Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

Writting a book about Mountain Park

December 24 2008 at 5:23 AM
Nick McCormack 

I am currently writting a book about MP if you would like to tell your story or your experiences and be encluded in the book please let me know. I will be working on this for the next couple years and maybe even longer. you can contact me at andersonpatrick@live.com or my number is 541-300-0375 and you can reach me there anytime between 2 am and 11pm pacific time. thanks Nick McCormack.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Megan Schmitt

I'd love to help with your book

February 8 2009, 6:12 PM 

I was a student at the sister school to mountain park, palm lane. I would love to tell you my story. Shoot me an email and we'll talk more if you'd like
Megansrn@verizon.net
Thanks

Respond to this message   
Sarah

Movie on Mountain Park

April 19 2012, 11:53 AM 

I'm looking to hire and editor and publishing team to sit down and let me tell my story of mountain park. I'm really open to others' ideas and input to my movie. I want your experiences and views too! $$$$$$$ AndI'm willing to also help with those of you writing a book or movie too!

Respond to this message   
JASON MADDOX

i was there for some things....

April 1 2010, 6:30 PM 

hit me up dustysailor56@yahoo.com, thanks Jason Maddox from GA.

Respond to this message   
victoria petrenchak

Re: Writting a book about Mountain Park

May 6 2010, 5:03 AM 

i went to mp in 1997 then one out of the group that opened palm lane then back to mp. combined total time of over four years. wenchboodie@yahoo.com

Respond to this message   
Ewa

May 13 2010, 6:55 PM 

I was there for over four years 1995-1999; 2 1/2 as a student and 2 as single staff.

Something to keep in mind when writing your book... The boys dorm and girls dorm were two completely different worlds. I believe the majority of the physical stuff went on with the boys. The girls were handled on a more emotional level. The physical stuff usually subsided within a few days after admission, with a few extreme exceptions. After that, humiliation was the preferred method. I do not use the word "abuse" as I was never in the boys dorm to witness what happenned. Only the boys would know the truth about that. I could never make judgement either way. However, I have learned in all areas of my life that the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle, once you take the underlying emotion and motive out of it.

Respond to this message   
bh80

Staff of this school should not be allowed to comment here

October 12 2014, 5:48 PM 

Respond to this message   
ryan poirier

December 19 2014, 1:34 AM 

If u only knew what happened to us

Respond to this message   
josie

my story is messed up

December 4 2010, 8:14 PM 

i would like to tell my story but all my memorys are jumbled cuz of the seditives they were giving us. but i had and ugly dress and a baby stool and no sweets i wasnt even allowed to celabrate my own birthday. mrs gerhardt humiliated me infrount of everyone every chance she got she put me on my babystool during church and cut off my pony tail cuz i fell asleep after bein in the corner for 24 hours. i am emotionally and physically scared from that school.

Respond to this message   
Janet

I'm sorry

December 27 2010, 5:39 PM 

Josie, It's Janet. I was your orientation guide when you first came in. I just wanted to show you some love! I'm so sorry for everyone who was hurt by MP. It makes me angry to hear what you went through after I left. I still regret not running w/ you when we were at the dentist. I love you soo much and I hope you are doing good!! XOXO

Respond to this message   
Lindsey

I'd love to help

January 19 2011, 10:17 PM 

I'd love to help with your book. Many people have told me that I should write a book about it, but I wasn't ready to express myself that deeply about the experience. I've recently been able to write several small "essays" about my experience. I feel that I'm finally able to confront the experience for myself and I'd love to include that in your book.

Respond to this message   
rawr rawr

NICK!!!

April 14 2011, 8:11 PM 

its been a while nick... its kara email me... lil.mama.got.dhat.swagg@gmail.com

Respond to this message   
Misty Marsh Burckhalter

Went to Mtn Park 92-93

April 16 2011, 3:32 AM 

I graduated from Mtn Park in '93. If I hadn't of gone there I probably wouldn't have graduated. I also wouldn't be a nurse today because I was actually court ordered to that school for a year and after completion all charges were dropped. I didn't think the school was so bad. I guess it depends on your situation and what you make of it. You also don't know my living arrangements before going to Mtn Park. I actually went before the judge with my pastor while my pastor asked if I could attend. His wife went to the Bethesda Home run by the Wills. I could tell you my story if you want to hear it. I am not against Mtn Park though. I don't know what went on with the boys. You can email me. Misty

Respond to this message   
summer

Mt. Park 93-94

May 21 2011, 9:58 AM 

Hello,
My name is Summer & I was in Mt. Park during 93-94 my freshman year. I myself have considered writing a book & have written collage papers which include the happening of this school. I would love to contribute my ill experiences to your book. I am pretty busy right now but will compile several pages of memories which include abuses witnesses, psychological abuse endured & without a doubt the striping of identity & cultish brainwashing of at risk children.

Pls send me a note back if you are interested in my story.

Best, Summer

Respond to this message   
Joy Williams

MP

August 12 2011, 2:08 AM 

I went to MP. I would like to be able to tell my story... I went 1996-97 and although it's been 15 years but sometimes I still feel as if I'm there. I wake up in the night screaming for my dad. It's hard to explain being 30 and having night-terrors.
You can contact me 309.721.0375 Joy Williams MP survivor

Respond to this message   
Kiersten rall

February 23 2012, 4:13 PM 

I was at the mountain park in missouri the year it closed. I still cry when I think about how horrible those people treated us. They cut offmy hairandmade me wear rubber dish gloves. They made me where the same pair of yellow dish gloves for a month without removing them. They became so moist my hands started to rot and my fingernails started to mold. They did theese things for reasons beyond me. I tried so hard to be a good girl and make them happy but the female staff members seemed to hate me. My seconed guide was the worst sarah dunn her cruelty towards me was so awful. She would call me names make fun of me and I had no choice but to take it because I feared what would happen if I rebelled. Somehow God heard my prayers and delivered me grace, literally I got a new guide grace vu. Grace vu was the kindest person I had ever met. She loved me and I loved her she used to tell me I was pretty even after they cut off my hair and gave me gloves. I miss her so much she was my best friend it was her who showed me god not the preachers. I would love to help with your book and if anyone knows where grace vu from la is please let me know.

Respond to this message   
jayme mittag

May 1 2012, 3:48 PM 

i dont recall your face but your name sounds famillar.i was there the year it closed too. i can remember how sarah dunn treated people.and how the punishments made you feel like u were nobody

Respond to this message   
Ashley Peterson

Book Info

June 27 2012, 3:49 AM 

Hey there! I was "lucky" enough to get sent to both Palm Lane AND Mountain Park. I was first sent to PL in March of 2000, and then was sent to MP in October after I got busted in a cool group that (literally) encompassed half of the school. I think that going to both places kind of makes my take on things unique. It's funny to read all of these posts. Even years later, it's amazing the rush of emotions that I get when I recount all of the things that happened there through other people's eyes. I know that some of the things there that I saw still haunt me to this day. I like to think I'm not a crack pot, and can separate fact from fiction. It bothers me to see some people attacking others, when in reality we all went through the same hell. No, I don't believe that we were "doped". In fact, I WISH that were the case, but it wasn't. But I also have trouble with the people that say they never saw abuse go on there. That's a crock of shit. Just because we weren't walking around with black eyes doesn't mean we weren't mistreated. I think that Ewa said it, that the physical side was more in the boys' dorm, while the emotional battery took place in the girls'. I don't talk about this much anymore. I guess I got sick of trying to explain something that is incomprehensible to people who haven't experienced similar situations. Or the callous disregard of family members who had no other reply than, "you got yourself sent there", or, "what were we supposed to do?" I don't know...how about sending me to a prep school in New England, where the tuition would have been comparable, but the education would have actually gotten me into college. And by college, I do NOT mean Hyles or Crown. Oh well, water under the bridge. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I also had considered writing a manuscript at one time on the things that went on there, but I put the project down and never finished it. I'd love to help you out if you need insight, stories, or even just help editing. My number is 352-262-3830, and my email is ashley-peterson@live.com. Feel free to call me at any time or drop an email. Sending love to all my brothers and sisters, -A

Respond to this message   
kathryn gamble

interested

April 16 2013, 4:23 PM 

i was as student of mp and graduated 01 and i would like to help expose the wrong they have done and how it has affected me..email me if you need any help..thanks!
kathryn

Respond to this message   
Rob Butcher

Re: interested

June 2 2013, 6:52 PM 

I was only there three months. I remember first arriving was hell. I don't remember anything physical, but I do remember brother Sam yelling at a new student who appeared to cry and whine a lot. And the wooden paddle in the basement. I was there in 96 during the strange murder in March. I guess you have to believe that God gave William A. Futrelle II a special place in heaven. I can't but think, that could have been me. Why they decided to beat some innocent kid to death with a brick is beyond me. And to this day my parents have not acknowledged that they sent me to a place where I had perhaps a 1 in 10 chance of being killed. Do I blame them? Maybe a little. We all have faults, and it is forgiveness that sets us free.

Good to see Brother Sam is enjoying horseback riding with all the money he made at MP. http://www.ridinghappytrails.blogspot.com/ Must be nice.

I wish I could say that MP turned me around, and that I saw the light or something. In reality, it only led me down a path of drugs and alcohol. However, I managed to meet my wife, who taught me how to live a decent life, and it is my wife who I can say turned my life around. I managed to pick up the pieces of my broken life, and move on. Drug free. I wish the best to all those on this site. It is a long road to recovery, whether it is MP, or drugs, or both.

My sister, who was at MP for I believe 5 years, has a series heroin problem. I would be surprised if she lives another year. She never got over MP, and I don't blame her, she was dealt a bad hand. The sad thing is that there is nothing I, or anyone else, can do to help her. I hope others can read this and not suffer the same fate. Life is hard, and some of us just don't get to experience life as God meant. I think MP had good intentions of showing us all about how to live a good life. Unfortunately, I think they felt some sort of power over all the poor souls at MP, and by the nature of that power they abused it.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.