Return to Index  

New here.. son with JRA :(

December 7 2008 at 1:25 PM
Jackie  (no login)

My 2 year old was diagnosed with JRA about 3 months ago. I have been through every emotion possible. He has Pauciarticular RA, his right knee, left ankle, and right middle finger are the joints that are imflammed. We went to the opthamologist last week and his eyes are 100% clear of inflammation, thank God. Dominic has been on Naprosyn since being diagnosed, and we've seen a pretty good change in him. In the mornings, his leg and ankle are stiff but he is able to walk around, come to wake me up in my room, and after having his medicine and moving around for a little bit, he is running and jumping around. Before the medicine kicked in, he wouldn't even walk in the morning, it hurt so bad. He is only 2 so he can't really communicate what exactly hurts but he gets the point across.

At our last doctor appointment, his doctor upped his dosage for the Naprosyn and said at our next appointment (the 16th) he would see how he is doing and if we need to move to Methotrexate. I DO NOT want to put him on MTX. I am absolutely horrified at the thought of it. sad.gif I am not the wisest when it comes to JRA, but I think Dominic has a relatively mild case. He is able to play and run around, but after a while his joints really start to bother him.

I am just so confused. I don't even know if this made any sense. I just want him to get better. Any advice would be appreciated.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on DisabilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement