Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

It helped me

December 17 2004 at 6:22 PM
Deanna Peele 

I was sent to Mountain Park in Jan. 1997. I was sent there because I was not going to school regularly. My parents knew a few other parents who have sent their daughters there. I absolutly believe the school helped me. If it was not for them helping me with my education and showing me that Jesus Saves, I dont know where I would be now. They were never unkind to me while I was there. Actually, there were about 200 other girls there the same time I was. It's hard to distribute love to each girl individually. But, I never felt mistreated.It was a school for troubled teens. What were they supposed to do? Everything they did was for our benifet. Closing the school closed the door to alot of other teens who really need help. Now they are going to wind up pregnant, raped, run away,dead, or in jail. I support Mountain Park 100%

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mary Burwell

What was so great?

December 23 2004, 9:50 PM 

What got me mad was the preachers saying that MP was a place God specifically loved more than churches that had less standards. Their standards were physical- not spiritual. What got me so mad was how conceited they were and how we had no contact with the outside world so it was almost impossible not to buy into some of their conceitedness as true. They tried to make our families look eveil and in sin to us just because they didn't dress like MP, use the same Bible, or go to a fundamental church. They acted superior to anyone who was not "blessed" with the "knowledge" they had. It made me think that my sole purpose in life was to meet as many people as I could and talk to them all about God and Jesus- I turned off alot of people by talking so much about Jesus instead of focusing on something they were actually interested in- All my friends are people who knew me before MP and people they knew I hadn't met yet. I have a very hard time making new friends like most people can because I have nothing to talk about but Jesus- It was okay at MP to talk about Jesus all the time and I loved it but people don't want to talk about things they don't know anything about- I'm a freak show for knowing so much about the Bible and Christianity . I like it in a way but I hate having such a hard time fitting in with people my age.

Respond to this message   
Amanda Zimmer

Deanna...you were WORSE...AFTER leaving MP...I know this for a fact!

February 1 2005, 2:50 AM 

Deanna-
Skipping school PALES in COMPARISON to the SH*T you've pulled!!!
You and I both know what you and I both have gotten ourselves into since we left there. And you, me, Frank, and maybe a few others, like Grandma, and your folks, Mike, etc. know that you have not been ANY sort of ANGEL....since leaving there. So why LIE??? If you were so right with God....well, how could you have hurt a specific person as much as you did? Aren't there a few Bible verses about the manner in which you wronged him? Sorry, I believe in TOTAL HONESTY....and I call them as I see them. I apologize for the harsh sound of this email, but I feel it a slap in the face to read YOUR words....so FULL of lies!!!

Tell Grandma I say "Hello!"
Amanda

Respond to this message   
Justine Rhyne

Huh?!!

December 8 2005, 5:31 AM 

I have no idea what you are talking about to Deanna regarding how MP really didn't help her, etc. and that she wronged a specific person. We all have times in our lives when we make the wrong choices, but that doesn't mean it's a direct result of where we went to high school. It's like saying, "I went to Holland, and because I went there, I now engage in legalized prostitution." Come on, Amanda. You're a smart enough gal to see the lack of logic in you argument. Sinners always sin, no matter how much instruction or opportunity we get to do right. And whether your sins are deliberate or not, you still pay the consequences, which I am sure Deanna has experienced by now if what you say is true.

Respond to this message   
Deanna

Calm Down!!!

December 12 2005, 3:12 PM 

I never said I was an angel after leaving MP! Far from. I did say they helped me. I was a spoiled brat going no where. You did'nt know me before MP, Amanda. Everyone has reasons for their actions. Whats up with your reply anyway? There was no need for that. I was just expressing my feelings toward MP.

Respond to this message   
Justine Rhyne

I Agree With Deanna Peele

December 8 2005, 5:24 AM 

Deanna,

I acompletely agree with what you said in your post. The Wills are my friends now and always will be. I thank God for the opportunity I had to go there. And think about this one: How is it that I was there for 3 1/2 years, had extra privileges, was trusted by staff, and could basically go any where I wanted on the school grounds and yet never ONCE saw any of these "abuses" so many are talking about. LIES, LIES, LIES. And no, I did not gain this trust by beating other girls or ridiculing them because I was ordered to do so. This DID NOT take place. You all need to do something valuable with your lives instead of making up stories. It is only then that you will take your eyes off yourself and think of others, and in that you will find the healing for which you look.

Respond to this message   
Carlie-Ann

Everyone Please Just Listen...

December 15 2005, 5:02 AM 

Aparantly from all the research and listening and reading and friends I have made since coming out of the shell I put myself in after Palm Lane... I have learned is that we are all different people. Instead of jumping all over people and saying "calm down" and all that shit... just read and validate... but we all have to be honest to help eachother... isn't that why we have all of these sites... to help eachother??? Or am I a fool... Bottom line whether or not MP or PL helped you, we were wrongly treated. I had no reason to be there. I was 14. My step mom and I got in an argument and I woke up in Florida. So until we all just become "enlightened" and fully understand everyone else, just give it a rest. And if it isn't constructive and if it's hypocritical and dishonest... just keep your fucking mouth shut. There's no sense in lying on a web site, and it doesn't help anyone. We should find comfort and support in eachother and be in acceptance of who we are. I'm just sickened by some of the shit I read on here. Especially the people who want to over-intellectualize... and turn people into a psychology lab rat... let's just all love eachother and support eachother because frankly none of us truly know anything about anyone's experiences and feelings. So let's just be here and pray or whatever for Brittany instead of bashing her. And as far as just calling her out as a liar... nobody has any standing or right to do so. So please shut up. There is no reason...
Thank you,
Carlie

Hi Amanda
I love you chica... you're ever so polite even when you're blunt!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.