Return to Index  

Wish us luck.....

September 7 2008 at 1:17 PM
Michelle  (no login)

On Tuesday, we go to see the pediatric opthamologist to discuss Amanda's glaucoma surgery. Her pressure has been way up for about 2 months so I'm anxious to see what it is. So far, Amanda's attitude seems pretty positive - way more positive than me! I can tell her eye isn't "healthy" - her pupils aren't dilating together and that's a sign that things aren't good. So we're just gonna cross our fingers and hope for the best.

And an update for me - I haven't really posted much about this. In mid-April, I started having constant stomach aches. Mostly at the top of my stomach but always accompanied by nausea. I've been thru a whole whack of tests and they're still baffled. I've had an ultrasound, barium x-ray, CT scan, colonscopy and I went for a gastroscopy on Wednesday. The procedure went pretty well - at least I slept thru this one - I wasn't so lucky for the colonscopy! Not so good for my throat - the nurse had said they wanted me to be awake so that I could swallow the scope. Well, I think I was probably snoring by that point so they had to cram down the scope and that hurt my throat a bit when I woke up. And my stomach was quite irritated for a couple of days. I go in a week and a half to get the results. I'm down 34 lbs since April. They took a biopsy of both my stomach and small colon to check for celiac's disease. Sigh.

Michelle

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on DisabilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement