Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
INFORMED

Duhhh - Can you say, "Stockholm Syndrome"?

January 19 2006, 7:02 AM 

http://www.meaning.ca/articles/stockholm_syndrome.htm

Says this in the linked article:

There is no precise, universally accepted definition of Stockholm syndrome. It generally refers to a cluster of symptoms often observed in hostages, cult members, battered women and victims of sexual and physical abuse. These symptoms include:

Emotional bonding with the captor/abuser
Seeking favor and approval from the perpetrator
Depending on the perpetrator for security and purpose of existence
Befriending and caring for the captor
Resenting police and proper authorities for their rescue attempts
Losing one's own identify in order to identify with the captor/abuser
Seeing things from the perspective of the perpetrator
Valuing every small gesture of kindness, such as letting them live
Refusing to seek freedom even given the opportunity
Is Stockholm syndrome a survival strategy?

Many psychologists and psychiatrists have considered the Stockholm syndrome a survival strategy in extreme conditions, where there is:

The constant threat to physical and psychological survival
A condition of helplessness and hopelessness
Isolation and loss of support systems from the outside world
A context of trauma and terror that shatters previously held assumptions
The perception that survival depends on total surrender and compliance
What are the psychological processes underlying Stockholm syndrome?

There are five powerful motivations working together to contribute to the development of the Stockholm syndrome:

The motivation to survive physically and psychologically
The motivation to avoid pain and fear
The motivation to find hope and meaning
The motivation to find significance and security
The motivation to seek acceptance and relationship
Although these are primary motivations operating in all sorts of situations, most of the time only one or two motivations may predominate.

However, in a hostage or abuse situation, all these motivations are operating and contributing to the bonding between the victim and the abuser. Such a relationship is strengthened both by the negative reinforcement of relief from pain and fear, and the positive reinforcement of approval and recognition.

-------------------
As Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the REST of the story." (And if you'll take time to search for "Stockholm Syndrome" on the Net, you will learn even more!)

Respond to this message   
Mentally Healthy

Do you sit by your computer and wait?

January 21 2006, 7:50 PM 

I think that this person calling herself "Informed" has problems. It's like this whole thing has consumed her, and I imagine that she just sits by her computer all day and into the night, WAITING for someone to post something, just so she can have something to do.

Hey, "Informed", your energy is so focused on this insignificant mission of yours...it is really sad. You need to seek some other avenue to allow your anal-retentive mind to flourish. You cannot diagnose someone with "Stockholm Syndrome" just from reading one post! Any psychiatric diagnosis is touchy at best, it takes multiple sessions with a patient in question to really know what is wrong with a person. Any psychologist would tell you that. The human psyche is so complex. It really makes you show your ignorance when you are so easily satisfied with just what you read from the internet. I highly doubt that you have any experience whatsoever to say any of the things you have said. You consistently repeat things you have read, heard, and gleaned. The other people on here speak from their hearts, and are honestly sharing what they believe, and how it helped them. You try to put everything, including God, into a "box". You try to back people into corners out of your extreme hate for your enemies. Let it go. You will not have peace until you forgive, and give your enemies to God. He is the ONLY righteous judge, not you. Not everyone sees things the same way you do. Live and let live!

Respond to this message   
INFORMED

HEY - Health Nut ---

January 31 2006, 8:04 AM 

Quoting YOU, Pecan Patsy:

"God. He is the ONLY righteous judge, not you. Not everyone sees things the same way you do. Live and let live!"

STILL quoting YOU, Cashew kook:
"I think that this person calling herself "Informed" has problems.
It's like this whole thing has consumed her, and I imagine that she just sits by her computer all day and into the night, WAITING for someone to post something, just so she can have something to do."

Even MORE from YOU, Pistachio Peon:

"You try to put everything, including God, into a "box". You try to back people into corners out of your extreme hate for your enemies."

Now from me:

Not everyone sees things the same way you do. THANK GOD!!!! Live and let live!

Oh, and this: Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, REBUKE him; and IF [ONLY "IF"] he repent, forgive him. [IF he doesn't REPENT: REBUKE HIM - DON'T FORGIVE: REBUKE!](God said THAT, I didn't! Take it up with HIM if you don't like it!)

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. (God said so, I didn't! Take it up with HIM if you don't like it!)

Psssst - Walnut Weirdout:

Stockholm Syndrome isn't arrived at by a psych diagnosis --- do some research, for God's sake!

(Hope I didn't disappoint you by not answering sooner! Haven't been sitting by my computer! I guess I must HAVE A LIFE, huh? LOL!!!!)

Ever' dog has its day...

Respond to this message   
INFORMED

NUTSTER from MOLALLA

January 31 2006, 8:18 AM 

Mm. Hm.

(Yes, I AM INFORMED - and I AM sitting by my computer with nothing better to do at the moment!!! Got a PROBLEM with that?) (Hope so.)

Respond to this message   
Joy

Re: Duhhh - Can you say, "Stockholm Syndrome"?

April 16 2009, 7:13 PM 

WOW!

Respond to this message   
Another Cowardly Bastard

Re: I didn't realize...

December 4 2010, 8:45 PM 

its called a diet and exercize

Respond to this message   
Jazmin Romero

It's Jazmin!

September 28 2006, 2:50 PM 

Hey Justine!
Luv the "WHOLE YOU"! Im so pleased to see that you still stand on solid grounds!
Would love to hear from you, your name brought back great memories...one of the many best friends I made throught my 4 years.

Take care, hope to hear from you soon!

Respond to this message   
Daniel Brinegar

WELL SAID!

January 18 2007, 6:44 PM 

Justine,
I thought that what you said and how you said it was good. I went to Mt. Park from 6/01-9/01 and Palm Lane from 9/01-8/02 and loved them both. I don't know about you readers, but I would be dead today and, even worse, in Hell had it not been for MP and PL. Instead, however, I met Jesus and have the best life on Earth! (If you don't believe me, read my response to "been a long time" by loren.) I love you all and I'm praying for you.
Living for Jesus,
Daniel Brinegar
Phil 1:20, 21

Respond to this message   
eileen

Informed is a freak

December 22 2010, 8:33 PM 

Seriously get a life INFORMED and instead of sitting ripping on others focus on yourself-none of us are perfect including YOU-you are no better than anyone get it through your head-Justine is actually a beautiful girl and you're probably jealous. Merry Christmas!

Respond to this message   
Kellie

Bulllfuckinlonie

October 2 2011, 1:39 PM 

yOU ACADEMY WAS A CTOCK OF SHIT. A MAN/WOMAN KNOW WHEN THEYRE LOVED. YOU ALL SCAMMED THE SHIT OUT OF THE PEOPLE WHO ABONDONED THEIR KIDS ON YOUR PORCH AFTER AN HOUR OF MEETING. lOOK,...I HAD ISSUES MAKING FRIENDS, LOOKING AT MAIL FAMILY MEMBERS, AND EATING NOT TO MENTION MY CREDITS AFTER TWO YEARS WOULD NOT TRANSFER. yOUR HEARTS ARE FULL OF HATE BECAUSE THE LOVE IT TAKES FOR PATIENCE AND THE TIME IT TAKES TO PREPARE A CHILD DID NOT BELOMG THERE. sHOVING FOOD DOWN SOMEONES THROAT. PUSHUPS OVER ACITONE,CALLING YOUMGUE WEMON OUT IN FRONT OF BOYS AND EVERYONE BECAUSE THEY LOOKED A T A BOY? tHIS IS ALL iM WILLING TO TYPE. i AM WILLING TO SAY THIS THOUGH........i COULD NEVER EVER SEND MY 13/14/15/16 YEAR OLD CHILD AWAY WITHOUGHT HER KNOWING i LOVE HER. tHINK ABOUT THAT.....tWO YEARS, ATTICS FOR A FAMILY,.....YOU THINK i NEED DICAPLINE. IMBARASEMENT AND ANGER........THEY NEED HELP. i DO NOT HAVE THEIR gOD OR IF I DO tHEY NEED A PROGRAM TO SET THEIR ASSES RIGHT.

KELLIE NICHOL

P.S. iF i MISSED THE OPPERTUNITY TO WITNESS OR COME UP OFF THIS LAW SUIT.....i'M STILL GUNNA SPEND AS MUCH TIME AS I FEEL LIKE IT TO BASH THE SHIT OUTA THAT PLACE

kELLIE NICHOL

Respond to this message   
Another Cowardly Bastard

Re: Kaufman Vs. MPBA

April 24 2012, 6:23 PM 

I know that it can be done..... the more the better.... again and agin I was beaten by these people......ill never stop

Respond to this message   
Christine canchola

I remember you

September 17 2014, 1:02 AM 

I remember you to when I was there and my girl I followed around was kim waldon. Were you Suing them I'm confused?

Respond to this message   
Ashley Smith

Re: Kaufman Vs. MPBA

February 16 2016, 6:25 PM 

You know what Justine? Nobody confronts you on these forums because a) they're full of shit or b) they don't remember you. Well, I do. You were BIG. AWKWARD. Weird. Strange. I mean, no social skills. A real Weirdo. And your were NOT there as long as you say. I was there when you arrived, and when you left. You NEVER got the culture, you needed to be there, and you were NEVER abused. If anything, Mama gave you a break because you were young and weird. SHUT UP. You are so active on these forums, as if you were abused. YOU WERE NOT. I was there, and you were so bizarre that we were instructed not to mess with you. SO STOP.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.