Return to Index  

Wish us luck.....

September 7 2008 at 1:17 PM
Michelle  (no login)

On Tuesday, we go to see the pediatric opthamologist to discuss Amanda's glaucoma surgery. Her pressure has been way up for about 2 months so I'm anxious to see what it is. So far, Amanda's attitude seems pretty positive - way more positive than me! I can tell her eye isn't "healthy" - her pupils aren't dilating together and that's a sign that things aren't good. So we're just gonna cross our fingers and hope for the best.

And an update for me - I haven't really posted much about this. In mid-April, I started having constant stomach aches. Mostly at the top of my stomach but always accompanied by nausea. I've been thru a whole whack of tests and they're still baffled. I've had an ultrasound, barium x-ray, CT scan, colonscopy and I went for a gastroscopy on Wednesday. The procedure went pretty well - at least I slept thru this one - I wasn't so lucky for the colonscopy! Not so good for my throat - the nurse had said they wanted me to be awake so that I could swallow the scope. Well, I think I was probably snoring by that point so they had to cram down the scope and that hurt my throat a bit when I woke up. And my stomach was quite irritated for a couple of days. I go in a week and a half to get the results. I'm down 34 lbs since April. They took a biopsy of both my stomach and small colon to check for celiac's disease. Sigh.

Respond to this message   

Find more forums on DisabilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement