Return to Index  

Update from us too!!! LONG

March 17 2009 at 8:14 PM
Isabel  (no login)

Since everyone is popping in with updates, I might as well add ours!
K. is a HS senior (17) and enjoying every minute of it!!!! She swam on the varsity swim team the last 3 years....butterfly predominantly as well as freestyle....occasionally they threw her into the IM! She has been accepted to 2 of her 3 college choices (University of Vermont and Truman State). She's waiting to hear from Vassar. She's involved with Women's ensemble (choir)....tried out in the fall and only 10 make it, She is also a member of the National Honor Society, and Latin Honor Society. She was a swim coach (2 years now) for the other team she swims for (and most people are quite sad to see her leave). They all ask me HOW she does it (swimming for 2 teams/coaching/school/homework etc.) Time management I guess!
She leaves on the 19th for a 2 week trip to Ireland (on her own....YIKES). She will be visiting her friend in Belfast, but she actually flies into Dublin and will travel from there. I'm sure she'll be just fine!

Arthritis wise....status quo....no news is good news! Humira and Voltaren are current meds. Eyes.....*relatively* quiet. We had some issues with her shoulders again. (I wonder if swimming butterfly doesn't sometimes aggravate things). We're trying to span out our visits (both opth and rheumy wise in preparation for college). We do have names of Docs in case of emergencies.

She keeps quite busy and I'm really proud of her. SO...that's it from here (oh...there's more, but I won't get into that!) Keep her in your thoughts for safe travels!

Isabel

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on DisabilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement