Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

Mountain Park and drugs

December 19 2004 at 7:42 PM
Mary Burwell 

I don't know about MP drugging anyone on purpose but one time I had a cold and at medicine call I was given a single pill. It was a capsule. It came out of a package. It was a crimson red color. I took the one pill and it make me trip really hard like LSD. At the time I figured it was sold over the counter but I have found out since that the pill doesn't exist to buy like that. It said Tylenol on it. I was told by a worker that some medicines just do that but not any that are sold over the counter because it made me trip really hard for a full day and night. I was seeing and thinking all kinds of crazy stuff. All I can figure was that it was pure dextromethorphine. It did help the cold. Dextromethorphine is sold over the counter but a person would have to drink a whole bottle of cough syrup or a whole box of pills to trip like that.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Laurel Pietryga

Re: Mountain Park and drugs

December 23 2004, 4:14 PM 

I'm sorry, I don't want to be the person that pisses everyone off in here, but I seriously do NOT believe that we were drugged at all, when i was there, we were only required to get into medicine call maybe 2 times...and i personally never saw anyone tripping on anything that they were given from the workers, or from Mama herself...I was astounded when i heard about this about a year ago, when it was brought out to the open...but i guess we all had differnt experiences, and remember different things, but as for me, i can't say that i would ever back up this story, or alligation...sorry

Respond to this message   
Mary Burwell

?

December 23 2004, 9:21 PM 

I know what happened to me. I'm not saying it was on purpose, but damn, I had fun tripping at MP, I had alot of fun, but I just can't figure out what that thing was, but I used to do acid and trip on cough medicine before I went there but one pill of cold medicine would never do that before, but maybe it just triggered a reaction. I doubt anyone could tell I was tripping but they never can unless I did something crazy and if you did something crazy at MP you were fucked. I don't care if anyone believes it or not, I'm just telling the truth about my experience and in no way am I saying it happened on purpose- well I guess God wanted it to happen to see my response. It only happened once. But, believe what you want-I'd just like to know if that happened to anyone else- but, you're right, don't trust everyone who makes allegations against MP- I have a hard time believing Bro. Gerhardt ever used the "n" word but I can't say he never did- I just find that hard to believe.

Respond to this message   
Matthew Jennings

You have got to be kidding!

December 27 2004, 5:11 AM 

I am a graduate of MP back in the day when this country still had a moral sense about it. I am a very sucessful business man and I owe it all to what God did inside of me do to the leadership and discipline that MP provided. I even returned to help out for a short time after graduation and I can say with the utmost confidence that MP would never drug any one for any reason in fact I know for a fact that they kept people from taking unesscary pills kept us from chocolate and even caffiene. People should just grow up and take responsability for thier actions. I would caution any one from "rasing thier hand against the Lord's annointed.

Respond to this message   
Mary Burwell

Everyone is the Lord's annointed

December 27 2004, 5:41 PM 

Just because MP said that they were special does not make them special. That is like people thinking they are voting for God when they vote for George Bush. MP had a whole lot of head knowlege about God but they didn't have love for anyone but themselves and when Mrs. Gerhardt got the seniors together and told us that the way to get a person saved was to mess with them- that's not right. When I was at MP they were playing with fire. I've said it three times now- I don't know if they did it on purpose- they sure did fuck with some things they shouldn't have and people they shouldn't have- what did they think they were doing teaching kids that MP not cooperating with state laws set for them was good. They taught kids to rebel from authority. They told us compromise was bad. I hate to break it to you but MP only wanted your money and time so that they could leave you in charge while they got rich off of you- basically- you got played. MP encouraged kids making fun of each other and authority making fun of kids. They taught us to respect noone. They blasphemed God by trying to play God in ohter people's lives. I'm not saying this to make me look good but because I witnessed it. I don't think I'm better than the people who ran MP- i just don't think they are better than me and they needed to get off their high horse before their heads got so big they exploded and I think God intervened because everyone will be better off without MP. If you want to live for God you don't to go to MP or any other ministry- why don't you minister to people in the real world who really need help and not force God on people. Obviously MP was not a good place or it wouldn't have shut down.

Respond to this message   
Mary Burwell

Ok

December 27 2004, 6:00 PM 

Matthew, I'm sure you probably did some good at MP while you were there but you don't need to be standing up for people who tried to discredit anyone else who was trying to live for God. As soon as you left Mp I'm sure they probably forgot all about you because they anyone who didn't kiss their asses and do everything they said they automatically made their enemy. They had no problem pointing out other people's mistakes but they never beheld the mote in their own eye. They wanted power and that is what they were living for. They were saved but they certainly weren't special.

Respond to this message   
Carlie Bromley

Re: Ok

January 8 2005, 8:32 PM 

Hey Mary, I don't know if you remember me, but my name is Carly Bromley, you were at Palm Lane for a little bit. I guess i went there from October of 2000 until September 2001. I remeber you from when i first got there. And you moved to mountain park shortly thereafter.

Respond to this message   
Mary Burwell

Hey Carly

January 10 2005, 11:06 PM 

I remember you. How are you doing now? I'm doing okay. Here is my email if you want to write: burwelm@email.uah.edu.

Respond to this message   
Emily Adams

Oh please

January 3 2005, 12:09 PM 

I was at Bethesda for 18 months. The Lords annointed??? Puke. More like Satans spawn

Respond to this message   
Becky Heston

shut up you idiot

September 1 2008, 12:19 AM 

They treated the boys different than the girls. This is none of your business and you have no context to be making comments on this particular entry.

Respond to this message   
Becky Heston

about Matthews comment....

September 1 2008, 12:22 AM 

Respond to this message   
Amanda S.

Re: ?

January 12 2005, 5:18 AM 

Nobody was ever drugged when I was at MP either. I'm 100% sure of that, and believe me, there were people who needed to be drugged, lol.
I did a lot of drugs, including acid, before I went to MP too. I had two flashbacks while I was there. One of the times was when Ms. Kim was yelling at everyone in line.

Respond to this message   
Mary

Re: ?

January 12 2005, 5:52 AM 

okay, all I'm saying is that I tripped really hard on COLD MEDICINE- I didn't say MP knew about it. I told one worker and they got rid of that medicine- I never saw it again. Noone knew I was tripping unless they looked into my eyes and I don't think anyone did- I don't even remember if my pupils were dialated. All I know is that God wanted me to trip there for some reason. Everything happens for a reason is what MP always said- maybe i'm a vessel of wrath fitted for destruction- whatever- I don't care- since I've left MP I have all kinds of fears- for a while i got really freaked out about Babylon the Great in Revelation - I got really freaked out that I might be her- I always get freaked out when I read the Bible that all of the bad stuff is talking about me- and I guess I'm convicted about it- but what am I supposed to do? the only thing I can do is to quit believing in all this hell and Satan stuff MP forced down my throat. If I believe in hell I will go insane with worry and I can't live like that- it isn't healthy.

Respond to this message   
Mary Burwell

also

March 2 2005, 5:28 AM 

Oh, also, what messes with me about the whole tripping on the cold medicine was that right after that I got a student for the first time and I think the reason I got a student was that I told Mrs. O'Brient about the cold medicine. I'm not sure but maybe it was because I was staying an extra year. The only reason I thought it may have been given to me on purpose was because I thought they might have been testing me to see if I would say something. I'll admit, if it hadn't been my choice to be there then I may not have told Mrs. O'Brient. Anyway- if you don't believe me ask Mrs. O'Brient. It didn't really occur to me to tell her until I was off of the medicine- actually I think I took the pill twice come to think of it because it was so good- but then I still had the cold- alot of us were sick then with a pretty bad cold- some girls had to stay in bed all day if I remember right- and I told her in the dorm and she gave me a different pill. That was so hard for me- that's why I knew I had to tell- I just felt wrong for choosing to stay an extra year and then not going with the program. I really wanted to do good and it was hard for me to figure out if it was bad for me to be tripping there because it made me so social to trip there. We were all sitting in the 1st dorm and everything was so interesting. Melissa St. Firman was on orientation with Kendra Gilliume and melissa had on pink and I came up and it was so easy to talk to them and I said something about the pink. Wait a minute- Kendra was still there so it was before I was staying the extra year- but I had already made the decision. It was right before graduation, though. I was bad and was serving even thought I had the cold and Bill Bosak came in my line every time and that was fun because it was like he was my friend. He's the reason I stayed an extra year because I was going to stay and work but that just didn't seem right at all because he was a big leader and I had never had a student, and for me to be a worker I didn't to understand what it was like to have a student so I would know how to advise the girls about things. I stood up for a student every time they ever had the student switch and I never got one. How could I be a good orientation guide without practice? I was seriously brainwashed by MP at that time because of my past interst in the KJV and God and I had several serious conversations about God and Jesus with friends before I ever came to MP- and I loved MP how they explained exactly why Jesus did what He did- and it just all made sense- and I went home for a year and wrote all kinds of songs about God and Jesus using the doctrine I had learned at MP and even sang one of them at church in front of the congregation and people thought it was great- my parents sent me back to MP for drinking bottles of Robitussin because it gave me so much inspiration to write songs- the song I sang in front of the church I wrote on Robitussin- and I would draw all kinds of pictures because my parents really encouraged my art and my art teacher still kept in contact with me- and my art teachers thought the stuff I did on Robitussin was great- and I liked my personality better on Robitussin- oh I would take the Coriciden cough and cold pills, too because one of the kids at the Christian school I went to introduced me to that- but I had to take at least half of the box to feel anything- but everyone liked me better on drugs, and I thought I was doing something important- I thought that was why God sent me to MP was to write songs and get the doctrine correct- so people could be saved. When my parents told me I would be going to Palm Lane I was excited- I thought they would understand that I did everything I could do for God- boy was I stupid- anyway- I'm glad I did go back to MP because it really made reality sink in- it hit hard- noone liked me- I was pretty nasty looking after drinking several bottles of cough medicine a week- I wasn't allowed to hang out with my old friends and I was pretty depressed over that- I couldn't really make many friends at the Christian school because it was really small and my personality was pretty warped from MP and the Friday before I went to Palm Lane I had broken down in class and just told everyone I was on the cough medicine- and they were really nice and said that they had thought I was just trying to be spiritual by talking about God all the time because it was a Christian school- but that's really how I was- I didn't have anything to talk about but God because God was the only thing going on in my life for a few years. I'm sorry, I know noone wants to read all this crazy stuff, but I really need to to talk about it and I can't talk about it with people unless they have been to MP because no one else can understand. But I really did tripp at MP- but it was probably becuase I had taken so much cold medicine before so it just triggered it. I think the reason I knew I had to tell was when I was sitting in church and this whole revelation about Marilyn Manson came to me about how he had that album anti-christ superstar- and how by him saying he was (the) anti-christ was what he had to say because that is an idea he prepresented- that is how he fit in- so I think that is about the time i started tripping about being Babylon the Great- all the days at MP run together into one day- I thought I was getting some serious inspiration there. The whole time I was there I wanted to really make a difference at MP- I thought the way to do that was to give the whole place new insight on God- especially since the workers had no way of seeing what the spiritual world outside of MP was really like. Mrs. O'Brient told me I go off on tangents- I went on a pretty long on this time. Organization is definitely something I need to focus on. sorry

Respond to this message   
aimee fancher

Re: also

January 7 2007, 3:58 PM 

i was a student at mp with you and know that you are full of bull. you may not remember me and i don't really care if you do. i was there for almost 3 years and never had any trips or anything. i remember how me and the girls thought you were psycho. you would go off on your tangents and freak us out. it freaked me out beign around you. you had some weird as things you thought were spiritual. i loved and hated some things about mp but i hate all the bull that is being spread around about it. just bc you have some mental problems don't blame mp if there hadm't been a mp i know for a fact that i woudl be dead right now. you need a reality check and remember everything that the staff did for us there remember ms hill staying up all night to plan some things for us to do during vacation so we would feel at home i can remember bro gerhardt dropping anything he was doing to help me understand things and get over some things in my past. i got saved about two years ago and am so glad i had the years i did at mp and refuge of grace/agape boarding school. this is to everyone out there reading and condemning the gerhardts for doing what they thought was the right thing to do remember that they are human too and make mistakes it seems like so many people condemn other for not being perfect and expect everyone else to understand that they are not. i want more than anything to get in touch with the gerhardts but thanks to everyones bull on the internet i can't i am happily engaged and thanking God everyday for what He has done for me. to all the old mp students remember that someone gave up their lives and the things and money they could have made to give teens like us who didn't really deserve a chance , a chance to make something of their lives. i will be going to hyles-anderson college soon and thank the gerhardts, pardos', smiths, ms gooodman and all the other single staff for everything they have done for me and the influence they left in my life. aimee

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.