Return to Index  

An Us update...

November 9 2008 at 9:46 PM
Michelle  (no login)

Hi guys -- first off my apologies for being so absent. Things have been insane around here.

First off, I've been sick for the last 7 months. I've lost about 40 lbs and I finally have a diagnosis - I have a hiatus hernia with esophageal reflux. After undergoing months of humiliating and disgusting tests, I finally have an answer. What I don't have is what they plan to do to treat it. I go back to see my gastroenterologist on Thursday to see what he plans on doing. So far the meds they've given me haven't done much. My family doc put me on an acid reducing med which has helped somewhat but, over the last two months, I've had overwhelming nausea. The one med I got to help with the nausea made me more sick so I'm back to taking gravol. I'm not working right now. Once the doc can give me a better idea of what they can do to help me, I'll see if I can go back to work.

And now for Amanda. Like our plate hasn't been full enough! We're headed to the hospital tomorrow so she can have glaucoma surgery. Her pressure has been in the mid 30's since the summer. After trying a few oral meds - one which made her sick, and one that didn't work - and being on every drop there is available, the doc finally decided to go for surgery. We're all quite relieved. The pediatric opthamologist we see is leaving the hospital at the end of the month but at least we can get him to do this surgery before he leaves. I was worried we'd be riding the roller coaster for awhile and then he'd be gone and we'd be stuck with someone we didn't know. Amanda is amazingly composed for this. She is looking forward to having the surgery done and getting off of some of these drugs. Hopefully she will have minimal complications.

Again, my apologies for being so absent. I haven't been able to get here as much as I'd like to. I think of y'all often and hope all your kidlets are doing well.

Michelle

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on DisabilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement