Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

Mountain Park....This is a long one, I let my fingers carry themselves away.

January 30 2006 at 11:17 PM
Megan Hiskett 

Hello to anyone that remembers me. I went to Mt Park from October 02 - October 03. I don't really know where to start, or how I found myself on this web page, reading everyones experiences, but it brings a tear to my eye, because I feel so confused about it and I can relate to so much that everyone is saying. I think I have sat here for about 3 hours just reading through what everyone has had to say. All I have to say is WOW. You all know how the first hour went after you got there... we've all gone through it. They strip you down, put you in the shower to wash with anti lice medicine/soap and put you in clothing that you never thought you'd wear in a million years... and that was the beginning of a year in what I thought was hell. I was never hit, or drugged, or stabbed, or anthing else anyone is claiming happend there...but I was sad, depressed, confused, guilty, hateful, scared, and I never thought I would go home to see my family and friends.The only thing that helped me get through every long, painful, and lonley day was the few people that I became "friends" with. (As much as we could be friends) That would be Brittany Brown...you would crack me up!! We came in on the same days, and our parents went through the orientation together. I wished SO BAD that I could have taken you with me the day my mom came to get me. It killed me to leave you behind there, Brittany. Another person that helped me get through day in and day out was Jessica Taylor.. that southern acent just about killed me!! And last but not least was Kay Webster... she was so precious, and just lit up the room when she would come through. My best friend at the time was sent to Palm Lane, and she was there the whole time I was at Mtn Park. I would lay in bed at night wondering if she was thinking the same thing I was... come to find out I think we were all thinking the same thing I was. Moving on to Mrs. Gerhard,there was something about that lady that would make me cringe everytime I walked passed her. The day that my mom came to pick me up (5 days short of a year) Mrs. Gerhardt almost had my mom talked into leaving me there until she (Mrs. Gerhardt) thought I was ready to go home. Luckely my mom decided against what Mrs. Gerhardt had almost talked her into.
As I've read through most of these comments, I noticed that a lot of girls have had nightmares about Mtn Park, or being taken back there, and what not... and I thought that was crazy, because I've had a few myself. I wake up so scared and confused that I will think about it for the whole next day. It's been 3 years and a couple months since I've left Mtn Park, and I've put it all behind me. I only talk about it when someone asks me about it... so it's strang that I've written all of this. I'm not going to talk too much about what my life is like now.. all I will say is that I've proved Mrs. GErhardt WRONG!! When I first got out, I started to go back into the drugs, and all that...but I've been able to get myself away from most of that. I moved out of Cali...and I live in Texas now.. which I love!
I hope that all of you are doing well and It has been so great reading all your your thoughts, opinions, and stories!! Just remember that we are all survivors of mtn park!!
Talk to you guys later!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
stephanie connor

hi

April 29 2006, 3:27 AM 

its me stephanie connor i remember you you were pretty cool

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.