but the bottom line is that we did survive it, and that you made it was it was when you were there...I had a good time, most of my memories were good. I made some of my best friends there, and have wonderful memories of most of the staff members. I guess all I am trying to say is this...remember the good things...remember why your parents sent you there in the first place, and build your future from that, don't dwell in the bad, its not healty, move on, and push forward, your life if what you make of it...:) Please email me, if you wish, would love to talk to any of you...Laurel

Respond to this message   
Carlie Bromley

February 18 2006, 5:20 AM 

I have to agree that there were good and bad things that went on there. I learned how to be a good mom and wife in certain aspects. It's weird how certain things can remind you of others. I was at PL from 00-01 like a year and a half. I am not living anywhere near a life that would be commendable by the wills but I did learn so much about God and Christ and for that I am grateful! I also saw terrible things happen to undeserving people. (Myself included) so overall I have to agree that it was a mixed situation! Good and bad came out of it!

Respond to this message   
Anna Iafrate

Bridget

March 29 2006, 12:01 AM 

Hey, Bridget
Remember me! It was very surprising to find that you left a message. It's great that you're doing good. When you left, I wondered how you were doing. Wish I could say the same. I messed up and my parents sent me to a boarding school in Oregon; Kleos. At least it's Christian. Still the same old me! I still wish I could be back at Mt. Park. Funny how you start realizing what you had once you leave. Anybody out there that I know hi!
Peace- Anna

Respond to this message   
Shawn

Yeah! I learned how to do my own laundry too!

February 9 2006, 5:33 PM 

Yuck! Seriously your message made me want to puke! I went in '90 I was 13 years old. I learned how to do my own laundry too and while I was doing it I wanted to drink the detergent so that I didn't have to be at Mountain Park any longer! I have never recovered from that horrible, abusive place!!!!!

Respond to this message   
anna

Re: Yeah! I learned how to do my own laundry too!

February 22 2006, 2:45 AM 

i feel like shawn except i wanted to drink the dish soap so i could at least get to the hospital so i didnt have 2 be there anymore and umm i dont know if anyone uses myspace but most of the people from palm lane and mountain park are like so completly different and pretend it was a bad dream , i guess all that brainwashing worked on some of u cause that abunch of crap! God is not that evil, corpral punishment is NOT in the bible , i guess u all r too dumb to relise that!!!

Respond to this message   
Rebecca

MySpace

February 26 2006, 1:53 AM 

Hi to all - for those of you wondering if anyone uses MySpace, there is a whole group of us from MP on there. Just sign in and do a search for MP. It should come up. Hope this message finds all of my former "Parkies" a.k.a. friends doing well and if any of you remember me (soap boxes and baby stools maybe??) I am a member of the group on MySpace. Love to all!

Rebecca Carper
MP 95-97

Respond to this message   
Alicia Hernandez

I survived the "cool girl" witch hunt of '93

January 22 2007, 3:24 AM 

Me and my sister both we're at mpbba and we share your sentiments

Respond to this message   
Another Cowardly Bastard

Re: Yeah! I learned how to do my own laundry too!

May 6 2010, 5:14 AM 

omg this is the best message ever LMFAO. i felt the same way except about the bleach. i thought about it but i figured they wouldn't care so i saved myself the agony

Respond to this message   
Daniel Brinegar

Hello

January 18 2007, 7:19 PM 

I just wanted to respond to your message because the first paragraph, other than your parents not being Christians, was so close to my story it was freaky! Thank you for your possitive attitude toward Mt. Park. I was there from 6/01-9/01 and at Palm Lane from 9/01-8/02. I got saved on Feb 13, 2002 after Drew Parrish preached on putting off the old man and putting on the new man from, if I'm not mistaken, Col 3. If you want to find out how I'm doing, read my response to "been a long time" by loren. God bless you.
Living for Jesus,
Daniel Brinegar
Phil 1:20, 21

Respond to this message   
Hilde Lynn

hello brooke, its hilde lynn

June 5 2009, 12:47 AM 

do you remember me? i remember you. i would like to talk to you about a few things that went on at mtn park. could you send me an email please? i would prefer it to be private. thanks and hope you are well
hildelynn1@hotmail.com

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.