Return to Index  

I'm so glad, Isabel . . . . .

June 24 2008 at 10:33 PM
tlz3  (Login tlz3)

Response to LOOONG response!

that K is doing well. I know it's been a long road for her and for you.

You know that I'm right there with you with the hunch that puberty plays a big role in these flares. I think of just how many kiddos on this board starting flaring right around the onset of puberty. I think it would be an interesting study for a med student or resident.

I have an allergy question for you . . . Abby will be flying out west this summer with a friend (in just a few weeks), and another friend (whose dad is a commercial pilot---this friend has become Abby's "travel consultant" for this trip!) thinks it's probably a good idea to have a doctor's note about the Epi-Pen and Benadryl. Does your office frequently get similar requests? My second related question, though . . . we're in the middle of changing allergists for Abby (you probably don't want to know the story, and you probably would have told me to change a very long time ago!) . We're switching her to the allergists at Hershey, but her appointment is not until September (I need to call and see if there have been any recent cancellations to get her in sooner). If I call the first allergist, they're probably going to say, "Oh---you need to schedule an appointment!" And I have no intention of doing that with them. Can I just get a note from the family doctor (if I explain the transition to them . . . they do have/should have correspondence from the allergist)?

Hope you're having a good summer so far!

~ Tammy

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Tammy - Isabel on Jun 25, 2008, 6:55 AM
  •  
Find more forums on DisabilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement