Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

my turn to talk

September 27 2004 at 2:42 AM
Brittany Potter 

My name is Brittany Potter and I hope that the majority of you that take the time to read this read all of it and I hope most of you remember me. For those of you who don't Im the litlle crippled girl who was always in trouble. I graduated in 02 and this is the first time since then that I've ever gotten invovled in anything to do with mt park, but I think I'm finally ready to share my story. My nightmare. For those who didn't know I have Muscular Dystrophy. A disease which causes your muscles to deteriorate. Knowing this you would believe that I have seviere emotional problems not to mention obvious physical ones. When I was at mt park I had only been walking with a limp for about 3 years. My entire life and way of thinking was completely turned around. I was still learning how to deal with this and needless to say I was very bitter and very full of hate(mostly towards God)
The last thing that I needed was a bunch of "normal" people telling me that it was God's will that i was disabled and that I would never be saved never be happy never be right with God until I learn to accept this. Now I'm not going to give you a bunch of horror stories of how they abused me, I'm just asking you to please take the time to listen to why I hate mt park and how it ruined my life. I was forced to live downstairs for no reason. Debbie G purposely kept me downstairs to toughen me up. She seemed to think I was a baby.Stupid bitch, obviously I was not physically able to do everything. Of course I did anyway. P.E., laps around the field, of course i walked in stead of ran. rock picking, sleding, everything. I could give you reason after reason why I hate it but I'll stick the main one. I graduated with the lowest diploma, I can't even do Algebra. Instead of teaching us living skills like how to get a job how to manage money how to date how to say no to peer pressure and drugs how to get into college how to live successfully, they only taught us about Jesus Christ. Which may be nice but that's all they taught us about, nothing else. So how did I do after mt park? Well I'm 21 years old, I have a one year old son with a junkie for a father. I myself am a herion adict and have been for two and a half years. I've been in 10 different rehabs since 02, I went to comm. college and droppped out after 3 months because of drugs. I had over 20 different places to live because I always fail to pay the bills, I can't get along with roomates, and I can't hold down a job for more than a month. I've been raped twice. I've been in jail3 times. I've had sex with probably over 25 people since mt park because I don't know how to have a healthy relationship with a guy. My life has been a living hell since I left that place. And I know for a fact that I'm not the only one living like this. Rachel Ware and I Live in the same town and her life is exactly like mine. Christine Bates started stripping the day she turned 18. She's now an alcoholic. You can think I'm crazy but I fully blame mt park. Instead of using mine and my mother's money, and all of it mind you, to train me how to live independantly and responsibly and successfully as a productive member of society, they spent all of their time shoving Jesus Christ down my throat. So despite all of the horror stories you hear, I hate mt park because they failed my mother and me. They failed to do their job.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
J

Re: my turn to talk

November 19 2004, 5:30 PM 

I never witnessed what you say happened. I was already gone when you were there. All I know is that if you continue to blame other people for your own choices and/or mistakes, you will never get out of the ditch. Your present behavior started long before you ever went to MP. YOU choose what you do. And someday, you will be reminded of all the opportunities you were given and how you pushed them away. Don't act like such a victim. We all have things we must handle in our lives. There is always someone in a worse situation than yourself.

Respond to this message   
concerned

be honest with yourself

December 2 2004, 4:23 PM 

Your full of crap! Britany and everyone else who says stuff like this! You claim your life is a mess cause of mtn.park but if you got sent their then it was prob. not that good before and quit blaming them for your problems. You just want an excuse to justify your actions. I think its time YOU GROW UP and take responsibility for your actions. I was their when you were their, cut out the crap!

Respond to this message   
Ashley R

Concerned-Bullshit!

January 16 2005, 11:37 PM 

Brittany's right-Mt. Park was hell on earth for her and everyone else there who did'nt conform to there pathetic rules and lifestyle. I was there when she was and I saw the way that they made things hell on earth for her and for others-so whoever that email was from talken shit to her-your full of crap you dumb bitch and why dont you fucken get some guts and say who you are!

Respond to this message   
Amanda

If your so damn CONCERNED....why is your mind so CLOSED???

February 3 2005, 1:44 AM 

Concerned.....

I find it hard to believe that you are concerned at all. Can't you see this sweet girl is CRYING out for HELP and you are SH*TTING on her!?!?! You obviously learned your SERIOUS LACK of COMPASSION from the Wills'.

Not every student sent to MP was a "troubled teen".....tho all were treated as if we were the skankiest of all prositiutes.... I'll never forget Miss Debbie telling me when I was 13 years old....and i QUOTE, "You probably nevr spent one night in your own bed, you were probably too busy in everyone elses." Yeah, I was a screwed up kid.....but no one should EVER BE TREATED the way theose SICK F*UCKS TREATED US! PERIOD!!! END OF STORY!!! NEXT QUESTION....................

Brit- You are reaching out....that's AWESOME!!!! You realize what the realities of your life have been.....now is the time to make a change!!! Especially if you are the primary caregiver for this child. (i included my email if you want to hit me up)

Oh my INDEED!
Amanda
94-95, 97-98

Respond to this message   
Carlie-Ann

Why is what she has to say your "concern"

December 15 2005, 5:09 AM 

Everyone has a right to say what they want to. You have NO right to judge riducule or criticize anyone or anything they have to say!It makes me sick to read your bullshit. How in the hell can you be concerned, when all you are being is malicious and flat out mean! Why is what she says for you to judge as true or not. If you only have it in you to be mean shut up. For the sake of everyone else reading this. I personally don't want to see someone who went through a similar situation (and I don't care what you say or think... you know we were all treated wrongly... maybe not flogged and drawn and quartered.. but we were all mentally repressed and therefore abused) tell her she's lying. If she is hurt then let her have her hurt. Different situations affect all of us differently. I do remember her being treated terribly. So shut your fucking mouth... don't make everyone else feel the contempt you feel. I don't know if you're doing this for negative attention... but altleast Brittany had the balls to be honest and identify herself. So until you can say something nice... leave her alone. the way you replied is flat out wrong you should be ashamed...
Love Yall,
Carlie
Palm Lane 2000-2002

Respond to this message   
concerned

be honest with yourself

December 2 2004, 4:24 PM 

Your full of crap! Britany and everyone else who says stuff like this! You claim your life is a mess cause of mtn.park but if you got sent their then it was prob. not that good before and quit blaming them for your problems. You just want an excuse to justify your actions. I think its time YOU GROW UP and take responsibility for your actions. I was their when you were their, cut out the crap!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: be honest with yourself

December 9 2004, 3:25 AM 

FUCK YOU. I DID NOT ASK YOU TO AGREE WITH WHAT I SAID. I'M NOT EVEN FUCKING ASKING YOU TO LIKE IT. I THINK I'M ENTITLED TO STATE MY OPINION JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO FEEL SORRY FOR ME. NO MY LIFE WAS NOT PERFECT BEFORE MT. PARK. YOU ARE RIGHT. I WAS SENT TO MT. PARK BECAUSE I WAS IN TROUBLE, BUT OBVOIUSLY YOU ARE TOO FUCKING NARROW MINDED (NOT TO MENTION A PUSSY FOR NOT SAYING WHO YOU ARE) TO SEE WHAT THAT MY WHOLE POINT WAS THAT I WAS SENT TO MT PARK TO FIX MY PROBLEMS BUT INSTEAD THEY ONLY BECAME WORSE. SO LET ME HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL MY STORY JUST LIKE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL YOURS. IF MT PARK WAS SUCH A GREAT INSPIRATION TO YOUR LIFE WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID TO SAY WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT A GREAT BENEFIT THEY WERE TO YOUR LIFE.
SINCERELY,
BRITTANY

Respond to this message   
really concerned

Re: be honest with yourself

December 9 2004, 4:16 PM 

First of all you called me a ussy but your the pussy for not telling the truth ! BITCH! and yes everyone is entitled to their own God damn opinions but you dont have to lie and make up a whole bunch of shit pussywillow! It's none of your fuckin' business who I am and lastly you said mtn. park gave you even more problems the whole thing I was trying to tell you was to QUIT blaming others and change they might have been a little fucked up but start over! mAKE SOMETING BETTER OF YOUR LIFE! You can choose how it turns out.

Respond to this message   
Victoria Petrenchak

Shut the Fuck Up You Stupid Cunt

July 11 2007, 12:28 AM 

If You want to share your own opinion, you'll have to work up the balls to start your own discussion, so why don't you grab those balls give me a little squeeze, and shove 'em down your throat. Cause In this discussion the spotlight is on Brittany. you don't like what she has to say, than move the fuck on. have a great day

Respond to this message   
Becky Heston

Thank you Victoria

September 1 2008, 12:13 AM 

You said exactly what I wanted to hear! Thank God for Victoria Rose Hall!

Respond to this message   
Emily Adams

Make me want to vomit

May 25 2007, 8:53 PM 

I was an inmate at bethesda in Miss in the 80s . I agree they didnt teach us to be successful adults . I learned thru painful trial and error. I am a success today in spite of not because of the Wills. May they rot in Hell

Respond to this message   
liz andresky

i remember

December 6 2004, 5:06 PM 

brittney i remember you. i am so sorry to hear that you are not happy with your life, but you are the only one that can change it. good luck hun.

Respond to this message   
janelle

i love you

December 17 2004, 5:35 PM 

Hey brittney how are you doing i know you dont want to talk about god so i wont.I just want to say i love you and rachel and still think about the girls at mt park.your life is how you make it.i got raped when i was four years old.im not bitter at god i use it to my advantage.my parent had tried to put me up for adoption before i went to mt.park.my sisters are better than me.i have other problems live with it and grow.use it to make yourself stronger.i am now happily married,have a 3,000 sq foot house and own a jewelry store.if anyone wants to call me my#is 864 862 2920 or 864 787 1302

Respond to this message   
Kara Connor

Wow this is new.

March 16 2005, 7:45 PM 

Well I hope this message reaches liz. I doubt if you remember me but it's kara. i believe i had you on orientation during one of the few times we went out to eat. actually funny story i was thinking about you the other day and some conversations we had at school. well in any event if this ever reaches you it would be nice to see how your doing.

Respond to this message   
Deanna

December 17 2004, 6:32 PM 

The choises you made or continue to make are your own. You cant blame an institution because you choose to do heroine, or because you drink. The reason you probally did'nt do well there is because you depend on other people to make decisions for you. Stand up for yourself. Make your own choises. You said you have a daughter, dont ruin her life. If she see's you on the drugs, she's going to think it's okay as well. Mountain Park was there to help us. Your parents thought it was okay at the time. Open your mind. I'm not trying to criticize you, but there is so much more to life than sitting aroung feeling sorry for yourself. Pick up where you left off, and keep going. Even if it hurts, it will make you stronger!

Respond to this message   
Robin Young

Some Psychos

March 29 2005, 8:12 PM 

It still amazes me how many of you play the "Oh, MP really helped everyone out SO much." HA! What bullshit. I was never even in trouble when I got sent there. I was sent because I resented god for taking my mother when I was 8. I was 11 when i was placed there. I was never in trouble, didn't even know what drugs WERE. Sex... HA!! That was like, not real to me. Didn't even like "boys" at 11. BUT, then good ol' MP. Thanks to their sadistic minds, I was poked and prodded by an OB-GYN, because Mrs. Wills convinced my family I was 11, and was a fucking PROSTITUTE!!!! I mean really... work with me here. Most of the girls went in there with low self-esteems, low morals, and were low lifes. We played the MP game and "found god" just to get out. For a few, being trapped there really helped them, they were pulled out of their destructive lived before. It was not what the wills had done, and it was not MP teachings, it was the girls and possibly their true belief in GOD. THEY pulled themselves out. For others, including myself, after we left MP, our lives became WORSE. Of course you <Deanna> may say they helped, but you easily could have been a staff fav. Of course you guys think MP was just great. But for the rest of us, who were picked on, yelled at, degraded contantly, it ruined us. Before MP, i just blamed God... I left MP hating God, my family, and MYSELF... i lost respect for everyone... esp in myself. They always told me how fat I was, how ugly I was, how much of a little whore I was. I developed severe mental problems thanks to them. By the age of 14 i had developed a cocain habit. By 16, i had OD'd on heroin. Then at 17 I got pregnant. After I had my daughter I finally realized ONLY I could help myself. I became a confirmed catholic, and my life is a lot better, with god. But in turning our backs on god, on our families, and on ourselves, we did drag ourselves down. Yes, it was our choice, but to some of us, at first, that choice seemed better than what those psychos taught us, and did to us. We tried to forget the hell we endured, and became addicted to running from our feelings from MP. My family has spent over $250,000 since I was 14 on therapy for me trying GET OVER what MP has done to me. I was weak willed. I will admit that. I allowed them to tear me down. As did many of us. But that's what they wanted. To control us. We were stupid and allowed them to control us far after we left. We CHOSE to run from it instead of facing it, which drug us right into the hell we caused ourselves, with drugs, alcohol, sex, ect. Yes, it was our choice to start, BUT MP also drove us to it. So don't blame her (although I don't know who she is) For what has happened to her. Don't just "talk shit" and hide behind your shit talking. You don't leave your email, your real name, nothing. You're a coward. The rest of us are trying to cope with what they have done to us. So if you think MP was SOOOO great, fine. Congrats. You made it out a lot better than the rest of us. But DO NOT critize the rest of us for problems they caused us. These problems are real. And you, ARE NOT God. Leaving you NO RIGHT to judge any of us. Didn't you learn ANYTHING while you had your head up their asses? I guess not. Judge Not. You were obviously a lot stronger than us, so accept it with a little smile on your sick face, and leave. You love conflict. So you yourself have many problems, probably caused from MP, and YOUR CHOICES, or you would not feel like you have to tear others down to bring yourself up. Thank God for psychology degrees. I hope you all, regardless of where you are in life, find happiness. Drugs can kill... they can ruin your life... To the original one of this chain, I pray that you find the courage in yourself to over come your addiction. If not for yourself, for your child. Children are a great blessing from God. They will love you unconditionally. You don't want to lose that love. It will be a hard road to recovery, but if you really try, and focus, YOU CAN DO IT. I pray you succeed. Peace be with you all...

Respond to this message   
Amanda

January 16 2005, 11:52 PM 

You say that you blame Mt. Park for all of your problems. Nothing can make you behave the way you do in life. People are born with something called free will. Are you trying to say that the people from MP literally forced the needle back into your arm, or made you have sex with so many men?
Yes, MP was a shitty place for so many people. BUT, there comes a time when you have to grow up and start taking responsibility for your actions.
You have a child, why don't you put her first and stop putting yourself first?

Respond to this message   
Mary

medicine

February 2 2005, 2:20 PM 

In my Lifespan Development class we learned about a baby born last year called a "superbaby". It has something to do with the chemical myostatin like it blocks myostatin and myostatin limits muscle growth. My teacher said that it is being tested in animals to see if a cure for muscular dystrophy can be found.

Respond to this message   
maria johnson

you have to be stronger than that, for yourself

February 19 2005, 1:08 PM 

brittany it breaks my heart that you have allowed yourself to feel like nothing more than a peice of ass i don't know how you look now but i remember your were beautiful and reminded me of a china doll. i think i was at one time your oreintation guide?????the fact that your on drugs is sad to hear esp. herione, my mother used herione and caught aids from it,she is no longer here on this earth.i am not here to judge you but i do want to make you look at your life and realize you are worthy of so much more, that you are still so young and able to make a turn around. i am not talking about going to church and getting all religious and what not. i am talking about leaving the guy you are with and getting help for your self so that you can make all the wrongs in your life right by your son.so that you can find some one who will take care of you and your son. thre are guys out there who would. i myself have a little girl, she is 8 month. she kinda reminds me of you, fair skin and dark features. anyway when i finally got home i was partying so much that eventually i was run to the hospital and that is when i found out that because of my accessive drinking and vomiting afterward, i had created a hole in my stomach. i gues thats when i realized. i better start growing up, it wasn't mp that made me drink i did and i had to make a decision that my life was more important than alchol. do i still drink yes, i am by no means some rightious bitch judging you i just want you to realize that you have a beautiful boy i am sure and he needs you more than the drugs he needs you more that the guy you are with, although you may feel you need him, girl you don't, you are a strong female and you don't need any guy. i hope you realize that. i hope that maybe you will see that if take time to see how beautiful you life can be. always here if you want to chat

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.