Return to Index  

Apparently few people catch a point

March 23 2004 at 11:36 AM
No score for this post
  (no login)

Response to Murphy's nude scene

As with many fims people tend to go see a horror movie wanting Freddy or Chucky to appear. This film had a point. God forbid. Danny Boyle is one of the most daring directors of our time. He chose to not only take on the idea that a virus would spread, but that we would quarentine a whole nation. He also showed something that many hate the film for. He showed the fear of being alone and uninformed. I thought it was brilliantly directed. As far as the acting.I thought Cillian Murphy was easy to identify with. If you had watched the altenate endings or listened to the directors commentary you would know that the original ending was for him to die. It was also the ending some of the actors thought should be used. Also you would know that many of the shots were taken from real life events. Chris Eccleson's character was very Kubrick military. If you don't recognize him, he was in Shallow Grave (another Boyle flick and one of the best greed movies out there). He was also the husband in The Others. He's a great character actor and was perfect for the role. Brenden Gleeson is Brenden Gleeson. I shouldn't have to say more.

As far as the original topic. I think it was meant to give a complete innocence to the character. Waking up naked and ignorant to the fact that your entire world has just collapsed around you.

If you want to see something where you just wait for someone to die. See Heavy. It sucked.

If you want to realize how close we are to having this film be close real life. Look up West Nile virus. Or read Killer Algae.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement