Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

Palm Lane Experience-No more Faith

February 4 2005 at 3:39 AM
Rachel 

I was at Palm Lane the end of 2003 till sept. of 04. As soon as I entered PL, I was tricked thinking it was a hotel. Everytime I think of PL I want to cry because I had to act a certain way, and tell my parents I was being good just for hope to ever leaving PL. Soojin Lee was in there when she was 18 years old, and she told me that she hated PL and wanted to leave. I told her she was of age and could, but she told me she couldn't because the O'Briens would not let her, holding her against her will. I was always afraid that I would never get out of PL, so I walked the walk and talked the talk. I always used to ask If I could leave at 18, and they said NO. How about 21? NO! I was 17 at the time and I left on my birthday in Sept. If all the leaders in PL were encouraged by GOD to treat people wrong by being pushy and having power trips over thenselves, then I never want to think about "following Gods will" or " being a child of God". At least before going into PL I had a little faith that God loved me ever though I was not talking the best of actions in my life. Now I don't even want faith, and hate God for ever putting me in PL if there even is a God.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Hope Trushel

Re: Palm Lane Experience-No more Faith

February 17 2005, 11:27 AM 

Have you talked to Soojin Lee

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

March 2 2005, 10:31 PM 

No.

Respond to this message   
INFORMED

What you said is why I don't like those loons!

January 8 2006, 7:30 PM 

Don't let ANYBODY pressure you into making ANY decisions concerning your faith! When it is time for you to come to whatever decision you may or may not need to make in life, you won't need a 'middle-man' you WILL know - so don't fall victim to commercialized Christianity!

There are MILLIONS who are walking around thinking they are 'saved' because they made a 'profession of faith' because of human (external) pressure and even due to the 'lulling' music during an altar call - another human external influence designed to dupe the masses!

Just ran across a website that has the same beliefs as those loons who ran Mountain Park and Palm Lane - and this is precisely why so many of you have chosen to walk away from THEIR 'god'.

Look at the confusion in these beliefs the Independent Fundies - like the Wills and Gerhardts - rant about:

We believe that only by GRACE is salvation OFFERED to sinners, it is NOT BY WORKS lest any should boast.

the offer to have ones sins forgiven is open to whosoever shalt CONFESS WITH THEIR MOUTH the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead; for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and WITH THE MOUTH CONFESSION IS MADE unto salvation.

Though our new desire is not to sin, we believe that every born-again believer has a tendency to sin and does sin. The sins we speak of here will hinder our walk and usefulness to God, but if truly a child of God, they will not negate our salvation. Though we believe the child of God is eternally secure, HE MUST CONTINUALLY CONFESS HIS SINS and be forgiven to restore his daily walk with the Lord.

Let's see:

They claim salvation is NOT BY WORKS - but -

[required to]
CONFESS WITH THEIR MOUTH/WITH THE MOUTH CONFESSION IS MADE <<< that IS WORK!

AND

one MUST CONTINUALLY CONFESS HIS SINS <<<sounds like A LOT OF WORK to ME!

AND THIS IS THE REAL KICKER:

if truly a child of God, they [the SINS committed] will not negate our salvation. Though we believe the child of God is eternally secure, HE MUST CONTINUALLY CONFESS HIS SINS >>>>AND BE FORGIVEN<<<< to restore his daily walk with the Lord.

They are a bunch of loons. No doubt about it! (Not by works, BUT - if you don't go through the WORK of CONFESSING WITH YOUR MOUTH, you can't be saved???? How many of those loons BRAG about being SAVED and ACCUSE others of NOT BEING SAVED??? Yes, they think they are all-seeing and all-knowing gods, but they're just looney!)

Don't worry about anything that they told you there - you'll be just fine - the REAL & TRUE & MERCIFUL GOD will see to that! He'll find you when YOU are ready - you won't have to go looking - contrary to what you've been told. Too many people in this world trying to take the place of the 'holy spirit' and become the 'conscience of God' for all mankind. I don't think God everlasting is too happy about that.

Just do GOOD WORKS in life and you'll be pleasantly surprised by God himself and will form a TRUE relationship with Him: You'll discover that you've been walking with him a long time - that He was there with you in all of the GOOD things you were doing. KNOWING God is ABOUT DOING GOOD WORKS - that is how you WALK THE WALK - don't let anybody try to convince you otherwise!

Keep on keeping on!

Respond to this message   
INFORMED

Some SCRIPTURES for the loons

January 8 2006, 8:16 PM 

What gets me about those loons is that they threaten you with Hell and 'not being saved' if you 'do bad things' (if you do bad WORKS) and yet tell you that 'good' WORKS have no relation to salvation. That's a HYPOCRITICAL stance if ever I've seen one - only BAD WORKS are JUDGED - but NOT good WORKS - I'm sure it makes a lot of sense to God, too - NOT!!!

Those at Mountain Park and Palm Lane demanded that you learn scripture - well in Revelation it talks VERY, VERY, MUCH about being judge according to WORKS! (They probably didn't focus much on the 'works' scriptures - probably didn't want you to know the TRUTH - that the GOOD does CANCEL out the BAD!)

Here are just a few of the mentions:

And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may REST from their LABOURS; AND THEIR WORKS DO FOLLOW THEM.- Revelation 14:13

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were JUDGED out of those things which were WRITTEN IN THE BOOKS, ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. - Revelation 20:12

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and THEY WERE JUDGED EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. - Revelation 20:13

And look at these scriptures from Revelation that speak to the CHURCHES about WORKS:

Rev 2:2 I KNOW THY WORKS, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Rev 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and DO THE FIRST WORKS; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Rev 2:9 I KNOW THY WORKS, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Rev 2:13 I KNOW THY WORKS, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Rev 2:19 I KNOW THY WORKS, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, AND THY WORKS; and the last to be more than the first.

Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you ACCORDING TO YOUR WORKS.

Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I KNOW THY WORKS, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found THY WORKS perfect before God.

Rev 3:8 I KNOW THY WORKS: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Rev 3:15 I KNOW THY WORKS, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Don't be fooled by the multitudes - read for UNDERSTANDING - don't take a MAN's word for what you should believe because it is a POPULAR man-made belief! (Where would Noah have been if he had followed the POPULAR beliefs of his day?) And REMEMBER THIS: Even Cain, who killed his own brother, was given protection by God everlasting. Why did God protect him? Read in Genesis and find out why! It will perhaps open some GREAT TRUTHS as to the FACT that SALVATION (God's COVERING - His everlasting SALVE) has been about God's MERCY since the BEGINNING - not just since 'Jesus' came along! (He had MERCY on Adam & Eve and didn't wipe them out, did He?)

O.K. Sorry about the rambling - but my favorite thing in life is to STUDY SCRIPTURE for God's TRUTH. (Most of it is reading and using 'common sense' which God blessed all of us with - whether we use it or not is another story, but we all do have it!)

Respond to this message   
anna (taylor) lucas

March 11 2006, 11:38 PM 

poor soojin i remember her she came in after i did , that sucks they wouldnt let her leave! I remember when she had really long hair and mrs warren drug her around by it then made her cut it all off and her parents freaked out i thought for sure they were gonna pull her out! then i left and i guess they didnt , i hope shes doing well now!

Respond to this message   
Emily

re Palm Lane

March 18 2006, 6:43 AM 

i was in bethesda in Miss for 16 months . Got out in1985. it was horrible and the expereince caused me much troublefor many years. I have a yahoo group for survivors- BethesdaGirls_ RedemptionRanch_ Boys @ yahoo.com. we are happy to share with Mp or Pl survivors. We are not a supporters group- people who are pro Wills?Gerhardts? O'Brients would feel more comfortable elseswhere

Respond to this message   
Megan

That wasnt god

March 12 2008, 3:47 PM 

Honey god didnt put you at palm lane
I hated it too, it was torture.
God doesn't want his children to suffer
This place was a cult. plain and simple.
God is good, and this was anything but good.
If you need to talk
email me at Schmitty5689@yahoo.com

megan

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.