Return to Index  

New Here and so glad to find this

September 30 2008 at 3:36 PM
Gina  (Login gskibo)

My daughter Anna was diagnosed with JRA 1 year ago at age 2. They thought it was polyarticular as it was in 1 knee but since has gone to her other knee and also all her fingers. She has been on naproxen since the JRA was disconvered and has had 4 joint injections into her knees since diagnosis, which work for about 3 months. We have been giving her Methatrexate orally for about 8 weeks for the fingers and they have not gotten better. The doctor gave 2 choices to go forward - either increase the Methatrexate dosage and give via sub-cue injection (1/wk) or continue Methatrexate orally and add Enbryl via injection (2x per week). He believes the enbryl/methatrexate in conjuction are more likely to work but I am having a hard time knowing that she will be getting 2 injections per week for who knows how long. It breaks my heart that she must go through this and I want to make her better, but I also don't want to traumatize her or put her through any undue duress. Has anyone had to make this decision? Did it work for you? How does your child handle these shots?

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on DisabilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement