This technique is revived here for the first time, the enamel work with translucent effect.
The watch will be made in 3 different series, with each series a limited edition of 8 pieces only:
Dials base is solid white gold:
1) The dial is hand engraved with a sunray pattern
2) Application 2 to 3 layers of translucent blue enamel and one layer of counter-enamel on the
back of the dial. Each layer has to be baked in a oven at 820 degrees.
(Yummy! and the final version could be even better!)
3) Application of all the "paillons" (original engraved gold leaves from the 18th century)
4) Application of a layer of color enamel (red, white or yellow color over the "paillons"). The dial
goes into the oven once more.
(Gold leaves for good fortune?)
5) Application of 4 to 6 additional layers of translucent enamel layers, one after the other in the
(Baking an enamel dial, repeatedly)
6) Finishing of the dial by hand; diamond polish
7) Once again into the oven
8) The dial is baked between 9 and 11 times