Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

My thoughts on Mt. Park

September 27 2004 at 3:41 PM
Rachel Ware 

I was really shocked to find out that the school had been closed. It's funny I always wished that would have happened when I was there. After several years of being home now I always think about my experience there and to be honest I know it did me a lot of good instead of bad. I am grateful I was sent to Mt. Park, If I wasn't who knows how much worse off I would be. I haven't had such a good life since graduation. Drugs and many horrible things have happened in my life that I won't get into now. I am just now starting to get my life together. I have a baby boy on the way due Oct 24 and am excited and nervous about. But I know God has watched over me and blessed me with this baby and a supportive family. Don't get me wrong there are so many things that I don't agree with about the ministry. The way we didn't talk about our problems, were showed no compassion, had no contact with the world, the way we were displined, etc. But most of us needed discipline and a totally new way of life. I was there for two and a half years without ever going on a home visit and barely any communication with my family. I think that was the worst part and am still bitter at my father today. In all I have very mixed feelings about the whole situation. If anybody reads this I would love to hear from you, I have tried to contact so many people but, my search was not successful. My phone number is 610-485-7816. Bye for now. I think this is a great site because we all have been through the same thing and need to talk about things with people who understand. Rachel

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
liz andresky

hi rachel

December 6 2004, 5:13 PM 

i went to mp at the same time you did. i agree that the way they did things there were not the best ways. i was so bitter every day i was there and could not wait to go home. now i am glad i went there though. it did change my life. i think it made me be responsible for my own actions. i have a son named damien he is 15 mos. if i hadnt gone to mp i would not have him now. email me if u wanna lzzbthmarion@aol.com

Respond to this message   
Ann

Your child's name

December 15 2005, 11:48 PM 

Quick question for you. Please do not take this the wrong way. It is in no way intended to insult you or hurt you in any way. You named your child Damien correct? Do the Gerhards (sorry if the name is misspelled) know this? I am interested because we all know that Damien is another name for the Devil. If you are so glad that you went to Mt. Park Boarding Academy, then why intentionally name your child something that goes against all they tried to teach you. Sounds to me like it is your own personal way to get back at them. If I am wrong I do apologize.

Respond to this message   
megan

Re: Your child's name

March 12 2008, 3:55 PM 

Dont try to tell the girl what to name her baby. That shit right there is one reason that we all hated mp or palm lane. if you profess to be such a bible thumper why dont you read a little bit about respect, and humility. This girl is an adult, and you dont know why she named her kid that and frankly its none of your business. Maybe she named him after a loved one that passed? Im not tryin to fight with you but that really discusted me

Respond to this message   
Crystal Deutsch

Hi

March 25 2005, 6:30 PM 

Hi Rachel,

Do you remember me? You were one of my orientation guides. I went home after I came down with apendicitis?

I have a baby boy too, and a girl. their names are Jennifer and Jake.

If you remember me, and you want, write me back.

Crystal Deutsch

Respond to this message   
Jamie Kaufmann

the preachers son

December 7 2005, 4:17 AM 

Or whatever that skit was called that i totally forgot my lines and ruined it for us. I look back on that and even now get red and embarrassed about it...lol hey it's Jamie I totally miss you! How have you been write me back enlisted01@yahoo.com we need to talk!
-Jamie

Respond to this message   
Trish

Tried to call you

January 1 2006, 1:45 PM 

Dear Rachel,
I tried to call your number, but it has been disconnected. I believe you went to MP with my daughter. Please email me at buckeyepelican@prodigy.net. I am trying to get at the truth, and I think you can help me.

Sincerely,
Trish

Respond to this message   
Patience

I was at Mt. Park too.

January 4 2006, 5:05 PM 

Rachel,
I dont know who you are but i was at Mt.Park from 2001-2003. i didnt feel like they mistreated us, but i think that some of there teachings were a little off. i was there for fifteen months. I am now a senior in high school and am working towards going to college. i still keep Mt.Park in my heart.

Respond to this message   
AMY COOK ( HORNE)

WHAT YEAR DID YOU ATTEND MT PARK

January 27 2006, 1:25 PM 

I WAS THERE 93-94 AND THERE WAS A RACHEAL I WAS THERE WITH. I HAVE A BUNCH OF PICTURES AND IF YOU ARE THE RIGHT RACHEAL YOUR IN THE PICTURES WITH THE GIRLS WE HUNG OUT WITH. E-MAIL ME AT BUNKYCRUNCH@YAHOO.COM THANKS AMY

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.