Return to Index  

Amanda update...

September 10 2008 at 8:02 AM
Michelle  (no login)

 

Well, after a VERY long day, we're not looking at surgery - yet. The doc is putting her on an oral diuretic in the hopes that that'll bring down the pressure. We go see our local opthamologist in a week to a week and a half and check the pressure. If it's down, great. If not, then we're looking at surgery. The good news is he's able to do a fairly simple procedure that she had when she had the same procedure done when she was four. It has the least chance of aggravating the arthritis in her eye. And the recovery is fairly quick. It'll only mean a couple of days out of town if there are no complications. Amanda took the news OK - she's getting pretty frustrated. She gears herself up to hear the news she will have to have surgery and she gets the news she has to wait some more. She was pretty down on the drive home. But I think she realizes if the new drug can get the pressure down, we'll avoid surgery altogether and that's a good thing. So time will tell!

Michelle

 
 Respond to this message   
Find more forums on DisabilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement