Return to Index  

Welcome Jackie & Dominic....

December 7 2008 at 6:55 PM
Michelle  (no login)

Response to New here.. son with JRA :(

I'm glad you found us! The board has been pretty slow lately but I suspect that's the natural ebb and flow of people's lives getting in the way.

That's wonderful that naprosyn seems to be controlling Dominic's symptoms. But I wouldn't be too afraid of methotrexate. For some kids, the first line of defence drugs don't always do the trick and they have to move on to the disease-modifying drugs. My DD Amanda (now 13, diagnosed at 18 months) was put on methotrexate about 2 years into our arthritis journey. Initially, she was put on it to conrol her eye inflammation, but it also served to put her into medically-induced remission for five years. Eventually we had to move on to something else but methotrexate really helped. According to our rheumatologist, they have over 30 years of data on kids using methotrexate for arthritis management and they've had some significant success. Hopefully Dominic will continue to have wonderful results on naprosyn -- I just wanted to put your mind at ease over methotrexate.

If you have any questions, fire away!!!

Michelle

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on DisabilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement