Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

Just my opion.

March 2 2005 at 2:12 PM
Erin Keller (Curts) 

I would like to say that I feel mixed about the academy. I went to the school for one year left and was then sent back for a little under two years. A total of a little under three years. My time at this school is definitley unforgetable. I do not feel that all my problems after the school are a total result of the school but I feel i could have suceeded if sent to a school that had a better education program. Before going to the school I was a mess and my parents had run out of options. They had a judge telling them to get her help or he would send me away. As a parent you want what is best for your child and I believe that Mt. Park definitley closed the parents off from thier children and painted the picture for them. i was given the opportunity to read the handbook given to parents and I think the school should have been a little more honest. I had heard that a lawsuit against the school had included my name which may I say though I do not feel I was treated fairly a good amount of time that lawsuit was nothing but lies. The school was harsh and probably should not have treated students the way they did but I can assure you that the students sent there were not angels and if they fell back into trouble then they just went back to what they knew prior to going to the school. I can tell you that I do hate religion but I can tell you this as well. It was a struggle after leaving the school. I hurt my family in the worst of ways, got married to a deadbeat, dropped out of highschool. A couple of other things happened but I will not broadcast my sob story just give you an idea. I just went back to what I knew best. But I have come a long way from being a rebilous child with no hope and blaming everyone around me. I did get a divorce, got right with my family, and am now employed as a federal debt collector. i have come a long ways since leaving the school and just want to let everyone know that though I have had my struggles I have decided for myself that this school was not to blame for my problems, I was. I am in no way grateful to the school or the staff but grateful to have a wake-up call in the worst way. They did not show me strength, they should me I had it already by suffering through the school. They did not show me hope, they should me I had it when I would lay awake hoping for a change of myself and my surroundings. They did not show a high raod for life, they should me that i had to decide for my self if I was going to be helpless and a waste of air or was I going to better myself and make my own way. I do not blame Mt. Park but lets just say I was glad to hear they closed due to the fact I am tired of coming on to sites like this and hearing horor stories of people who can not accept responsiblity for thier own actions. But this is just my opion.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
liz andresky

Re: Just my opion.

March 23 2005, 1:51 AM 

hey its liz andresky, i had u on oreintation one time. its good to hear that u got your life staightened out. email me if u wanna chat.
lzzbthmarion@aol.com

Respond to this message   
kara czerwinski

Hey Liz

February 10 2007, 4:55 AM 

Hey Liz I dont know if you remember me but I had you on orientation as well. Email me if you wanna chat.

Respond to this message   
Chuck Curts

Hey Erin

December 27 2005, 10:38 PM 

Hey Erin,

It's Chuck. I just wanted to say hello. I have not talked to you in such a long time. How are you doing? Good I hope. Email me sometime. Slywolf317@hotmail.com.

Respond to this message   
Trish

Parent Seeking the Truth

January 1 2006, 1:31 PM 

Dear Erin,

I read with great interest your comments on Mountain Park. Thank you for sharing your personal experiences. It sounds like you have matured into a responsible, intelligent young lady who can make good decisions.

My daughter was at Mountain Park, several years ago. She never said anything about being mistreated there, but now I wonder what is happening. Are people telling lies about the ministry? Or did some of these horrible things really happen?

There seems to be some sort of hysteria rippling through former students. What is real, and what is imagined?

I wondered if it was simply a case of rebellious kids who did not want to be told what to do being resentful over being forced to behave. When I voiced that opinion on another website, the backlash against it was incredible.

What do you think?

Respond to this message   
bobbyone

To Trish

March 31 2007, 2:44 AM 

All the terrible things that you are reading about the Wills and ALL OF THEIR SCHOOLS are true! I was at Bethesda in Hattiesburg, MS from 1984-1985. I am almost 40 yrs old! Why would a middle-aged person choose to fabricate these types of claims from almost 23 yrs ago?? Do some more searching and you will continue to be shocked with what you will find! I know that I am!

Respond to this message   
Rachel Friedman

Response to a fearful parent

August 12 2008, 5:46 AM 

You can rest assured that the extreme and exagerated stories are the rantings and ravings of people who are looking to blame something, anything for the present condition of their life. It is much easier to point the finger rather than accept responsibility for our choices. Obviously, being such a self-destructive brat that you need a reformatory boarding school indicates that any discipline is not fun, however it was in no way harmful or traumatizing. I truly pity those students who fail to take any good away from what could have been a foundation to a successful life. I hated MP when I arrived for an entire year I was resistent. As a student who worked through every ranking, including being single and married staff, I can assure you I would have seen SOMETHING at some point in the 6 years I was there- by choice by the way. As for myself, I can guarentee 100% that as a staff member I was fully and entirely dedicated to my students and I NEVER would have let anyone hurt them. They would have had to go through me. While I no longer live the "mountain park lifestyle" I still use the tools I learned such as honesty, hard work, interpersonal and leadership skills every day. I graduated with top honors from the university of california and I am now pursuing my Masters at a prestigious university.

Respond to this message   
admserm

Re: Parent Seeking the Truth

August 14 2008, 12:11 PM 

I was at Bethesda for almost 2 years . This was in the 1980's . I am successful now in life but after Bethesda was a mess. I didnt know how to make a choice on my own. I am proud to say that I dont live the Bethesda lifestyle and I would never codone what they did to us. I survived in spite of them

Respond to this message   
nick scott am

holy shit!!!!

April 22 2006, 1:18 PM 

I am glad to hear that people feel the same way as me about mt. park . I wont blame mt park for the way I am now(obviously nuts) but I will say that I would not be the man I am today without going there.Mt. park taught me discipline, character and responsibility and for that I am thankful.As for that other bullshit well thats another story.

Respond to this message   
Daniel Brinegar

I remember you, Nick!

January 18 2007, 6:58 PM 

Scott, How are you? I'm doing alright. (See my response to "been a long time".) If you want to get in touch my e_mail is savedbythebloodin2002@yahoo.com. I hope to hear from you soon.

Respond to this message   
Naomi Douglas (Nelson)

Re: Just my opion.

May 3 2006, 2:40 AM 

Wow Erin, you hit it all right on the head. i knew i didn't blame mt park for my problems but i also didn't reward them for changing me. cause i wasn't perfect when i left i screwed up a lot but now i think i am doing good with a husband and a son and a home...i never really put it in perspective but you did it perfectly saying how they made me stronger just by making it and not wanting to be a waste the rest of my life. Anyways just thought i would say thanks. you really put it in perspective. I hope all is good for you.
Naomi Douglas 2001-2002

Respond to this message   
Rachel Friedman

I'm so proud of you!

August 12 2008, 5:54 AM 

I was thrilled to see your entry- very honest and mature. I'm with you- I also accept the responsibility of the failures in my life although blaming MP would be much easier! I learned many valuable lessons that I have chosen to pick out and carry with me- the most important of which I think was putting others first. I think of you sometimes and am glad to hear that you are doing well! I know we had a complex relationship, but I always wish you the best!

Love,
Rachel

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.