Tell the truth about Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy aka bible believer's church of Dandridge, tn. May God have Mercy on your souls I SHALL NOT.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  

over 6 years in and 10 years later

February 11 2010 at 3:25 PM

Ok so many of you guys might know me, know about me, or not know me at all. I haven't jumped on this band wagon for a while just because....

I was sent there when I was about 10 years old and about to turn 11. My parents really didn't have time to raise me the right way because they worked a lot to give me and my brother things that we didn't have. I kind of became out of control for them at age 10. I didn't do anything like rob stores or anything that some people got sent there for. I just didn't listen to my parents like most normal kids. I was there for just over 6 years and was one of the more "trusted" girls. I have to say I had fun while I was there. There some things that I questioned about stuffed that happened, but I was a kid and that was all that I knew.

I have to say that my experience there for better or for worse has molded me into the person I am today. I loved living with the girls. I guess growing up with girls that were older than me definitely made me mature a little faster than most other people. When I was 18 and left MP, I looked at myself and those peers around me and found that I saw life in a different light. I was behind on the music, movies, and trends. I didn't cuss and was difinitely not in the in crowd. I didn't know much about sex. I thought sleeping in the same bed with a guy was wrong. But there was one thing that MP equipped me with. That was responsibility and maturity. I am not saying that the staff there did it. It was probably I got to live with some of the best friends that I still talk to once in a while.

There are things that I definitely appreciate MP for and there are things I am angry at MP for. If it wasn't for MP, I wouldn't have the upbringing that I did have. My parents were always too busy to really care. I mean I know they cared but they were too busy working all the time. I am not sure where I would be right now and how I would have turned out if there wasn't someone there that took the time to raise me and make sure that I learned. I appreciate even the religious side of it. MP made me challenge ways of belief. I don't believe right now the way that MP had wanted us to believe, but I believe in a God and I was able to find for myself what I believe in and not just what I was told to believe. I learned to search and not just say I believe because someone else told me this is right and this is wrong. However, I am angry about the shelter life they gave me. I wish I was able to know more about the world and not just told that the world was bad. My parents and I's relationship has fallen apart too. One because I barely ever got to talk to them except once a week and most of the time they failed to call me even that much. I only got to see them once a year even though I was given the opportunity to see them twice. I am angry at MP at this point because I see them as a direct contribution to my parents and I's relationship falling apart. My parents and I haven't talked to each other in almost 10 years and I haven't seen them in almost 10 years. After all, they gave me up at 10 years of age and decided to let someone else raise me. I joined the military almost right after MP because I had always wanted to join the military. MP gave me the dicispline that I needed though to obey those in authority and get me through the training including airborne school.

I want to also take the time to apologize. I was a junior staff without the title. I was trusted. I was asked to do a lot of things that now as I look back I know were pretty questionable. The first year I was there I was spanked with a board a few times. As I grew up, I held people down for cold showers and made to drag someone around a field. I thought those where discipline measure that were by the "bible". I feel bad and think about it quite often. There are to this day I feel bad about participating in those events because I thought those things were right. I grew up there and just like people don't really question their paretns; I never questioned my actions.

10 years later... I have graduated with a Bachelor's Degree from a great University and am shooting for my masters as a Physician Assistant. I am out of the military now and am gay. However, I do have a few of the same beliefs that MP taught me like there is a God. However, I describe myself as a well balance part of society. I am not a religous person, but I believe that I do have someone to answer to for my actions. I am gay and love being gay. I work a pretty good job in a car dealership.

10 years later... it has taken me this long to actually physically get on one of these sites to tell a short story about what was my experience at MP and PL. To this day, my girlfriend, best friend/roommate, and those working with me don't know about MP. The only ties I still have is those great girls that I went to MP with that still email me through facebook and myspace.

A lot of you guys see MP in one way or the other. You either really hate MP or you really like MP. I think one way or the other MP had a way to shape our lives. I am not sure if I should hate MP all the way or like MP all the way. However, I have learned that everything that happens shape who we are today. Whether we like who we are or we don't like who we are, we all have a goal and we all are as the old saying goes "trying to get to the center of town." No matter how we get there;it just matters that we do. There are things that I am pissed off about growing up there, but I have learned to take it and move on. I can't change anything in the past. Again, I am just trying to get to the center of town.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

were you there with me 94-96

October 23 2011, 1:24 PM 

do i know you

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - over 6 years in and 10 years later
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to tell the truth about Mountain Park Academy Main index  
Find more forums on Child AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Let the truth be told. Personal opinions are those of the poster they may or may not agree with owners opinion Owner of this boards ASSumes no responsibility for opinion stated here. So go suck an egg bitch.      Everyone has a right to their own opinion.