Bone marrow transplant for CelesteMarch 4 2009 at 9:49 PM
|Carrie (no login)|
I just wanted to let you all know that Celeste has not been doing well. The miracle drug that she was on has stopped working. We also found out today that she has another defect that causes her to go into something called Macrophage Activation Syndrome. The doctors have said that now that there are no more drugs for Celeste's Still's disease and now that we know she has this other life threatening condition we need to start the process of a bone marrow transplant. It will be a very rough ride. She will be just like a cancer patient. I have talked to another mom whose daughter had a bone marrow transplant for Still's disease and she said that I was the best thing they ever did. She is cured. We would really appriciate any prayers that you all could send up on Celeste's behalf.
I truly hope that you are all doing well.
- Oh Carrie... - Vicki on Mar 4, 2009, 10:11 PM
- I'm sorry - Isabel on Mar 5, 2009, 10:34 AM
- Dear Carrie, . . . . . - tlz3 on Mar 5, 2009, 6:58 PM
- Dear Carrie, - Anonymous on Mar 5, 2009, 9:49 PM
- Dear Carrie... - Antonietta on Mar 7, 2009, 4:34 PM