Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

Its been 12 years

May 1 2008 at 12:34 AM
Rachel (Ruhlig) Siebert 

I went to MP in October 94 - May 96. I did become a believer while I attended, but it never went anywhere from there. I didn't learn anything about God, God's truth, or how to live my life as a Christian. The only thing I can remember is the legalistic views of the Wills. I had nightmares for years afterwards, and I wasn't even singled out for attack by Miss Debbie, or Mrs.Wills. But I watched as other girls were unthinkably humiliated which I think Mrs. Debbie enjoyed the most. We were powerless, isolated, and without a voice. Yes, crying was not "aloud" because that would earn you bad attention from the workers. Most of the workers were just people that liked to make fun of the girls and hang out with the "borderline type" girls. (With exception of Miss Amy- she was truly full of God's love and I am thankful for her) - My mother would have never kept me there if she had truly known the tactics used there. I "pretended" to like it there for my own sanity and because I was told that if I was bad that my parents would keep me there longer. As for the money issue, my mother told me that she had to fork over 500$ right away and was told that it would go towards getting me clothes. My mother questioned them about the money when it was evident that I was needing clothes (in my letters and phone calls) and they told her 'we take the girls out to get clothes' (what a joke)- My mom said that she never got a straight forward answer as to what happened to her 500$ I believe like a lot of people that the Wills were greedy for money, and I will add to it that they fed off of abusing children in many different forms. I'm so heartbroken about the abuse that went on while I was there, and I had no power to stop it.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Rachel!

June 5 2009, 3:30 AM 

How are you? This is Amanda Zimmer! I have thought of you over the years! Come find us all on Facebook and Myspace....there are so many of us over there!

Respond to this message   

Hey girl!!

May 2 2011, 3:01 PM 

Hey, not sure if you will get this message or not but there are about 400 MP girls/guys on Facebook, come over there!! Would LOVE to get in touch with you and see how ya been!!

Karla

Respond to this message   

I was there with you!

October 23 2011, 12:55 PM 

I was there when you were. So much pain... even the years can not wash away.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Its been 12 years
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.