<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

SB & Friends, Solidaritet + Air, Birmingham November 16-17, 2007

November 19 2007 at 12:43 AM
StoneBridge  (Premier Login StoneeBoy)
Owner

Can’t believe we’ve done nine nights in Stockholm already and they just keep getting better and better as we iron out the bugs. This time we had Patric La Funk coming in as the guest and he played a solid set of house and slightly techy stuff after Joey’s impressive foundation - great vibe geezer! As the energy wasn’t through the roof already, I could build a bit and started with my Sugarbabes remix, which worked really well followed by a mad remix of Daft Punk and Chris Kaeser’s mix of You Don’t Know. Wicked start and then it just carried on until the end. We had the upgraded system and lights and with these you just can’t go wrong in this club. Can’t wait for the season finale with Eddie Thoneick and the excitement is already building now. Special thanks to our trusty crew that shows up every time (Vcut, Mia-Maria, Tobias etc - you know who you are!). And now for Kerry’s accessories: Great choice I have to say, very winter ball with a Nordic touch. Can’t wait to see what you will wear for the last party. Gotta be very disco!!

Solidaritet November 16, 2007

Sugarbabes - My Love Is Pink (SB)
Daft Punk - Da Funk (Whelan & Di Scala)
StoneBridge - You Don’t Know (Chris Kaeser)
DJ DLG - 1984
Amy Winehouse - Rehab (Soulcast)
Tatoe Tease - 32 Steps (Splashfunk)
Rune - Calabria (SB Edit)
Teo Moss - The Walk
Solitaire - You Got The Love (MW Kidology)
Britney Spears - Gimme More (SB)
Emanuel, McCall - Gotta Get Through (Smax & Gold)
Dirty South ft Rudy - Let It Go
Robin S - Show Me Love (SB & Gold)
TV Rock - The Others (Laidback Luke)
DJ Antoine - This Time (Klaas)
Ian Carey - Keep On Rising (Dub)
StoneBridge - Put ‘Em High

The next day me, Joey and Kerry travelled to Birmingham and Air, which is one of the UK’s biggest clubs. There had been some disturbing reports, but hooking up with Thomas Gold and Jason Herd is always worth a bit of gambling. Joined by Ronster, we arrived at the club around 12.30 and we could hear the kick drum echoing inside from the car park. No line and inside there can’t have been more than 20 people dancing to Mr Herd’s grooves. Ouch! Upstairs it was a bit busier and I bumped into Jolyon from NZ and Steve Richards - my Cuyprus buddies. Talk about weird hook ups, eh, Jolyon! Thomas Gold had just started and it was a good set again. I took over and as it was late and very electronic in there I went straight into Daft Punk and Amy. Then as I mix in the third tune, the CDJ decided to do some special FX. Pretty cool for a while, but then it just stopped. Excellent and maybe not the most inspiring beginning. After another tune the next DJ, who was shall we say was properly refreshed, started to lean in wth his headphones and I felt I’d had enough so I let him demolish Robin S in the second breakdown and got out of there. The state of Birmingham and maybe UK in general is worrying, hopefully next year will see some improvement (hey guys, maybe you should get on a plane to Asia and see how it’s done

Air, Birmingham November 17, 2007

Daft Punk - Da Funk (Whelan & Di Scala)
Amy Winehouse - Rehab (Soulcast)
Teo Moss - The Walk
Dirty South ft Rudy - Let It Go
Chris Montana - Porto Hustle
Robin S - Show Me Love (SB & Gold)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Viktor K (Vcut)
(no login)

Re: SB & Friends, Solidaritet + Air, Birmingham November 16-17, 2007

November 19 2007, 3:38 PM 

Awesome friday night Stone (and friends)! Had a blast, definitely one of the best yet!
See you next time, it will be great!

Respond to this message   
StoneBridge
(no login)

November 19 2007, 5:18 PM 

Bet on it Vcut - We've just confirmed a pretty spectacular decor for next time. Soli won't be the same after that party

Respond to this message   
Ronster
(no login)

Asia the way forward in clubbing!Ronster

November 20 2007, 2:31 AM 

Well I must admit that so far over the last 12 months I have seen nothing to compare my experiences in Asia.....Mos in Singapour was great.. will for sure hit Korea and Japan one day as well.Thanks for the great weekend Stone

Ciao

Ronster

Respond to this message   

mambobirdette
(Login mambobirdette)

November 21 2007, 11:41 AM 

Had a really good night, i think it was most definatley the most fun party yet, well of all the 3 i've actually stayed out for anyway.

Now i need to find something 'disco' . . .

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index